Start by marking “The Answers are in the Forest” as Want to Read:
The Answers are in the Forest

The Answers are in the Forest

New town. New house. Unexplainable occurrences.

It didn’t take me long to figure out that there’s something strange about the house my mom and I moved in to.

Weird drawings, toys appearing out of nowhere, the sound of footsteps and kids giggling at night—it all points to one thing…our house is haunted.

Instead of packing my stuff and running as far away from the creepy hou
Published April 9th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Answers are in the Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Answers are in the Forest

Heather
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
(This review will be on my blog All the Ups and Downs soon.)

I'm a big fan of ghost stories and haunted houses, so when I heard about The Answers Are In The Forest by Katie Kaleski, I knew it was a book I had to read. Luckily, it was a good read.

I went into The Answers Are In The Forest thinking this would be more of a haunted house/ghost story, and while there are ghosts, it's not a spooky ghost story. This is more of a horror mystery than a ghost story. Local children ranging in age from 8 thro
Blaire Hammond
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Answers are in the Forest by Katie Kaleski Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

Oh my gosh. Wow. I dont usually like horror. In fact, I'm a massive scardey cat who can't watch horror. But this book sounded far to good to pass up reading. And wow am I so glad I read it. From the shocking reveals, twists and turns to the emotional story telling and addictive writing. This book absolutely had me hooked.

I ended up giving this a 4.5 out of
Brandy Mulder
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was not what I expected. It is a mystery with some slightly creepy parts. Gabby's new house is haunted, and the way that the ghosts decide to communicate is a bit disturbing. As she tries to figure out what is going on, she gets close with a local boy, whose twin brother has something to do with the house but can't remember anything. I did not see the twist at the end coming at all. There is an interesting mix of characters and plot twists that kept me interested until the end. There i ...more
Christy Hancock
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
Quick, fast paced and kinda creepy. Thought the ending and killer was out of the blue and unrealistic but other than that it was an interesting read.
Kat Bee
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really creepy story that may keep you up late at night reading to the last page and will also have you looking at a certain animal in a different way.
Grace Prince
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gave me the chills and was so hard to put down! There's some killer mystery telling entwined with a plot that will make you want to search up your favorite episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" after you're done reading because you still want MORE :) Recommending this one to all my friends :)
Vera Burris
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartfelt Horror

Who would have expected a horror novel with such a shocking reveal to in other part make me weepy? It's the mark of a very good writer to be able to combine the bizarre and horrible with the touching and make it all believable. Congrats to Ms. Kaleski in doing that.
Nisareen
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Yeah it was around this time last year. His brother, his identical twin, went missing for for a few days and when they found him, he was barely conscious, almost dead, on someone’s front lawn mumbling about rabbits. Somebody beat the living daylights out of him. But he kept saying stuff like ‘the rabbits say we need to help the children’ and all that weird crap.”

When Gabby moves to a new town with her mother, she’s bewildered by the strange occurrences she experiences in their new home. Strange
Alice Rachel
Nick
added it
Sep 15, 2019
Katie Kaleski
Mar 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah Espree
Angel Moorefield
Jul 07, 2019
Peggy Wagner
Sep 27, 2019
Katie Kaleski has started down many career paths and held many jobs—indie craft store clerk, pizza maker, photo developer, shoe salesperson and cashier, dental assistant in the army, daycare teacher, student teacher—but her favorite one by far is being a writer.

She’s originally from Chicago, so she says things like pop, gym shoes, and front room. Her favorite food group is sugar, and she loves wri