Start by marking “Let Go (Suncoast University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Go (Suncoast University, #1)

Let Go

(Suncoast University #1)

She keeps her heart locked up tight

Putting yourself out there? Getting close to others? No, thanks, I’ll pass. It’s safer to keep to yourself. I’ve learned that lesson the hard way. So when I accidentally tell the muscled hunk I’ve been secretly drooling over all semester how I really feel about him, it’s not like I meant for him to take an interest in me. I don’t want a b
Published June 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Let Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Go

Start your review of Let Go (Suncoast University, #1)
Layne Morrill
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for a review.

Luke Richard's is my new favorite book boyfriend! Omg how cute is he!?!?! Sits in the front row of classes because he knows he wont pay attention if he has how many rows of other people to watch, and is going to school to be a physical therapist... sounds like a great guy! 😉 every girl has eyes on him... one in particular is Charlotte... shes the goody two shoes who has had her heart broken one too many times and keeps to herself except with her roo
Aaly
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
review-blog

** ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review. **

Allie Winters is a new author to me. So what about a story about a TA and his student who were already over before they started? I was looking forward to reading it.

Overall I enjoyed it. I appreciated Charlotte awkwardness and secretive personality. A girl who needed a little push to show her true colors, someone who loved to talk about books and passionate about it. Fun, sweet and not that uptight girl
Britney Chavez
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as an ARC from the author and this is a first read of hers for me.

I have to say this blurb had be itching to read this book! It sounded so good. Gotta love a forbidden love story.

Charlotte I just loved her. She was so sweet and shy. Having her heart broken by her stupid ex boyfriend she was done with guys. Well all except her crush she looks at from afar everyday. She knows nothing about him but that he is very smart, always sits in the front of the class, giving her the best opportun
J.S. Andersson
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a good read. Once I got into I really enjoyed it. By chapter 3 I was hooked and laughing. Charlotte found herself in some embarrassing situations.
The chemistry between the two is off the charts.
This was an amazing first book by a new author and I can't wait to read her next book.
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

This debut novel by new to me Allie Winters was such an enjoyable read. I loved the dynamics between Luke and Charlotte. Although Charlotte admired Luke from afar, yet also was avoiding everything she thought Luke represented, I respected Luke's continued pursuance regardless of her hang-ups.

The angst from the forbidden aspect of their relationship added that extra excitement. I recommend picking up this MUST read romance. Let Go by Allie Winters will join the ranks of the BIBL
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Allie is a new to me author. This is a really good debut book. It was well written and easy to read. This first part of the book was a little slow to begin and didn't really fit the blurb. The second part was excellent and fit it perfectly. I loved Luke! Charlotte was a ok but I didn't feel about her as I did with Luke.
Overall this is a great book and I will definitely read more from this author
Cheer Reader
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte is your seemingly quiet, driven and beautiful bookworm who often stumbles over her words and believes she is embarrassing herself. I found her endearing and completely relate to her quirkiness.
Luke is so much more than he seems! Gorgeous, motivated and completely understanding and enthralled with Charlotte. Compassionate, smart, kind, not bad on the eyes either...what more could a girl ask for?
Their chemistry is off the charts from the beginning and feeling it mounting throughout the b
thehotmesslibrary
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This has to be one of the most beautiful books that I have written. Charlotte is awkward, shy, relationship shy and super smart. Having been burnt before, she isn’t looking for a relationship with anyone, but she doesn’t take on board Luke Richards, a guy who she has been secretly obsessing about in one of her Uni classes. Luke is kind, sweet, sexy and also working towards his own career goals. When these two meet, first as acquaintances, then friends you are on the sidelines watching the relati ...more
Lena Dublin
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A slow burn romance that will have your heart singing by the turn of the last page. Luke started as Charlotte’s class crush. Thanks to a Halloween party they finally meet. Unbeknownst to her he had his eye on her as well. This is when the push and pull begins.

Still going through a bad relationship, she was gun shy to start anything with Luke. Luke is a strong, smart guy who isn’t willing to let something he wants go. He fights for what he wants. He finally was making a break through and then Ch
Smut Report
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Steamy, steamy, steamy.

