Start by marking “Return to Sender” as Want to Read:
Return to Sender

Return to Sender

College professor and website designer Drew Hampton has had only one great love in his life. A loner as a teen, he found solace in art, his self-styled mullet, and the television show ALF. Then a new boy moved in next door, and he discovered love.

Mechanic Wes Harrison was thrown into adult responsibility at a young age. He’s managed to build a good life through hard work a
ebook
Published November 17th 2018 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Return to Sender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Sender

Start your review of Return to Sender
☆ Todd
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-the-author

At only around 68 pages, I genuinely enjoyed this short novella, which was equal parts heartbreaking and uplifting.

The first half of the story was where the boys met as next-door neighbors at 13, became inseparable best friends, and eventually fell head-over-heels in love at age 15.

This part of the story was 100% Young Adult, although it, thankfully, didn't read as overly-immature. These were both young men with difficult lives, not spoiled brats whinging on and on about inane, made-up non-probl
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Free at the publisher right now! 3/18/20
Kazza
This is a very sweet story with a nice concept at heart. It's also a first book by the author and I think Roberta Blablanski is a promising writing voice. She manages to tug on the heartstrings along the way with these MCs. However, all that aside, the novella needed some closer editing, especially for tense. I also found the young voices of Wes and Drew to be good but the older ones hadn't quite matured with them over the years. Just a few little things here and there stopped it from being all ...more
Amy Dufera
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Return To Sender, by Roberta Blablanski started pulling at my heartstrings immediately.

It's a beautiful second chance romance, as two middle aged men reunite after thirty years apart. The tone is immediately set as something soothing and heartfelt.

As a short story, it's remarkably thorough, managing to tell a great story quickly, without all the gaps that sometimes happen in short stories.

I definitely recommend Return to Sender!
Riina Y.T.
Short and sweet is the perfect way to describe this novella!

Stories about second chances [at love] are my ideal jam, and Miss Blablanski delivered it so well! ♥

Drew and Wes's love story began three decades ago, when they were young and very much in love. The two boys met the summer of '86 and discovered their feelings for each other at the tender age of seventeen. The plans they'd made for the future shattered like white china when Wes unexpectedly had to leave town.

I loved the scenes we get
Kat Cassidy
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“We fumbled through what we thought were good kisses, never brave enough to introduce our tongues to the mix.” <3

Oh, sorry, don't mind that sound, it's just my icy black heart cracking from this beautifully warm and heart-rending story. Roberta Blablanski has crafted two unique and lovely MCs in Drew and Wes, and this darling second-chance romance is everything I wanted. I cannot wait to read more from this author!
Chase Connor
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did this as a read-along with a friend and I am so glad that I did. I love M/M romances that follow the life of the characters for decades, don't provide easy resolutions, and pull you into the lives and relationships of the characters. It was too easy to fall in love with Wes and Drew and pray that I would not be let down in the end. Roberta Blablanski had me captivated from the very first chapter to the last words on the page. I absolutely adored this and would recommend it to everyone!
D. G. Alan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful story of an unbreakable love.

This is such an adorable story. I fell in love with Drew and Wes. This book kept me hooked and interested.

Wes has a difficult start in life and instead of turning into a bitter person, he finds ways to navigate through life and take care of himself.

The first person that he ever connects with, he’s ripped apart from. Yet he pushes forward and takes care of himself and makes a life for himself.

Even though he was young and barely knew what love was, he k
Kim
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
New to me author. This is a contemporary mm story. Covering a large period of time, this book show true love will find its way, even over years. I’ll read this author again.
Isaiah
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To see the full review check it out here.

I am almost emotionally satisfied, but it would take me another 100 pages before I would admit that. I need more please.
Desdemona
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am literally still happy sobbing as I type this. I am so glad I read this book!

This story is so beautiful and kind from the very beginning. I'm not a fan of M/M stories, which I know is really unfair because I'm an LGBTQIA+ author, but I find that most M/M stories are not written by people in the community and aren't a good representation of gay culture as a whole, but that was DEFINITELY not the case with Return to Sender.

From the very beginning, this story had me hooked. The romance and fam
Jessica Calla
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read RETURN TO SENDER, a romance novella by Roberta Blablanski, in one sitting. The adorably sweet story of Wes and Drew spans decades, from the 1980’s when they were young teenagers (hello mullets and ALF), to present day, as middle-aged men. I ran the gamut of feelings during this romance, from “aww they’re so sweet,” to “oh no,” to “OMG,” to “aww” again at the end. I loved that both of these boys started off with little besides their friendship. They relied on each other for emotional suppo ...more
Chase Hackett
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet little story of lost love found again.
Estella Mirai
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, sad-along-the-way but ultimately heartwarming second chance romance! I thoroughly enjoyed this debut and can't wait for whatever the author has coming next!

