Start by marking “Devils with Halos (Malignant #1)” as Want to Read:
Devils with Halos (Malignant #1)

Devils with Halos

(Malignant #1)

Ma-lig-nant
Adjective.
1. Malevolent
2. Very virulent or infectious.

Charm is deceptive.
We were taken in the middle of the night.

Beauty is deceitful.
They called it an institution for the diseased.

Freedom is an illusion.
Our choices were no longer our own.
Our bodies became their exclusive property.
Our lives no longer mattered.

Survival is subjective.
We’d all done
Published November 4th 2018 by BB Books

To ask other readers questions about Devils with Halos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devils with Halos

The Life of Anna by Marissa HoneycuttThe Dominator by D.D. PrinceSick Fux by Tillie ColeComfort Food by Kitty ThomasTears of Tess by Pepper Winters
DARK READS
205 books — 152 voters
Savages by Natalie BennettBeauty & Rage by Natalie BennettLove Obscene by Natalie BennettQueen of Diamonds by Natalie BennettCrucible by Natalie Bennett
BISM2020 TBR
57 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Devils with Halos (Malignant #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

'DEVILS WITH HALOS' is the first book in Natalie Bennett's 'Malignant' series. It is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.

The beginning of this gripped me by the throat, my heart rate sped up, my anxiety levels spiked,and I honestly even had to set it aside and restart it back in the morning due to it not being the best subject matter before bed. I could imagine the fear going through these four friends as their vacation takes a turn for the worst. I wanted, needed, screamed for the author
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
ea45d-44240897_341304426625132_3796901319030079488_n

As usual, this particular author managed to deliver me a story that I really did enjoy: it wasn't perfect but there was still more pros for me here than cons.
I am going to be vague here as I'm not really sure how to adequately describe Devils With Halos the first standalone story in the loosely related Malignant series.
But what I can say is this was very much Natalie Bennetts usual style: a story chocked full of misdirects and unapologetic savagery where as usual she wallows in her debauched sty
Brit
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. And not just because Natalie wrote it, but because its different and unique. I was in the worst book funk. And usually i would read something out of my comfort zone to get me reading again. But nothing worked until I read this. Natalie is my go to for any dark read. Anything i read by her makes me feel 100% like myself and dont have to hise my dark soul. Im sitting here wondering how long do i have to wait for more from her. Because im slightly addicted. I love every book and ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ Jess

Another wild tale from Bennett and I might be starting to question her sanity.

This is not light, anywhere, it is not a romance. It is a dark and twisted tale that is not all the way done being told yet. There is a kidnapping that I still think we are missing pieces of. There is a crazy, pseudo-religious group that is about to go through "changes." There is sex and debauchery and all kinds of messed up lessons.

I felt a little lost when I got to the end. There are a lot of pieces at play, s
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Devils with Halos is a dark and twisted I read in one sitting I just couldn’t put it down from the very first page you think you know what is going on then BAM you just didn’t see that coming. I love this authors books she isn’t afraid to push limits which is what I love about her books I’m not going to go into details of this story I don’t want to ruin it for you.
I liked the characters and I can’t wait for the next books in this series. This book will have you on the edge of your seat until t
2OCC Reviews
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I’m really not sure how to review this book. On one hand I was hooked and saddened when I realized that it was a shorter read, but on the other hand it was as dark and twisted as I hoped it would be. Ryker and Faith were great twisted characters and the plot was intriguing. I really feel like I’m left wondering a lot of things. I know there will be more books in this series but from a note in the back it will be from different characters POVs. I’m not sure how I feel about that yet but I’m sure ...more
Bunnycore
My full review

Between the Sheets

Beauty is deceitful
Freedom is an illusion.
Survival is subjective.

There is no secret on how much I love Natalie Bennett. None what so ever. So for the past couple of days, I had to stop reading two books because neither of them could keep my interest it was actually making me mad. Raven finally said why don't you read some of Natalie, You know she never fails you.

Well, my friends, he was right.

Bennett knows how to destroy me in the best possible ways. She w
Renee
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

We were taken in the middle of the night. They called it an institution for the diseased. Our choices were no longer our own. Our bodies became their exclusive property. Our lived no longer mattered. We'd all done terrible things. We all had demons. We all had secrets. And the truth would destroy everything.

This is a dark book that is full of twists and turns and will keep you on the edge of your se
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 4.5

First book of the Malignant series, Devils With Halos by Natalie Bennett is as dark and disturbing as is promised in the blurb. Which I'm quickly finding out is my new favorite to read. Although this is my first of this author's work so I'm not entirely sure if the storyline is tied to any other books already out. A few times I felt like I was missing something but I do know I'm completely hooked by not only this story but the writing in general and will gladly be looking into ever
Kendra
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bennett has slain once again!

