Start by marking “Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters” as Want to Read:
Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters

Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters

On the surface, Rachel Stevens's life looks perfect.

One great job, two awesome roommates, and a supportive family. But when her roommate Hannah announces her engagement, Rachel sees eternal singleness and innumerable cats in her future. When the bride-to-be issues a challenge--go on six blind dates before I say "I do" --Rachel isn't convinced her imagined future is that
Paperback, First Edition, 272 pages
Published July 9th 2019 by Sweetwater Books

Start your review of Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters
Cathy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is my very favorite type! I love contemporary romance with humor and this author did a great job with this one!

Rachel is such a great character! I loved seeing things through her eyes. She’s just a bit quirky in a good way. It was fun seeing how the blind dates came about. And the dates she had, wow! I never had any dates that were anywhere near as bad as hers. I had to laugh out loud at her dates.

The reader doesn’t see things through anyone’s eyes but Rachel’s in this one. There were
Happy Reading Watching
This book was really funny, and had it's sassy moments! The blind dates had me laughing out loud! This book reminded me of a modern Jane Austen retelling, won't say which one because that could give things away. The best part of this novel was the friendship between the roommates. I would read a book based solely on Rachel, Val,& Hannah. Just loved them!!!
In the end of this novel it felt a little rushed, some things we didn't get to experience with the characters but were told they happened.
Trulee Goble
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has a different feel from her first novel. Though witty humor is still to be found, this book digs a bit deeper into one's emotions. The characters are fun to get to know. The blind dates are unbelievable--seriously, if I didn't know better. . . . In the end this novel is a solid, feel-good romance. I'm already excited to read her next book.
Sarah Robbins
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so cute. A really quick, clean read. I loved all the funny date stories, and that they all came from the author's fan's stories they submitted. Even though it was pretty predictable it was still enjoyable getting there. Basically a hallmark movie in a book.
Rachel
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

Second grade teacher Rachel is ready to straight up be a cat lady, having exiled herself from dating for years after breaking off her engagement with James. But, when her best friend Hannah gets engaged, she’s whisked into wedding planning as her maid of honor, and James? He’s actually Hannah’s older brother, yikes he just moved to the same town, and turns out, he’s in the wedding, too. Rachel agreed to serial blind dates to help get over the mistake she made years ago, which actually
Amber
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terribly Entertaining

Ugh! The worst dates ever!
How does Hadley make her characters so totally relatable? I have thoroughly enjoyed her first two books. Clean romance. Not cheesy. Lots of humor. She flushes out her characters so you want to be friends with them too. I'm impressed.
Hannah Grandstaff
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so much GOOD to say about this book! From start to finish, I was dying to know what happened next. I related to Rachel in so many ways! It felt like I was personally in her shoes on those cringeworthy dates and intimate moments. The depth of her situation made it hard to put the book down! It was so different from her first book but it was just as captivating! Passionate, emotional, hysterical, relatable. LOVED IT!
Jenny
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 star rating. This book had a pretty slow start for me. It was fairly predictable. The best part of this book for me was the end. It was so great!
Lynette
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I waited forever for this book, but it was worth the wait. I really enjoy Aspen Hadley’s feel-good romances. I hope book 3 isn’t far away.
Tamera Westhoff
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Hysterical Romance

This was mostly terrible dates that kept leading her to her one true love that she ditched years before. I love her roommates! Poor Rachel had it rough! But, I loved the ending and the epilogue!
Julie
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title says it all

This book took me a while to read, but only because I couldn't find time to get back it. And when wasn't reading I was thinking about Rachel and her blind dates. I wanted her to find love and not be a cat lady. It's such a fun book with hilarious moments interspersed with Rachel's personal growth. It's a gem.
Vibliophile
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(3.5 stars) - Dates that make you want to stay single!

So this is the story of Rachel's disastrous attempt to start dating again, played out over the framework of her best friend's wedding planning.

I didn't care much for the beginning. It felt like it was trying to be funny, but was trying too hard. Still, lots of books have trouble finding their stride during the story's setup, so I persevered.

