Start by marking “Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters” as Want to Read:
Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters

Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters

On the surface, Rachel Stevens's life looks perfect.

One great job, two awesome roommates, and a supportive family. But when her roommate Hannah announces her engagement, Rachel sees eternal singleness and innumerable cats in her future. When the bride-to-be issues a challenge--go on six blind dates before I say "I do" --Rachel isn't convinced her imagined future is that ba
Paperback, First Edition, 272 pages
Published July 9th 2019 by Sweetwater Books

Start your review of Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters
Cathy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is my very favorite type! I love contemporary romance with humor and this author did a great job with this one!

Rachel is such a great character! I loved seeing things through her eyes. She’s just a bit quirky in a good way. It was fun seeing how the blind dates came about. And the dates she had, wow! I never had any dates that were anywhere near as bad as hers. I had to laugh out loud at her dates.

The reader doesn’t see things through anyone’s eyes but Rachel’s in this one. There were
Charissa
Rachel has been out of the dating loop for years. After she broke off her engagement to James 7 years ago, she hasn’t had any heart left to put into finding someone else. James was perfect, but she’d been a scared 20 year old who had run when her doubts go the better of her. But now, just as she agrees to go on 6 blind dates before her roommate (James’s sister) get married, James moves back into town and her heart is walloped again. As Rachel goes on her blind dates, disaster after disaster happ ...more
Happy Reading Watching
This book was really funny, and had it's sassy moments! The blind dates had me laughing out loud! This book reminded me of a modern Jane Austen retelling, won't say which one because that could give things away. The best part of this novel was the friendship between the roommates. I would read a book based solely on Rachel, Val,& Hannah. Just loved them!!!
In the end of this novel it felt a little rushed, some things we didn't get to experience with the characters but were told they happened.

* s
Trulee Goble
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has a different feel from her first novel. Though witty humor is still to be found, this book digs a bit deeper into one's emotions. The characters are fun to get to know. The blind dates are unbelievable--seriously, if I didn't know better. . . . In the end this novel is a solid, feel-good romance. I'm already excited to read her next book. ...more
Nicole
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blind Dates, Bridesmaids, and Other Disasters by Aspen Hadley is an excellent contemporary romance. I had SO much fun reading this one. I was engaged in this story so much that the pages flew by. The characters are outstanding. The camaraderie and deep friendship between Rachel, Val, and Hannah is beautifully illustrated. I love how they are there for each other no matter what, and they don’t shy away from being open and honest too.

James is my new favorite hero. He is definitely handsome and int
Sarah Robbins
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so cute. A really quick, clean read. I loved all the funny date stories, and that they all came from the author's fan's stories they submitted. Even though it was pretty predictable it was still enjoyable getting there. Basically a hallmark movie in a book. ...more
Katie Edgar
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny yet meaningful

I really enjoyed reading this. I laughed out loud many times and one time was so much that I was worried I was going to wake my husband. It kept me up reading way later than any recent book has. It was just a plain fun escape. It was clean and I appreciate that. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a light-hearted, fun book.
Rachel
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️

Second grade teacher Rachel is ready to straight up be a cat lady, having exiled herself from dating for years after breaking off her engagement with James. But, when her best friend Hannah gets engaged, she’s whisked into wedding planning as her maid of honor, and James? He’s actually Hannah’s older brother, yikes he just moved to the same town, and turns out, he’s in the wedding, too. Rachel agreed to serial blind dates to help get over the mistake she made years ago, which actually hel
Erica Kerr
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Blind Dates, Bridesmaids and Other Disasters by Aspen Hadley is so fun!
The dates are sooo funny and even better that they are based on real stories! I kept getting so excited when she’d go on another date. I can’t imagine going thru those! The friendship of the 3 roommates is so sweet. Rachel is such an amazing friend and puts everyone else’s comfort above her own. The cat lady references make me laugh and I hope one day she gets her 2 cats! Hannah’s wedding planning takes over the roommates liv
Jessica Liza
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book! I loved how she got all the bad date ideas from her readers. Crazy to think those stories are true! How could there be so many weirdos out there that think those dates are normal?! I loved to read about the friendship of the roommates. I’m totally jealous of that type of friendship. The ending did seem a little rushed, but it kind of had to be to keep the rest of the dating story flowing. Very fun, clean read when I needed it.
Janelle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters was a fun and very cute read! I stayed up late to finish reading it, much to my husband's dismay.

Rachel Stevens is 27 and still single, living with her two best friends in the city. Her dating life has been nonexistent since her breakup with her first love seven years ago. Her roommate issues her a challenge to start dating again, right as James (as in heartbreak, ex-fianceé James) walks back into her life.