Character Chemistry: She’s a future English professor, and he’s a future physical therapist. So you better believe there’s chemistry mentally AND physically.

Plot: A young English major gets beyond distracted by her classmate only to discover it’s very mutual. Things progress beautifully until the romance has to be put on hold for professional reasons. The young couple has to figure out what their future holds…and if the
QueenOfBooks88
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Usually this type of genre isn't my thing, but something about it kept me reading and i am glad i did, the chemistry between Charlotte and Luke was electrifying and i enjoyed the fact that this author showed a vulnerable side to this charecter it made it more relatable and Luke being the out of reach man finally into the cute quirky girl. First by this author and so glad i got to read this story 😊
Stefanie Van Der Laan
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let go by Allie Winters is such a cute and intriguing story. It’s a true love story about insecurities, forbidden love situation, forgiveness and finally loves conquers all. I loved both characters and was really rooting for them. Can I get a boyfriend like that😂can’t wait to read Allie Winter’s new book.
Rachel Dunk
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL!!! FORBIDDEN LOVERS ROMANCE FOR THE WIN!!! I don’t know what I expected from this book, but my expectations were exceeded immensely.

Continuous Thought Loop While Reading: couple goals. couple goals. couple goals.

Wow. I’ve never fallen in love with a couple so quickly. Charlotte and Luke are the ultimate GOALS couple. Allie Winters really knew what she was doing when she wrote this book.

We meet Charlotte, an awkward introvert, who loves reading more than social interaction (sounds pain
My2CentsBookReviews
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let Go and stop going through the motions - don't alot of us do that? Remember to live a little & embrace those special moments is what we have to remember! This book a good reminder to do just that.

This is a perfect book for those off to college or just started dating (or had a hard time dating). Perfect glimpse in what to look for & what to run from lol!

Charlotte's focused on her educational goals and when she dies take a chance dates a loser that breaks her heart (yeah we all saw that coming
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

I had a hard time melding all of my thoughts for Let Go into a review, so I’m going to be breaking things down by the good, the bad, and the confusing. Here we go!

The good:

*Let Go is Allie Winters’ debut novel. Her writing was good. What happened in Let It Go felt like something that could happen in real life. The descriptions were great and she was able to blend both seriousness and humor into one story.
Heather Dutton
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was gifted an Arc. Overall it was a great read. The back and forth of the romance between Charlotte and Luke threw me off a bit but the ending was wonderful. :) Charlotte took indecisiveness to a whole new level but Luke stayed “faithful” in his love for her.

If you love college romance this book is for you.
Stacie R.
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a new series!!!

Luke and Charlotte are college students who share a class together. They are both aware of the other, but neither have actually met until one night at a party. Ever since that night Charlotte has been telling herself Luke is off limits, but Luke wants her.

When the new semester rolls around and they find out that Charlotte is the TA for one of Luke’s classes, they realize being together isn’t an option. However as the semester chugs along it gets harder for them to
April
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read

Let Go is the first book that I have read by Allie Winters, with that said I really enjoyed it. To some it may have had a lot of back and forth for a book, but for me it was like reading about myself. I was just like Charlotte more than I’d like to admit however I never found a Luke but I understood the hot and cold of Charlotte. I really didn’t expect Luke to be such an understanding guy, come on handsome, sexy, smart, and patient that’s not a combination you get often. And Alli
Nikki Swope, nixreadsromace
This book is full of wonderful characters but Luke just takes it to a whole other level. Charlotte is a shy, timid woman who has been hurt by men leaving her unwilling to open up to just about anyone. Feeling like she is missing out on the greater things in life she opens up to Luke who she has been checking out all semester. To her surprise she finds not only does she find him physically appealing but she actually likes him, trusts him. Luke helps Charlotte open up and the too slowly discover j ...more
Meagan
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feel good story