Devils with Halos is a dark and twisted story. It was extremely hard to put down! I only fell victim to it twice: one my eyes were closing on their own and the second was when it was finished. Also, I made my family wait for dinner because I was so immersed in this new world!

The characters are super intriguing, and I couldn't help but wonder where all of this was going! I loved how it gave off Savages vibes too. It appeals to my dark soul!

This is one series I cannot
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
**2.5 Stars**

Warning: This is an extremely dark and thrilling read with trigger type material. Enter at your own risk. Due to the many twists and turns, I've decided not to go into a full depth review right now. I'll come back after release week and give a complete rundown on what I loved and the few issues I had. For now, here's a sneak peek of what I thought of Devils With Halos.

Ryker and Faith's story isn't for the lighthearted, in fact this story is downright twisted and lethal. There were s
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
3.5
Enjoyed this one, though the background story was underdeveloped it hooked me in from the start. I hope the next one doesn't take too long to come out.
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Shelves: dark
"Within his eyes was a coldness he no longer bothered to veil, a seductively sinister promise of what lay ahead."

This is one of those books that you dive in without much of an idea of what's ahead, and what you experience is so much more than you bargained for!! I can't even really describe the type of story exactly, except it was shrouded in mystery, closely held secrets, brutal, gritty happenings, and a cast of dangerous, powerful, sexy men that pulled me in by the end of the first chapter. I
Kim Whitehead
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew the minute I started reading Devils with Halos, it was going to be epic!! And sure enough Natalie Bennett did not disappoint! She has a way of drawing you in a feeding that morbid side ! Freaking awesome!!
Leanne
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but definitely not sweet!
Full of drama, tension, twists and turns.
It had me guessing right from the beginning and i was shocked when the truth was revealed.
Can't wait to see more of this depraved bunch!

Full review to follow.
Up All Night With Books
5 Stars
Review by Morgen
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Devil’s With Halos by International Bestselling Author Natalie Bennett is the first book in the Malignant series. This book throws you into a world of desires and lies.

Faith is riddled with personal demons and addictions. Struggling with her sobriety, she fights to recover memories that are most likely gone for good. She’s kind, seems introverted and a bit self-absorbed.

Ryker is confident and charismatic. He knows what he des
Badh
Lately, when I finish a Natalie Bennett book, all I want to say is fuuuuuuuuu... Yeah. This one is no different. I love the really dark cult thing that Natalie Bennett has been doing lately. It lets her really get into all kinds of conflict and lets her create her own society and all. It also leads to characters who are downright evil and who live by their own code and use words differently than the rest of the world does. And, curse me to Hades if she doesn't make it work so, so, so well.

Faith
Kinky Minx
Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.

OK, so this is not the first time I came to read from Natalie Bennett. She is by far the darkest author I've read. Whenever I start reading her book, my heart will start flipping over. Devil's with Halo is not too different from her other books.

4.2 stars for this book, as Natalie Bennett style, the story is very dark indeed and full of the degrading scene of women. Natalie truly never disappoint me. I love how dark she can writ
Tyi
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Usually when I read works by this author, I never know what I will be getting. The characters are never one dimensional. They don't have follow a conventional playbook. The game master already knows the end game and pawns are never known until close to the end. I really liked Devils with Halos. I tried to make the connections between characters. Who was important? Who might be easily disposed of?

Faith and Ryker have a complicated history that is drenched in sin. Faith is tried to suppress her d
Little monster
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow oh wow where do I start?

Natalie has done it again with a brilliant book that I devoured in a few hours. It's a quick read but is jammed packed full of everything you expect from Natalie.

Faith has had her troubles in the past and been to rehab to get clean, so when her and her friends decide to go away together to a resort she feels like her life is finally back on track. So when in the middle of the night they are all kidnapped while stopping for gas they have no idea what's in store.

Ryk
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The brilliantly twisted Natalie Bennett has penned another dark story that fed my inner dark & twisty self with the new series Malignant. Devils With Halos is story that serves up the extremely original dark undertones that Ms. Bennett is so famous for, which definitely has me dropping all kinds of new versions of f-bombs. I don't know how to describe it without giving away the plot so bear with me here. I will say that the heroine is named Faith, while the hero, and I use that term loosely or m ...more
Michele Evans
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark and riveting

This story had its hooks in from the beginning when a former addict decides to take a much needed vacation with her best friends at a resort and instead they find themselves being ran off the road and kidnapped by men in masks with guns.

