Start by marking “The Plot to Cool the Planet” as Want to Read:

The Plot to Cool the Planet

Mounting Ecosystem Disruption

A Notorious Murder

A Rogue Diplomatic Scheme

June 2020. An outspoken climate scientist is murdered. Investigators believe she was assassinated to end her forceful advocacy for untested geoengineering techniques that might slow global warming.

Frequent extreme storms and rising sea levels are undermining the viability of coastal cities. Millions of
Published April 22nd 2019 by Newman Springs Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Plot to Cool the Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Plot to Cool the Planet

Start your review of The Plot to Cool the Planet
Jenna Bookish
Jun 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
This was sadly a DNF for me; I hate to do that with an ARC, but I was totally unable to connect with the writing style.

My thanks to the publisher for sending a review copy. I hope to try to pick it up again at some point and perhaps I'll be in a better mindset for this book then.
Erika Sarutobi
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

As an environmental health science student, I found the concept to be very interesting but after reading this, I found the execution to be a bit disappointing.

This book is dense in information about global warming, politics, law and police work even but because there's many perspective, the info tends to be repeated many times. In my opinion, it was honestly redundant. I think the whole thing could have been 300 pages instead of 500.

Another thing that really bothered me was the writing
Abercrombie Christine
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent capture of facts wrapped in an interesting story. I found it compelling as someone who has just under the surface level knowledge of environmental issues and also loves to read a good mystery. I give it 4 stars because it is still a bit clunky transitioning between the facts and fiction. I mainly love it because it is so very important. It was just hard to keep reading when it got dry.
Kelly
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A smart, original thriller with real, compelling characters and chilling, devastatingly plausible plot..... I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. !
Highly Recommended !!
Paul
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is very good. It's long, but covers a lot of ground, including science, politics, and more. With an engaging plot and interesting characters, this kept me engaged. The author is obviously talented, and I look forward to his next book. Recommended.

Thanks very much for ARC for review!!
KellyD
Jun 29, 2020
Ruth
is currently reading it
May 28, 2020

• The InBetween (Painter Mann #1)
  • The Awful Truth About The Sushing Prize
  • Hard Hit (Jon Reznick, #6)
  • Mr Finchley Discovers His England (Mr Finchley, #1)
  • Existence Augmented (Black Band Shorts, #2)
  • A Keeper
  • First of Their Kind
  • The Woman in Our House
  • Tokyo Kill (Jim Brodie #2)
  • A Time and a Place
  • The Hidden Women
  • The World at Night: Spectacular photographs of the night sky
  • The Repenting Serpent (DCI Michael Yorke, #2)
  • The House on Camp Ruby Road
  • A Perfect Lie
  • The Truth is a Theory
  • The Boardwalk Option (Beach Lawyer #3)
  • The Body Keeper (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries #3)

News & Interviews