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, read it start to finish without stopping. The FMC Charlotte is relatable, keeps too ok herself, and is awkward and sometimes embarrassing in a very real way - not over the top like you find in some books. I laughed, I cringed along with her, and felt her excitement and hurt. And I just loved Luke... I like a good alpha-hole as much as the next girl, but it’s nice to read about the sweet, good guy (that likes a bit of dirty talk) every now and again
The Lusty Literarians
Let Go is a slightly different approach to the forbidden lovers trope. Charlotte is a teachers assistant and happens to have super hunky student Luke in her class. I really liked that the teacher was the female lead, because usually it is the male lead as the "authority figure". Charlotte and Luke are both likeable characters and they have some great chemistry. I think Let Go is a good blend of contemporary, emotional, forbidden/friends to lovers romance. I look forward to reading book 2 in the ...more
Terri Greene
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I especially loved the chemistry between the main characters. I really liked the anticipation of the two of them getting together, waiting for it to happen. This book had me laughing throughout with some of Charlotte’s awkward moments and swooning at Luke’s devotion to her. He’s really the ultimate book boyfriend. Wish I had a boyfriend like him. Can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Come_read_with_me_
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is so sweet!!!

Luke Richards were have you been all my life!! Swoon!!!

This book is filled with passion, support, friendship and self discovery!!

Luke and Charlotte have always noticed each other..... from afar until Halloween night when things get heated!

I loved the fact Luke knew and understood Charlotte's need and encouraged her to pursue her dreams. Even when that meant she couldn't be with him! He loved her even when he didn't realise it!

I received this ARC in exchange for an hone
ellie
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
*1.5 ⭐️

So Charlotte and Luke met in Psych class. Charlotte has been crushing on Luke before she caught his eyes during an exam. They wanted to take things slow and agreed on it on New Year’s Eve, but when the new semester starts they find out that Charlotte is the new teaching assistant for Luke in Intro to Lit class; and since they can’t pursue a romantic relationship due to ethical reasons, they decided to wait it out and see what happens.

- what I thought:

eh. It’s not bad; it was just NOT good
Rachel
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute, funny and in some parts steamy book. It gives you all the feels. I absolutely loved the start of Luke and Charlotte, the Halloween party had me in tears laughing. All the awkwardness in the beginning with the two characters turned in to magic once they put their true feeling out in the open. It was kind of an amazing roller coaster to watch everything unfold. The next book is Samantha and I can’t wait for it.
Boundless Book Reviews
Charlotte is not one to lose control. She learned from a few exes that its best to keep her guard up. Then Luke happened. The hot guy from her class who happens to be a friend of her roommate's best friend's boyfriend promising his presence around her often. When they start a small affair before she finds out she is his TA when the problems arise. Can these two forbidden lovers be together?

I loved this story; it was detailed, and the best word I can say is HOT. The characters were real and relat
cupcakes and bookshelves
With a real and funny feel, overall I enjoyed this book even though it felt a bit disjointed at times.

*Copy kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much *
Caz May
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I really enjoyed this book...love a taboo romance and even though it took a bit to get into this one certainly delivered. Luke was super swoonworthy! And the chemistry between him and Charlotte jumped off the pages. Definitely looking forward to reading more books from Allie!
- - ARC provided by author for an honest review! - -
Christina Morden
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out my full review on my blog...

Samantha || Fictionally Sam
Rating: 3.5 stars

"Charlotte, let me give you what you need. Let Go."

Be still my swooning heart. Let Go is the first book in the Suncoast University series and the debut novel of Allie Winters, that tells the love story of Charlotte, a girl who firmly believe that the safe zone is the best zone, and Luke, the guy determined to get her to take a chance on him.

Now I am a sucker for a good taboo story, and when I heard that this had the elements of a student teacher relationship, ya girl jumped

• Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)
  • Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #1)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • Leo (Preston Brothers #3)
  • Beautifully Broken
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
  • Perspective (Love in LA, #.5)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Rejected (Imperfectly Perfect, #2)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Looking to Score
  • Mercy
  • The Teaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5.5)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Treachery (Antihero Inferno, #1)
Allie lives in sunny Florida with her husband, daughter, and two cats. A librarian by day, she spends her nights writing happily ever afters. She enjoys reading, playing video games, and all things Disney.

Find out more at alliewinters.com

Suncoast University (4 books)
  • Watch Me (Suncoast University, #2)
  • No One Else (Suncoast University, #3)
  • First and Only (Suncoast University, #4)