Start by marking “Of A Darker Void (Asterion Noir, #2)” as Want to Read:
Of A Darker Void (Asterion Noir, #2)

Of A Darker Void

(Asterion Noir #2)

When man and machine are one and the same, death is no longer an inevitability. But in the darkest reaches of space, neither is life.

Diplomat.
Rebel.
Fugitive.
Nika Tescarav has lived many lives, though she no longer remembers most of them. Chased by agents of a regime that will do anything to protect the secrets of the Rasu Protocol, Nika flees to the stars with her once
Published December 3rd 2018 by Hypernova Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Of A Darker Void, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of A Darker Void

Start your review of Of A Darker Void (Asterion Noir, #2)
G.S. Jennsen

New Teaser Excerpt:

Teaser Excerpt #1:

Y.I. Washington
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars aren't enough. Part two of the Asterion Noir Trilogy grabs you and doesn't let go.

Nika and Dashiel are off to find the secrets behind the Rasu Protocol and discover more than they bargained for.

With new enemies and allies, not to mention Nika' s missing past, Jennsen does a fantastic job of creating yet more layers to the already impressive Amaranthe universe. Her creative imagination opens up the Gennisi galaxy to the reader in more detail.

With brilliant characters (Nika and Ava a
EJ Fisch
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Picking up virtually right where Exin Ex Machina left off, Of a Darker Void gets the ball rolling by immediately plunging our heroes into all sorts of new trouble, and it doesn’t let up until the final page (and even then…).

EEM introduced us to Nika and Dashiel, two characters separated by a tragedy and reunited in their quest to solve a series of mysteries…mysteries that in turn exposed a much larger and more sinister secret than either of them expected. A secret that originally contributed to
Ron Clayton
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

I suppose I should say more. Wow. Wow. Wow.

G.S. Jennsen latest book takes the mind-blowing world of Asterion - a galactic civilization - and cranks it up a notch. Asterion: where human and machine has been merged, and people can live hundreds of thousands of years. Then an even more advanced species - the Rasu - is discovered, and the government makes a decision to keep the discovery - and the aliens' demands - secret. Until everything starts to come apart and there is no keeping the secret.
James
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series. Sci fi with great characters and story. Narrator for the audio book is wonderful also, a real storyteller.
Elyse
WOW!

There are several key things that I expect from contemporary science fiction. These include:
1) complex characters who are bright, savvy, and open to change/growth, including female main characters who are beyond outdated stereotypes;
2) reasonable science and technology, allowing that this is still fiction;
3) rich worlds and worldviews; and
4) a multi-faceted narrative that engages me, while also reflecting on what it is to be humans in community.

G.S. Jennsen exceeded my expectations with her
T.A.
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After starting G. S. Jennsen's new cyberpunk series with the release of Exin Ex Machina this past summer, I was immediately hooked, so it's no surprise that this book became one of my most anticipated reads of 2018. As much as I loved Jennsen's previous Aurora Rhapsody books, there's just something about the characters in the Asterion Noir series that grabbed me from the very beginning, and coming back to their story and their world in this book was everything I could have hoped it would be. It' ...more
Scathach
Shelves: sci-fi
Ralph
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She's done it again! "Of a Darker Void" is the 2nd of the "Asterion Noir" trilogy and it has everything her previous novels had, and maybe even more. Jennsen started in 2014 by hitting it out of the park with her very first book, "Starshine", and her home-run streak continues ten novels later! I have read every one of them and I am amazed how someone can keep writing at such a consistently high level. (Think Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke)

Jennsen's characters (and there are many) are well-developed an
Julie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
G. S. Jennsen’s books just keep getting better. The depth of detail makes the world and its people completely real, I definitely feel like I’m in another world when reading.

Once again it’s a roller coaster ride of adventure and mayhem and I thoroughly enjoyed every stomach churning dive and every heart stopping climb. And there are moments when I teared up. The balance between action and softer moments is really well done and it’s all part of what makes this an easy story to read.

What I particul
Peter Kordas
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It really is a good read. Though, so immersive, it's over way too soon.. wanting more. Plot moves along at a good pace. Questions raised in Exin Et Machina are satisfactorily answered... to the degree the plot development allows. The likeable characters are likeable. Those with duplicity on their minds are unmasked, those without spines are given a rude awakening... the character of the BIG enemy (not so much Galactic Scale as... Hypergalactic?) adequately clarified without giving too much away. ...more
Chris Ehlers
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting space opera.

