Start by marking “Soccer Chick Rules” as Want to Read:
Soccer Chick Rules

Soccer Chick Rules

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
If the levy doesn't pass, there will be no buses for away-games, no uniforms, no teams. Tess plans to follow her own rules for soccer chicks. Soccer Chick Rule Number 3--Always support your teammates! But when real life doesn't offer a slam-dunk ending, Tess realizes there may be something to learn from Soccer Chick Rule Number 7--Never, ever give up! Action-packed sports ...more
Published September 5th 2006 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Soccer Chick Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soccer Chick Rules

May 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Carolyn V
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is good for someone who enjoys soccer and intense friendships.
Ms. Yingling
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Tess prefers sports to school, so when her school district is in danger of cutting sports if the levy fails, she decides to try to sway her neighbors into voting for the schools. She realizes that it is hard for some of her neighbors financially to do this, but she doesn't understand when a family with children in a private school are so opposed to the levy. School and soccer go on while the levy is approaching, and Tess and her friends manage to have a lot of adventures and to get into a little ...more
Nov 06, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Tess Munro's life is all about soccer. When she hears that all the sports at her school will be cut unless the community votes for a tax levy, there is nothing Tess won't do to get the votes, including joining forces with a cheerleader. While fighting to save soccer, Tess still has to focus on her homework and the current soccer season. Will all of Tess' hard work pay off? Or will this be her last season of soccer?
Aug 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel kind of bad giving this book only two stars, but I have reasons. There were some crude references, and in the middle somewhere it goes too far with immature middle-school boys. As well as the personality of some of the characters. Although for some parts it was spunky and fun, I couldn't finish it.
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Soccer chicks rules by:Dawn Fitzgerald .Soccer chicks rules is realist fiction.If the levy don't pass there will be no sports.Tess Munro lives for team sports.Tess will put up with the cheer leaders wacky plan, for signs to be put up in other people yards( with permeation ). Tess plans to follow her own rules for soccer chicks.
Jun 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Tess is a sports junkie playing soccer, basketball and softball. When the school district threatens to cut sports and busing among other things if a levy doesn't pass, Tess gets involved to try to pass the levy. The book is a great read about her life trying to win her soccer games and pass the levy. Good read for all middle school students.
Lindsey T
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was a really great book. If you're a girl that loves sports specifically soccer then this is the one for you or if you don't do sports,but you just like competitions then this the one you've been looking for. It's a pretty short book only about 150 pages so it's not Harry Potter and the order of the Phoniex long
Dec 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book
This book was ok. I read it in like two days, so it's a pretty easy read. I'd say it's more for middle schoolers. Although the girl is in middle school and reading to kill a mockingbird when I read that at the end of my junior year in high school so that was kind of weird. I didn't think a middle schooler would even understand it.
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome I can read it millions of times!!! Especially because it tells you hoew 7th grade is like and that gives me ideas for next year and because it's a book of "not giving up but you have to keep on trying
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a good book that I easily read in an hour. Though it's about soccer (A sport I L-O-V-E!) I feel it could have been written better.
Whitney Thomas
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
very funny and it relates to real life
i <3 soccer, so this book is perfect.
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
I just read this book-- the librarian recommended it to me, and she was right! It was pretty good. I was just gonna read it for a book report but i loved it, so i finished it in a day! please read
Jul 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This was a good read I thought many young girls would connect with. I thought the characters of Julia and Bo were a bit too exaggerated. The main character was easy to like.
Fabian Andaverde
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I kinda like this book , the good thing I like about this book is because I really love soccer . But this book is about soccer and friends . It is really well written and the story is good .
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved the plot of this book! It was a really fun and not too predictable one. The only think that stops me from rating it five stars is that it's not very good description.
Apr 10, 2016
Feb 09, 2014
Nov 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Totally Made-up Civil War Diary of Amanda MacLeish
  • The House of Windjammer (Windjammer, #1)
  • Mr. Chickee's Funny Money (Mr. Chickee, #1)
  • Maybelle in the Soup
  • Fire in the Hills (Stones in Water, #2)
  • All of the Above
  • Jim Thorpe, Original All-American
  • Chess Rumble
  • Victory
  • The Paper Cowboy
  • The Thirteenth Skull (Alfred Kropp, #3)
  • Orphan Of The Sun
  • The Golden Dream of Carlo Chuchio
  • My Last Skirt: The Story of Jennie Hodgers, Union Soldier
  • Starcross (Larklight, #2)
  • Kickoff
  • Black Duck
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little
Dawn FitzGerald lives in Ohio with her husband and two children. She teaches high school English and—as Coach Fitz—coaches the girls’ varsity soccer team.
More about Dawn FitzGerald...