This story is basically told in two sections (with little glimpses into what came in between)--one dealing with Wes and Drew meeting and falling for each other as young teens, and one revolving around their eventual reunion and HEA. I have to say, without going into too much detail, I LOVE the way the entire cast of characters worked
Eliott Griffen
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and beautiful story about second chance in love.
It is HEA, but when I think of all those lost years I want to cry and punch something.
Flashbacks to the 80's made me laugh. I've been there and I loved ALF! And mullets... God, don't remind me :)
All in all, great story!
I can't wait for the next thing from Roberta.
Tjpayne
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
To be completely honest, I usually shy away from reading novella length books. They usually leave me wanting...more story, more connection. Just more everything, really. HOWEVER, somehow there is more story packed in this book than I have found in many full length novels. I am actually really impressed -- not only by how the author was able to do this, but also by how well it was done.

Unlike a lot of books where it can take me quite a while to get into the story, it only took a few pages to be c
Amelia Wilson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Return to Sender is the sweetest novel I’ve read in a long time (mainly because I tend to read things on the grittier side but 2019 is my year of branching out). It’s a novella that takes all the best tropes and uses them in the most pleasing ways. It’s cute and feel good and best of all the angst doesn’t come from the harsh melodrama one might expect of the genre. Which made me both super happy and gave me feelings.

Also despite being a novella, Return to Sender has an impressive scope that isn
Louise Czarnobai
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this!! Drew and Wes were adorable, and I absolutely adored the flashbacks. Since I basically only read adult M/M, it was refreshing to read about teenagers again. I hated Wes' mom SO MUCH. Actually I hated Drew's mom as well. The only thing I missed in this novella was smut. I'm so used to reading M/M books so heavy on sex that reading one with none I guess it's kinda... weird. But still good anyway!!! Sex is not really all that necessary.

I found that this was extremely well w
Brooke Edwards
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut from Blablanski! An engaging story with real, fleshed out characters that leap right off the page and sling their arm around your shoulders while you read. Solid pacing and a pleasing style - I can't wait to see what comes next.
Zakarrie
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful story. Wes and Drew are adorable, their love captured with tender intensity. They are well-realised characters who feel as real as their love for one another I delighted in every word of this story and was rooting for them all the way. Gorgeous.
Coral Mitchell
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drew and Wes met before high school and realize they are more than best friends. Wes' mother drags him away, again, and his letters to Drew are returned. A sweet, quick story. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Molly Ringle
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Utterly sweet story, poignant but ultimately happy; compact in length but packed with heart! I found it easy to love these two from the beginning. Well done, Roberta!
R.J. Sorrento
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet story about the possibility of second chances. I’m all about Wes and Drew! I cheered them on the entire book.
Christopher
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply amazing

This story is a must! It has everything you could want! I have never read something so moving, touching, and simply beautiful.
W.S. Long
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching story

This is a touching story of two boys, who liked each other, and in a story that takes place with flashbacks, details how their love was fresh and innocent in the beginning and how life found them together again, despite letters being ‘returned to sender.’
Storybrook System
4.5 Stars and a strong recommendation both to pick this title up and to keep an eye on Blablanski in the future.

For the curious, a full review/talk post is up on my blog.
Alice Rachel
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Allie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and heartfelt novella. The MCs are wonderful and I was rooting so hard for their second chance at a happy ending. Would absolutely read more from this author.
Lyndle
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtiqq
This is a nice book with a cute plot, but it could have been so much more. The characters and the premise were good but I felt like the story was rushed. I wanted more depth at every point. Especially in the second half, every chapter could have been expanded to create a deeper relationship between the reader and the story, and to let the reader into the scene before moving it forward. The pacing was reminiscent of a magazine romance rather than a book. I would love to read a reworked version of ...more
C.
Mar 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF 67%.
This was another bust for me. The writing just really wasn't that good.

• Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • His Boy
  • Blasphemy!
  • Project Hero
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series, #2)
  • What We Want (Human Nature #1)
  • Spring Strings
  • Straight Boy (Straight Guys, #0.5)
  • Healthy, Wealthy and Boyfriend Wise (Cute Gay Romance #1)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Hooked by the Bell
  • Second Chance
  • A Taste of Honey (The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps, #2)
  • Beautiful One
  • A Surplus of Light
  • The Perils of Intimacy
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
Roberta Blablanski hails from The Big Easy: New Orleans, Louisiana. She draws inspiration from her colorful hometown and her former life as a college radio DJ. When she isn’t writing, she spends her days searching for the world’s best Bloody Mary and avoiding people she went to high school with. Her normal habitat is curled up in bed with a good book and a cup of coffee.

Roberta developed a love of

News & Interviews