Start by marking “How To Create Your Own Unit Study” as Want to Read:
How To Create Your Own Unit Study

How To Create Your Own Unit Study

Paperback
Published by Common Sense Press (Melrose, FL)

To ask other readers questions about How To Create Your Own Unit Study, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Create Your Own Unit Study

Start your review of How To Create Your Own Unit Study
Terri Lynn
I have been involved in homeschooling for many years. I was homeschooled in the late 1970's for the last two years of high school and later in 1991, began teaching classes for homeschooled students from preschool up to and including college level. I also started teaching parent seminars on how to homeschool. I also homeschooled my own family.

As you can imagine, with my background, I read a lot of homeschooling books. I had high hopes for this one since I once used another of Valerie Bendt's
Hannah Shaffer
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty quick read, useful ideas, but some of the resources dated in this edition.
Ami
Aug 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: homeschooling
In my investigation of homeschooling, I have come across several ways of teaching children. Some of these methods have me running for the hills, but the idea of Unit Studies has intrigued me. Unit Studies focus on a particular area of study and devotes all subjects to exploring that area. There aren't many books about Unit Studies, so I was anxious to explore "How to Create You Own Unit Study."

Valerie Bendt demonstrates in this book how she uses Unit Studies to homeschool her children. She gives
Brooke
Jun 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is geared to parents who are thinking of homeschooling or have already decided to do so. The second half of the book focuses on how you can create your own unit study curriculum. As a novice to creating curriculum I thought it had some very useful advice and ideas. It even gave some example ideas for units that could be used. There are not a lot of books that I have found that talk about creating your own unit study curriculum so I think this is a good place to start.
Wendy
Jul 08, 2017
Sara
Aug 28, 2018

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...