Start by marking “The Missing Branch (A Bulwark Anthology, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Missing Branch (A Bulwark Anthology, #5)

The Missing Branch (A Bulwark Anthology, #5)

Trapped in a tedious job without fulfilment, ambitions, or a boyfriend, Izzie Murray’s only passion is researching her ancestry. But the beautiful mural of her family tree switches from a distraction to an obsession once she hits a mysterious gap in the timeline. Why would an entire family just disappear?

With an intense craving to find the last pieces of the puzzle, Izzie
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Branch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Branch

Cecily Wolfe
Another brilliant story from this fantastic author! The character development, even in this short story, is compelling, and now I want to read the rest of this anthology. Many of us are interested in family history, but most of us (or at least I think most of us) don't end up having a mystical, mysterious experience while investigating it, like Izzie. This is beautifully written and easily could be a longer story (or have a sequel, hint hint!) but is handled perfectly for this length. I love any ...more
Claudia
This is a short story, but one very well done. The protagonist, Izzie, is great, and I love the role that her search for her ancestries plays in the story.

It's interesting that she knows, as soon as she arrives at Bulwark, that something is not wrong, but weird. How there are things, places and people who are compelling and other ones that feel antagonists.

I was really engaged with the characters, and most certainly want to know more of this Universe.

EG
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The missing Branch is the 5th book in the Bulwark Anthology series. It was a very quick stand-alone read that is a great addition to the rest of the series. MacLeod does an incredible job developing her characters and storyline within the context of this short novel. It was well paced. I could not put it down! I highly recommend this book!
Billie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trapped in a tedious job without fulfillment, ambitions, or a boyfriend, Izzie Murray’s only passion is researching her ancestry. But the beautiful mural of her family tree switches from a distraction to an obsession once she hits a mysterious gap in the timeline. Why would an entire family just disappear?
With an intense craving to find the last pieces of the puzzle, Izzie ditches her life in England to investigate the last known whereabouts of the family - the little town of Bulwark, Georgia. B
Claire Swain
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading a Brilliant book called ''The Missing Branch'' by the lovely Kay MacLeod .The story is about a young lady called Izzie who is in search of her family history. Izzie travels far to Bulwark to seek this information - yet everything is not as it seems.
''The Missing Branch'' is part of a the Bulwark Antholgy series, yet this book can be read as a stand alone piece.

I especially like how you get to know Izzie and how she is devoted to finding her families history yet the
Lynn Hall
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off it was just as great as the Bulwark and books 1-4 that I've read so far in the Anthology, except this book kinda left me lost at the end. Did Iz go with Bavmorda with the deal of leaving Matt unharmed and knowing the truth. Then Epilogue just goes into someone I didnt read about durning The Missing Branch read? Over all it was well written and great getting to know more characters from and related to Bavmorda. Can't wait to start The Body by Kate Kelly the 6th book in the Anthology. Re ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written Kay MacLeod; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Alexa Whitewolf
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really, REALLY enjoyed this novella! It was a fast paced read filled with mystery, paranormal and enough clues on the way to raise my hackles - in a good way! Great writing, wonderful characters - the ending had me misty-eyed 😭
Definitely recommend it!!!
Diane Elliott
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this installment of the Bulwark Anthology. It felt like YA but also adult. I need more, the ending was just too abrupt and open to questions. I really liked the authors style.

BTW no witches were burned at the stake in England, they were hung.
Carrie-Anne
Mar 19, 2019
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, paranormal
In a twist a from the typical way family is researched, English girl Izzie, who has become fanatical about her family's genealogical research, decides to go to America to trace a missing branch that is creating a bewildering hole in her family's timeline. When she gets to Bulwark, Georgia, something isn't quite right about the place. First, she has an encounter with a wolf near a pool of mysterious green goo. When she rolls into town itself, people aren't open to strangers, and she can't even fi ...more
Simi Sunny
Angelica Dimeo
Mar 28, 2019
Nancy Burgess
Mar 28, 2019
Confession time, I’m a fantasy addict! For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved the concept of magical worlds.

I was the kid with dragons doodled around the edge of her school work, the one with her head constantly buried in a book. As a teen, I shunned partying to play Magic the Gathering and DM Dungeons and Dragons games.

Through the years, I’ve always made up stories and took characters on amazi