Once the dates begin, it's a mix of funny and cringe. These were based on real dates that went wrong?
Desiree
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read and had me laughing. The dates were hilarious. The h & H and romance were written realistically. This was a 2nd chance romance and the story was well thought out written well. I know it's a romance with a HEA but nothing was on the nose and had me turning the pages to see what was next. I've read two books from this author and I believe she can be added to the auto buy list. The book had good dialogue, nice story arc and great characters.
LeeAnn
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Rachel’s decision to put herself out there in the dating world again and then all the crazy she endures — I was laughing so hard! This was entertaining, heart wrenching, and I was aching for the outcome I was hoping for. I loved her relationships that keep her going, and learning all she did during the story. I loved it!
Debbi
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super cute

This was a fun book that had me laughing out loud. I can’t wait to read her other book now.
Katherine
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romantic comedy

I can’t believe all of these dates are based on real dates. Real life truly is stranger than fiction sometimes. I enjoyed how Aspen wove a well paced second chance story around humorous horrible dates, using them as a catalyst for the true love story.
Connie Cook
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really cute fun read. It read like a great Hallmark move (Aspen you should sent them them the idea!). The blind dates were so funny, and to think you got the idea from true stories! This was very enjoyable!
Krista
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You won't believe that the blind dates in this book are real!

I found it about this book on Instagram and it really caught my interest because all of the blind dates in this book are based on true stories. Once I got to the 2nd chapter, I was invested. While I knew from pretty early on how the book would end, I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a slightly cheesy, cute, clean and funny read.
Sarah Southerland
Loved it! All the awkwardness of dating at its worst. So good. Such a good writer. Will read everything from her from now on.
Allisa White
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel just completely and utterly stole my heart. Not even kidding. It's gone. And I don't even want it back.

Blind Dates, Bridesmaids, and Other Disasters is a hilarious rom-com. I could not stop laughing. I could not stop reading sections aloud. I could not stop talking about this book. My poor husband got quite an earful. But it's so good! I just needed to share!

I guess I should move onto our main character, Rachel Stevens. She is SO relatable. Her voice immediately grabbed me. After
Beth Sampson
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, there were parts that had me laughing out loud. So much so that my daughter tried to steal the book before I was finished! Had to keep it four stars because I feel like the end was a little rushed and would have liked to live a bit more through the final courtship and wedding. Definitely would love a follow up with Val's story to make sure "Crabby" finds happiness. I
Totally recommend this book!
Valarie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I laughed out loud so many times, and cringed at the fact that some people really have dates like she described. The roommates friendship was great and I loved their interactions
Alyssa
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Kim (myshelfstyle)
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed, 2020
I am so happy I came across this book! I really liked the idea behind the story and think there are many millennial and older Gen Z women that can relate to Rachel's trials and tribulations with dating, romantic relationships, and wedding craziness.

Soon after Rachel's best friend and roommate Hannah, announces her engagement, and as maid of honor is assisting Hannah with wedding planning alongside their other friend and roommate Val. Several years before this book is based, Rachel was engaged
G
Dec 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
While I'm glad that others seemed to have enjoyed this book, it just didn't do it for me. The storyline dragged and everything was just too perfect at the end [and rather rushed].
Carla
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A delightful story about life, love & friendship & everything that gets in the way as we stumble through young adulthood.
Kristy
Super cheesy and predictable, but the stories of the blind dates had me laughing out loud. A lovely piece of fluff that I'll definitely read again.
Haley Resseguie
Dec 25, 2019
Lyndsey Huckaby
Dec 14, 2019
Melanieblakepetersen
Jan 02, 2020

• Secrets and Suitors
  • The Dating Charade
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Love You Truly
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Miss Adeline's Match
  • The Lady in the Coppergate Tower (Steampunk Proper Romance #3)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • To Con a Gentleman
  • Love Sidelined
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • The Earl's Mistletoe Match (Belles of Christmas, #3)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • The Duke's Second Chance (Lords for the Sisters of Sussex #1)
  • Falling for a Former Flame: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (ABCs of Love)
  • Glass Slippers, Ever After, and Me
Aspen Hadley loves nothing more than a great story. She has devoted herself to story-telling for the majority of her life, writing her first novel at her kitchen table in the 8th grade. Aspen writes what she wants to read: clean, sassy, romantic comedy novels that give you a break from real life and leave you feeling happy.

Outside of writing, Aspen's number one hobby is reading. Number two is