Start by marking “The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)

The Map from Here to There

(The Start of Me and You #2)

Acclaimed author Emery Lord crafts a gorgeous story of friendship and identity, daring to ask: What happens after happily ever after?

It's senior year, and Paige Hancock is finally living her best life. She has a fun summer job, great friends, and a super charming boyfriend who totally gets her. But senior year also means big decisions. Weighing "the rest of her life," Paig
Expected publication: January 7th 2020 by Bloomsbury YA

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Map from Here to There by Emery Lord
    The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)
    Release date: Jan 07, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an ARC of Emery Lord's THE MAP FROM HERE TO THERE!

"Gut-bustingly funny and exquisitely tender." - Katie Cotugno, New York T

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

Melissa Veras
    Aug 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
    I really hope this book contain A LOT OF MAX.
    Madalyn (Novel Ink)
    Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    no one is allowed to talk to me for at least a week; I’m too fragile after finishing this book
    Alexa
    Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: read-in-2019
    4.5 stars, and I am still trying to process all of my feelings about this book. Relatable, messy, real, wonderful — it just resonated with me in ways that I never expected.
    Mary H
    Aug 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
    New Emery Lord novel and new Taylor Swift music announced on the same day. We must truly be blessed if these queens are creating more masterpieces. HERE FOR ALL THINGS EMERY!
    Amy
    Oct 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
    OMG! OMG! OMG!

We are getting a sequel to The Start of Me and You!

I repeat WE ARE GETTING A SEQUEL! THIS I NOT A DRILL!

mahana (moved accounts. i’m not active stop adding me)
    representation: side f/f couple, minor lgbt characters

content warnings: anxiety and panic attacks, car accidents

✨ ARC kindly provided by Bloomsbury YA in exchange for an honest review ✨
    Michelle Yang
    Aug 23, 2017 marked it as future-tbr-pile
    Am I reading this right.

Am I.....

A sequel for THE START OF ME AND YOU? MY FAVOURITE BOOK EVER?

MORE PAIGE AND MAX??? MORE OF EVERYONE?????????????

I CANT RIGHT NOW. I NEVER THOUGHT ID WANT A SEQUEL FOR THIS BUT OMG.
    Katie (Lost in Pages)
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
    I’ve thought about this for a few hours, and I’m dropping it down to two stars. I’m super sad to do that.

This fell victim to the overplayed trope of after high school relationships. Sometimes those are done well, sometimes they’re boring. If I wasn’t already invested in these characters from the first book, I honestly wouldn’t have cared. Paige seemed very whiny and was not good at all at standing up for herself — which was supposed to be the entire lesson she learned in the first book? She’s s
    Julie
    Ooof. What a book. About friendship and growing up and handling big life changes and being a mess. I also loved, having just reread THE START OF ME AND YOU, the ways Emery's growth as a writer has really focused on writing more inclusive stories and I feel like she did that so well.
    Ryan Bada
    Sep 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
    5/25/19 - apparently there are ARCs at BookExpo and all i'm thinking about is "GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME" because this is honestly THE BOOK that i'll die for just so my heart is fully contented since the last time i read the start of me and you

--------------------------------------

1/2/19 - i recently checked this book and the release date has been pushed back to october 2019. i'm not sure if i should be mad because it's been pushed back or i should be happy because of the fact that if this b
    A. K.
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I received an ARC of this book, and I read it not realizing it was a sequel. Man, was it good!
    "Would they ever guess how strong we were from carrying each other?"
    The friendships, the families, the romance...so real and relatable, excellent representation of anxiety, many misty-eyed moments. How I have not heard of this author until now? Adding all of her books to the TBR.
    Brooke H (Semi-Hiatus due to College)
    I N E E D this book!!!
    Like,
    ASAP!!!!!!
    I LOVED The Start of Me and You; there’d better be lots of Max in this🥺