The series of blind dates and other first date
Hannah Grandstaff
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so much GOOD to say about this book! From start to finish, I was dying to know what happened next. I related to Rachel in so many ways! It felt like I was personally in her shoes on those cringeworthy dates and intimate moments. The depth of her situation made it hard to put the book down! It was so different from her first book but it was just as captivating! Passionate, emotional, hysterical, relatable. LOVED IT!
Lynette
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I waited forever for this book, but it was worth the wait. I really enjoy Aspen Hadley’s feel-good romances. I hope book 3 isn’t far away.
Jenny
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 star rating. This book had a pretty slow start for me. It was fairly predictable. The best part of this book for me was the end. It was so great!
Martha
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed yet another one of this authors books completely! I hope she keeps writing as she has talent for a great book.
Daisy Dandelion
This was a cute story. LOTS of funny mishaps. One true love.
One of my favorite parts of this book were the "love" quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
For example:

"You don't love because, you love despite;
not for the virtues, but despite the faults."
- William Faulkner

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
- Franklin P. Jones
RD
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was so fun to read! The dates Rachel goes on are hilarious and even more so because they are based on true experiences. The chemistry between Rachel and ... was perfectly executed!! ❤️ I felt the pacing was perfect; I couldn’t have waited any longer for the happy ending.
Elsie
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

Crazy blind dates, good friends who care enough to be honest with you and the opportunity to root for love—this is a winning trio!
Lydia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious! You'll be tugged into one disaster or challenge after another which will seem impossible yet I've experienced one very similar date. The growth of the story and the characters was perfect and balanced with a well rounded cast. ...more
Pascale
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author’s work and I plan on reading a lot more of hers in the future! I absolutely loved this story! The pacing was perfect. The story unfolded at an unhurried rate and I was never bored. The characters were well developed and I enjoyed the humour of the crazy dates she went on. I’ve added this book to my wishlist and I’m sure I will be reading it again. I highly recommend it. An enthusiastic 5 star rating from me!
Karen
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and swoony

I laughed a great deal and rooted for them all the way. I appreciated the maturity and depth that I, frankly, was not expecting in a light, romantic comedy.
LeeAnn
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Rachel’s decision to put herself out there in the dating world again and then all the crazy she endures — I was laughing so hard! This was entertaining, heart wrenching, and I was aching for the outcome I was hoping for. I loved her relationships that keep her going, and learning all she did during the story. I loved it!
Jen
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t typically read fluffy rom-com type books, but this one was gold. Clean, hilarious, and perfectly predictable, it was a great diversion from my more serious reading.
Sara
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Absolutely hilarious!!!
Kandis
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
I loved this funny romance. It was fun to read an atypical and "messy" romance that was still light and sweet. I can't wait for more books from this author! ...more
Carla
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A delightful story about life, love & friendship & everything that gets in the way as we stumble through young adulthood.
Kim (myshelfstyle)
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, borrowed
I am so happy I came across this book! I really liked the idea behind the story and think there are many millennial and older Gen Z women that can relate to Rachel's trials and tribulations with dating, romantic relationships, and wedding craziness.

Soon after Rachel's best friend and roommate Hannah, announces her engagement, and as maid of honor is assisting Hannah with wedding planning alongside their other friend and roommate Val. Several years before this book is based, Rachel was engaged t
Amber
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terribly Entertaining

Ugh! The worst dates ever!
How does Hadley make her characters so totally relatable? I have thoroughly enjoyed her first two books. Clean romance. Not cheesy. Lots of humor. She flushes out her characters so you want to be friends with them too. I'm impressed.
Royce Watson
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This is a wild and crazy book. Some of the dates this gal went on, well I thought I had been on some bad ones, guess they weren't that bad.
Tiffany
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so entertaining! I was literally laughing out loud! And I can’t believe all her dates were based on actual dates people have been on! It was hilarious and adorable and I enjoyed it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• If It's Perfect (The Wedding Business #1)
  • Love From Scratch: A Laugh Out Loud Romantic Comedy
  • A Temporary Marriage (Fake Love #1)
  • First Kiss Train Wreck: A Sweet Romantic Comedy Novella (Shaped by Love #3)
  • A Christmas Spark
  • The Christmas Letters
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)
  • A Temporary Boyfriend: (Fake Love #2)
  • A Temporary Engagement (Fake Love #3)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • Mr. Gardiner and the Governess (Clairvoir Castle Romances Book 1)
  • Love Redesigned
  • Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • The Best-Laid Plans
  • The Accidental Text
  • The Doctor and the Midwife
Aspen Hadley loves nothing more than a great story. She has devoted herself to story-telling for the majority of her life, writing her first novel at her kitchen table in the 8th grade. Aspen writes what she wants to read: clean, sassy, romantic comedy novels that give you a break from real life and leave you feeling happy.

Outside of writing, Aspen's number one hobby is reading. Number two is snea

News & Interviews