Start by marking “Finding Euphoria (Euphoria, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Euphoria (Euphoria, #1)

Finding Euphoria

(Euphoria #1)

Hailey Langley refuses to be a victim and has moved on from her traumatic past. But her marriage problems worsen when a deadly illicit drug threatens to draw her into the life she left behind.

Mark Langley has allowed his job to interfere with his marriage, but he never suspected the secrets in Hailey's past might hold the key to solving both of his current investigations.

T
Kindle Edition
Published March 13th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Euphoria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Euphoria

Start your review of Finding Euphoria (Euphoria, #1)
InD'tale Magazine
“Finding Euphoria” is a genre-crossing story that will appeal to readers of crime, mystery or romance. C. Becker concocts an enjoyable suspenseful plot filled with secrets, betrayals, and scheming!

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Amber Daulton
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hailey Robinson certainly knows how to keep secrets. After surviving a traumatic, brutal kidnapping as a teenager, she joined the SCA (Special Crimes Agency, a very top-secret government sector) as a spy to combat terrorism. After a mission goes wrong, she resigns from the agency, attends college, and does her best to get her life back together. There she meets Mark Langley, a fellow student, and they fall in love. Fast-forward fourteen years… Hailey and Mark are married with two kids, but his b ...more
C.B. Clark
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding Euphoria, Book 1, by C. Becker, was a fast-paced read where the author intertwines two complex stories to create an action-packed thriller that kept me guessing until the last paragraph. The story features a strong, independent heroine who has spent years trying to forget a traumatizing event from her past. Her husband has secrets of his own, and this lack of openness creates a gulf between them.
When a deadly new drug hits the streets, lives are at stake, and the hero and heroine are thr
Nancy Hall
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Euphoria be C. Becker, was thrilling from beginning to end. A married couple with a deep love find that threatened when other priorities like work and a secret past take precedence. Separately, and unknown to each other, they use seemingly unrelated connections to uncover development and stop distribution of a deadly new drug. When their respective connections begin to overlap, the danger they encounter requires reordering of priorities to rescue and protect eachother. The author brings ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author which I enjoyed and will be looking for more from this author. This is a dark suspense story that kept me turning pages. There was a couple of times I was left sitting on the edge of seat just waiting to see what would happen next. The action started right from the start and kept coming to the end. You don't want to miss this book. I highly recommend book.

P E
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
C. Becker, author of Finding Euphoria, has deftly created a fast-moving crime novel centered on a strong woman steeled by extreme adversity in an unlikely past. Hailey Langley thinks she left that past behind, the one she hides from her husband and his family, until it returns to pull Hailey and us back to fight a new illicit and deadly drug. Euphoria killed the son Hailey gave up. Now she has to stop others from dying. Becker establishes a thread and gathers new ones along the way into a rich t ...more
C.J. Zahner
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast-moving story of Haley Langley caught my attention from page one and held it until the last page of the epilogue. A debut book by a new author, the novel’s story unfolds brilliantly. Becker begins by describing a kidnapping incident, and then fast forwards several years, introducing various groups of people. Through faint hints, the reader begins to sort out how each character is related to the opening scene.

Drugs are involved. People are dying. Each new scene cleverly offers clues as t
Mona Sedrak
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Euphoria is a fast-paced gripping thriller that is filled with so many twists and turns it captures the reader from the first page and holds them hostage until the final mind-blowing end.

Hailey Robinson survives a traumatic childhood. As an adult, she appears as an everyday wife and mother of two, but even her husband of ten years doesn’t know who Hailey really is, the horrors she survived as a child, or the secret life she leads.