EDIT: I just noticed this isn’t coming out until January 2020😭😭😭😭
    Emily
    Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Everything Emery writes hits me right in the feels. This one made me love and appreciate my high school friends SO MUCH, and be so glad I don't have that stress of applying to colleges anymore!
    Haley • Fangirl Fury •
    Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: anticipated-2019
    I'm writing my full review for The Map from Here to There right now (which will be published on the blog closer to release date) and I've come to realize that while I did enjoy this one, I didn't love it as much as I had hoped for?? It was definitely such an addicting read and solid story from Emery Lord, but I experienced such as disconnect from Paige and I was expecting more from her relationship with Max. Please continue to give me all the hot chocolate and reading dates at Alcott's though.
    Shadowhunter's Library
    Shelves: contemporary
    July 2019: Oh, it's a 2020 release now? Oh, okay that's cool, I'll just sit here crying and waiting for this book to be released then.
    ~~~
    August 2017: Don't mind me, crying because I have to wait two years until this book comes out.
    Somya Sahni
    Mar 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Wow. I just came to know today that there would be a sequel. And I mentally *squealed*. The first part was a super cute read. So totally stoked to read this one.!
    Vernie♡
    Sep 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
    I honestly want this right now. Can I have it right now? Please?
    Mandy Stallard
    Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: bookposse
    I am a fan of Emery Lord's novels, so I was super excited to get an ARC of The Map from Here to There. I usually don't enjoy sequels more than the first book in a series, but I truly liked this one more. My favorite aspect of this book is that it wasn't full of profanity or sex. I feel like most YA novels are all about sex or the pursuit of sex; if not that, they are full of rough profanity. I get that teenagers swear and have sex. I remember what high school was like, and I taught it for eleven ...more
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Jun 25, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
    Thank you so much Macmillan and Bloomsbury for the ARC!
    Kerri
    I’m so glad this book is OVER! It’s so long, and it felt like one giant field trip through angstville. I read the first book in the series and thought it was okay, so I gave the second one a shot and really wish I hadn’t wasted my time. All the forward strides Paige makes in book one are backpedaled, and she’s a fairly unlikable person in his book. She says mean things, she does some mean things, and then she’s like, “Hey, anxiety,” like that should forgive all. It took WAAAAAY too long for her ...more
    Anna
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Disclaimer: I received an DRC through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

The Map From Here to There serves as a sequel to Emery Lord’s The Start of Me and You. While it would be better to have read the first book first, it’s not actually a complete requirement to enjoy this one.

Weeks before the start of her senior year, Paige’s relationship with Max is just beginning. But at the same time, her world that she’s made in Indiana may be coming to an end. Faced with questions about where to g
    Jenn
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: own, arc
    I received an ARC of this title from the publisher for an honest review.

After a hard junior year, Paige is ready to head into senior year with a new outlook. She has a four wonderful friends, an awesome boyfriend, and a part time job. So why is she so stressed about everything? She feels like every decision she makes causes her anxiety to ratchet up another notch. How will she make all these decisions without combusting?

The Map From Here to There is a sequel to Lord's The Start of Me and You and
    Oda Renate
    Sep 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2019-books
    Just found out about this. Sooo happy!
    Catherine Tinker
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
    DJ
    Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I think I'm going to have a love hate relationship with this book...unless Emery Lord decided to write another...I will GLADLY follow Max and Paige to college! Okay so things I LOVED: MAX, MAX and MAX. Also I loved that a YA book talked about endometriosis and mental health. I seriously cheered out loud when this happened.
    Bravo Ms. Lord!
    A great YA book can talk about real issues and still be rooted in heart and lo
    caitlin
    Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
    Review copy courtesy of Edelweiss.

Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han fans will really enjoy this sequel to Lord’s “The Start of Me and You.” There’s a lot to sympathize here, as our protagonist Paige struggles with deciding on a college and trying to balance her relationship, friendships, and work in her senior year. My only complaint is - spoiler - the book ends rather abruptly. Maybe Lord is planning a third book? Because I really want to know which college!
    Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
    THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING. I am in shambles right now trying to piece together my thoughts. It’s so friggin realistic and so gorgeously written and so thoughtfully plotted and I cannot with these adorable characters and the friendships and omg.

Review when I’ve recovered. Or possibly reread and begged for a sequel.
    Danielle (bookishintexas.net)
    Relatable, messy, and wonderful. I had forgotten how deeply I resonate with Paige as a character. I found my eyes welling with tears so many times during this book. Not because something sad was happening, but just because I felt so seen. It was perfection. Full review to come.
    Annie (AnniesBookworld)
    Aug 31, 2017 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: to-buy
    I can't wait oh yes !!! I loved the first book ❤❤ ...more
    Kate
    Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
    3.5 stars, still forming thoughts for a review.

• Jack of Hearts
    • Untitled
    • The Rest of the Story
    • Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know
    • Start Here
    • 10 Blind Dates
    • Rumor Game
    • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
    • Muse
    • Untitled
    • Field Notes on Love
    • Somewhere Only We Know
    • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
    • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
    • Call It What You Want
    • Ember Days
    • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
    • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
    I'm Emery, and I write books about flawed girls who are really trying, complicated families, friends who show up even when everything's going down in flames, and the moments that change everything.

I don't check my GR inbox, but feel free to get in touch via ways listed on my website!

The Start of Me and You (2 books)
    • The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You, #1)