It continues to keep my attention throughout, and I do not want to give away any plot details or spoilers, but there seemed to be a bit missing. The ‘victim’ goes from one rollercoaster of emotions to the next without much building in between to
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The scars on my heart and soul told a story I wasn’t strong enough to speak aloud."

Devils With Halos is a twisted read that leaves you blind to what is going on. You find things out as soon as Faith does, there is no guessing. You'd be wrong. I was completely swept up in this dark and depraved story. I was lost as much as Faith was. When the secrets came about, I was blown away by the evil that lurked where I least expected it. Ryker was an evil I could see, feel, and knew. I instantly loved hi
Lita Thomas
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Devils with Halos (Malignant book 1) by
Natalie Bennett is a bizarre tale of Faith a young lady who has finally got herself together after abusing drugs and alcohol. She and her friends are going on a girls trip to bond and repair their friendship. On the way to the resort they stop at a deserted gas station. Faith swears when they are driving away she sees a man's face looking out of the window of an abandoned van near the gas station. Back on the road they get run off the road and ambushed. Wak
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Well holy shit batman. We are hitting the ground running right out of the gate. Psychological twists and turns, secrets and an unhinged hot male who thinks he is the mother effing judge and jury. Ryker Silas is the Supreme; superior among his subjects that follow a doctrine created to absolve them of their sins and allow them to embrace their demons and learn to play nice with those demons. Faith will need to decide whether her belief and trust can be placed with Ryker and his religion.

Bennett a
Julie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another dark and twisted story from Natalie Bennett with Devils with Halos. It was a
gripping, fast paced read, short but well written and easily finished in one sitting.
This author is not afraid to push the limits in her books so anything is possible in her amazing story telling, and I wasn’t disappointed with Devils with Halos. No spoilers here, I’ll just mention there’s several young women and add some handsome men to the mix and Ms. Bennett has a story.
The characters were very different, whi
Ani
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The forward for Devils with Halos warns you it will be a slow burn. What it doesn’t tell you is that it will have you riveted from the beginning. Natalie Bennett has drawn this out like a dark torture. You know it’s going to get painfully angst ridden but you can’t help yourself. You just, need more.

I got to the end of Part One and I didn’t even pause, I rushed straight through to Part Two! Adulting tried to get in my way but I was prepared. Tea in hand I was glued to my kindle. Compared to some
Michelle Schwartz
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Natalie Bennett continues to pump out dark thriller after dark thriller, without missing a beat. Devils with Halos gives us deep, dark and devious. Being abducted is terrifying in itself, but what if it just so happens to be by someone you know? What have you done to deserve something so heinous and devious? Who in the world could want to do this to a person? Was Faith chosen by Ryker? Was it planned? Oh, but it’s something much more sinister than that. Definitely something that I did not see co ...more
Ashlee
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't know really what I can say about this book, it's dark it's gruesome, and it's fabulous! This us a new stand alone but interconnected series that I'm excited to be a part of. Ryker I can't figure out if I love or hate him, and Faith I'm curious to see where she goes in this series. Camilla she seems like she's going to be awesome and I can't wait to see her and Bishop in action..
Few cons though I'm very confused on the basis of the plot and hope to have more light she'd on the m
Brittany Alexander
After reading this short book, I'm left with so many questions about Ryker and Faith, and given that the next book in this series is about Camilla and Bishop, I don't know if they'll ever be answered.

It was a dark book, but I feel that it wasn't written that well. I enjoyed Natalie Bennett's book Degradation, and I somewhat enjoyed this one, but it kind of fell flat for me.

It was kind of easy to figure out who sold out Faith and her friends, so there wasn't really any mystery there. And I so w

• Stalk Her
  • Stolen (The Taken Duet, #1)
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Sin & Discipline
  • Bad Babygirl: The Expert (Bad Babygirls #3)
  • In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods and Monsters #1)
  • The Dirty Ones
  • Slaughter
  • Manik
  • The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Micaden's Madness
  • The Devil (Devil's Playground, #1)
  • Heartless Prince (Dark Dynasty #1)
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • Heath
  • Depraved   (The Devil's Due, #1)
Natalie Bennett is an International Bestselling Author and lover of all things dark & twisted.

Crafting romance with strong elements of horror, in her books the villains, anti-heroes, and underdogs always come out on top, ‘finding’ their perfect match along the way.

When she isn’t working, she’s enjoying time with her family or relaxing with an iced mix of rum.

Join my reader's group:

Malignant (2 books)
  • Angels with Horns (Malignant #2)