The fast-paced, suspense-filled plot is complex and revolves aro
Madelon Smid
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Finding Euphoria, new author C. Becker writes of a contaminated designer drug about to be launched in a global market and the efforts of agents working for several agencies to track down the manufacturer and get the drug out of circulation. The beginning requires a patient reader as a lot of characters are introduced in several different time lines. However, as I continued into the story the players came together, the action picked up and the plot became clear. The author either did excellent ...more
Kathryn Scarborough
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Finding Euphoria by Collen Driscoll
5 Stars
This complex story and its two major plots intertwine around each other and form a dense tapestry of many colored threads knotted into twists and turns.
Hailey is a young woman, a mother, a wife, and a former SCA agent. Her husband Mark, a federal agent in the drug enforcement division, doesn’t know about her past. Matters come to a head when Hailey’s former partner at the agency comes to her for help. They must discover how a new drug, killing all who
Gene Turchin
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Euphoria by C. Becker has potential to be the first summer beach read of this year. It is the story of Hailey Langley, a young mother of two with a deep hidden past. Hailey's secret past rears its head and threatens to undermine stability of the new life she has built for herself.
It is a story of a new designer drug gone wrong and the insidious empire of a powerful drug lord behind it.
The twists and turns of the plot will keep your head spinning as you fall deeper and deeper into Hailey'
Stephen B King
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story by C Becker of a young woman who almost loses her life to kidnappers but fights back to re-gain her health only to learn of her parents death. I liked the characters, and the story moves with a fast pace as the protagonists unknowingly are both trying to stop a gang spreading a deadly drug. Top marks.
D.V. Stone
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend Finding Euphoria by C. Becker
As a fan of medical thrillers, Finding Euphoria reminds me in many ways of Michael Crichton. Finding Euphoria by C. Becker is a well written and exciting novel. We start in the past and immediately drawn into the horrific life of a young woman, Hailey Robinson. Though not overly graphic, I experienced the events set up the rest of the story through good storytelling. Many turns and twists lead the reader into a world of drugs and crimes and navigat
Heather W
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Euphoria is an intriguing and enthralling thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hailey's traumatic secrets from her past come back to haunt her as people are dying from a new drug. Her husband, Mark, shocked by her past, now needs her help to save lives and her marriage. The twists and turns in this book take you on a wild ride into the world of illegal drugs and crime.

This is the first book I have read by C. Becker and I am looking forward to more from this author.
I voluntar
Mary
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed

The story got me hooked really good about a fourth way in...then didnt want to put it down
Very good read.
Cathy Bonnstetter
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Finding Euphoria” takes you on a roller coaster ride with amazing, yet believable twists and turns. It’s one of those books you don’t want to put down until you turn the last page. You don’t just read this one; you see it unfolding thanks to Becker’s careful attention to detail and carefully developed, multi-dimensional characters. These people find themselves in life or death situations with some of the baddest bad guys of the drug underworld as the plot unfolds, and Becker takes you along wit ...more
Debby Grahl
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a story which combines the past with the present, C. Becker keeps you turning the pages from the start. With compelling characters, an intriguing plot, and a climactic ending, Finding Euphoria is a must read for anyone who enjoys romance and suspense.

Norma
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
( Format : Audiobook.)
"Have you ever thought you knew someone?"
As a teenager, Hayley had been held, a kidnap victim, and tortured before she was rescued, only to then find that her parents had died in a car accident whilst she was captive. Intensive surgery and several years later, she met and married Mark, had two children with him and seemed to have a reasonable marriage. But it was all built on deceipt: she had never revealed her past to him and he was also tied up in his work in the drugs
Jesse
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
First of all: "This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review."

There were some pretty good things about this book, but overall, it was doomed by amateurish writing and premises that were too far flung even for a purported thriller. Also, it hit several of my pet peeves, including faulty medical/pharmacological information, implausible timeline, and the fact that nobody ever acted like people would actually act in a given situation.

For everyone to not know
Cristie Underwood
Melissa
May 28, 2019

• Orange Is the New Black
  • The Water Dancer
  • Sinister Skies (Sisters in Peril, Book #3)
  • Goodnight Nobody
  • The Orphan's Song
  • The Calculating Stars (Lady Astronaut, #1)
  • The Guy Not Taken: Stories
  • The Friends We Keep (Mischief Bay, #2)
  • Dreams of Joy (Shanghai Girls #2)
  • Three Flames
  • Lyrical Embrace (Deerbourne Inn)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: And Other Questions About Dead Bodies
  • The Bridges of Madison County
  • Big Bad
  • Viable Hostage (Emerald City Thriller, #4)
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • Speak
  • Dopamine
A native of western Pennsylvania, C. Becker earned a B.S. degree in Medical Technology and MT (ASCP) certification. She has worked in clinical settings analyzing body fluids and testing drugs of abuse.

As an author, C. Becker has published multiple stories in various genres.

Euphoria (2 books)
  • Losing Euphoria (Euphoria, #2)

News & Interviews