Start by marking “Everyone Can Learn Math” as Want to Read:
Everyone Can Learn Math

Everyone Can Learn Math

How do you approach a math problem that challenges you? Do you keep trying until you reach a solution? Or are you like Amy, who gets frustrated easily and gives up?

Amy is usually a happy and enthusiastic student in grade five who loves to dance, but she is struggling with a tough math assignment. She doesn't think she is good at math because her classmates always get the a
Published October 16th 2018 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Can Learn Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyone Can Learn Math

Start your review of Everyone Can Learn Math
Jenn Sadai
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is more than just an encouraging math book for kids. It showcases the power of perseverance and teaches the reader that we are all more capable than we believe. Excellent story for kids of all ages.
Julie Homenuik
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Power of Perseverance in “Everyone Can Learn Math”

After reading “Everyone Can Learn Math” to my four-year-old daughter for the first time, I asked her what she thought. She replied, “I love it. Can we read it again?” I can think of no better endorsement for Alice Aspinall’s book. Nonetheless, here is mine:

This book, inspired by Jo Boaler’s work on creating a growth mindset, sends an imperative message to young children: math is a language everyone can learn. Young Amy, the math-frustrated pr
Natalia Paruzel-Gibson
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an impactful book which illustrates the concept that your brain is like a muscle, which can be worked, pushed and strengthened to maximize your learning potential. Since the story clearly emphasizes the power of perseverance, Everyone Can Learn will appeal not only to families with children who are struggling with math, but to all children who may need encouragement about taking on a 360 approach to learning.
Lisa Renaud
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the honour and pleasure of reading ''Everyone Can Learn Math'' to four classes during our school's Math/Move/Read-a-thon. The students had already had a long day by the time I was rotating through the grade 3s and 4s, but they were engaged in the story, and really seemed to enjoy the experience. I think https://www.youtube.com/mrsalovesmath will also be seeing a spike in followers this week... Thank you, Mrs. A.!! :) ...more
Vanessa Vakharia
Love love love this book! In today's educational climate where too many kids believe that if they struggle that they're therefore incapable, Alice's book reminds kids and parents that nothing is more instrumental to learning math than cultivating a growth mindset. An amazingly accessible story which uses Carol Dweck's philosophies and translates them into everyday language, certain to make the most math-phobic kid warm up to the idea of learning to love math!
Lynn McLaughlin
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynn McLaughlin Your child(ren) won't say, "I can't!" after reading this book. The focus is about overcoming a defeatist mindset in math, but the lessons apply to life. Alexandria's illustrations are wonderful and portray Amy's (main character) emotions beautifully. Each experience that takes Amy from a place where she thinks she "can't" to "I can when I keep working at it". I'll read this to my great nieces/nephews and put it aside until I'm a grandma! LOVE IT!
Kyrstin
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful growth mindset based book that encourages children to think differently when solving mathematical problems. Read this story to my grade 3 students who loved it, felt inspired and related to the characters in the story.
Leslie Basky
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book for growth mindset and math. Would be great to use with elementary students
Alice Aspinall
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Vanessa Vakharia
Amineh Stevenson
is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2020

• The Case for Christ
  • This Present Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Tinder
  • Skellig (Skellig, #1)
  • Salem Falls
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • I'm Trying to Love Math
  • Trustworthy - Bible Study Book: Overcoming Our Greatest Struggles to Trust God
  • Fervent: A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer
  • Praying God's Word: Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds
  • A Framework for Understanding Poverty
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Study Guide with DVD: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • Beverly Hills Dead (Rick Barron, #2)
  • To Hell with the Hustle
  • A Stranger in the House
  • Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Alice Aspinall, B.Math(Hon), B.Ed, is a Portuguese-Canadian secondary mathematics educator in Ontario, Canada. She loves spending time with her husband and two children reading books, playing math games, and exploring the outdoors.
Alice is a strong advocate of the growth mindset. She is continually looking for ways to build young people’s confidence in math and to make math fun, challenging, and s

News & Interviews