Where the first book gave us the technology/biology details, the second book builds on the personal relationships that in some cases stretch back millennia. There is lot more action and character development. The plot solidifies and the end begins to become more apparent. I can't wait to finish the third book. I hope it looks into the future to show how humankind deals with their technological selves now that their emotions have taken greater control of their actions.
Katie Cross
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another one smashed out of the park.

I loved OaDV because I felt like I got to know so many more characters in a deeper way. Not only is the tension deepened and the stakes raised (this IS a GSJ novel, after all), but my emotional attachment to #allthepeople was also strengthened. I hope this expands to another nine book series like her last one, because I want to hang out with these characters that long.

Also. The villain. Appropriately galactic in size. You'll get me later.

Gary Davis
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Well...I do like the fact that the good guys always seem to be fine in the end. But she created such an overwhelming/invincible culture that now the goal is to defeat them I'm very curious to see how it happens. I'll take a guess...since the aliens want something that our characters have,it seems reasonable to assume that when they figure out what it is they'll be able to use it to defeat them and bring peace to the galaxy.

Eva
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very, very good. (view spoiler)

Can't wait for book 3!!! But I understand the writer need some time, because to create such a good story, she needs time, so I'm gonna wait... not too patiently... ;-)
Helen
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic instalment to the Asterion Noir universe. Perfectly paced, great character development, and utterly gripping. Can’t wait for more!
Vonceil R.
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I've been thoroughly entertained by the first 2 books. Can't wait for the finale ! I want more stories from Ms. Jennsen.
Maria Kane
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping from beginning to end

The much anticipated second novel in the Asterion Noir series begins with a mystery then builds at pace to an impossible-to-put-down climax.

The author’s command of plot, pacing and characterisation is enviable. Every story thread (and there are several) follows a believable line and the actions of our characters are always exactly what you would have believed of them. This is especially true when they utterly surprise you.

I can’t recommend these books highly enoug
Tom
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am hooked on G. S. Jennsen! Can’t wait for book 3.
Tonya OK
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the part where everything from the first book starts to come together and is fleshed out more as a coherent story. This novel definitely delivers a wild ride with the suspense and mystery I have come to expect from G. J.

That said, I just have to address something that, in my view, is a major flaw that bothered be like an itchy sweater the entire time I was reading. Character development. As in, there isn’t any. Not a bit. People are just props or delivery methods for the drama and not ac
Lisa J. Smith
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for next book

Just finished reading this novel. I love the series so far and look forward to the next installment. I am a terrible reviewer, but if you like science fiction mixed with a bit of cyber-punk suspense and entertaining the possibilities of the fusion of humans and tech, you should read it. Great mind candy.
Aaron Anderson
Awesome book.
Peter Wiggins
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astonishingly good

I thought book 1 was good, this took my breath away; I just couldn't stop reading. I so want to know what happens next!!!
Kristian
Aug 07, 2019
Paul Froehle
Apr 30, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Continuum (Riven Worlds #1; Amaranthe #14)
  • Mountain of Mars (Starship's Mage, #8)
  • The Last Stand (Blood on the Stars #14)
  • UnArcana Stars (Starship's Mage, #6)
  • Sword of Mars (Starship's Mage, #7)
  • Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4)
  • Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3)
  • The Others (Blood on the Stars, #13)
  • Empire's Ashes (Blood on the Stars #15)
  • Attack Plan Alpha (Blood on the Stars #16)
  • The Grand Alliance (Blood on the Stars, #11)
  • Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2)
  • Mist and Magic (Death Before Dragons #0.5)
  • Ruins of Empire (Blood on the Stars, #3)
  • Call to Arms (Blood on the Stars, #2)
  • Home Front (Star Kingdom, #7)
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • Marine (Terran Scout Fleet #1)
G. S. Jennsen is a science and speculative fiction author, as well as a futurist, geek, gamer, programmer and editor. She lives in Colorado with her husband and two dogs. She has written ten novels, all published by her imprint, Hypernova Publishing, and has become an internationally bestselling author since her first novel, Starshine, was published in March 2014. She has chosen to continue writin ...more

Asterion Noir (3 books)
  • Exin Ex Machina (Asterion Noir #1; Amaranthe #11)
  • The Stars Like Gods (Asterion Noir #3; Amaranthe #13)