Start by marking “Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls” as Want to Read:
Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls

Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls

A modern gothic tale in the form of missive poetry, written by Sweet Jane to her lover, Eleanor. Through letters recounting the dark secret that lead to Sweet Jane being committed, Sinclair discusses issues of mental illness, trauma, and identity.
Paperback, First, 74 pages
Published October 11th 2018 by Cosmographia Books

To ask other readers questions about Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls

Start your review of Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls
Ali
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book of poetry is exceptional! So-much-so, that I had to put it down to reflect on the powerful words it contains when I was just about half way through. I put it down for a week, then read it from the beginning, and again was submerged in this book to the point of chills, smiles and tears, both happy and sad. Loved it!

The reviews written for this book by, Kristi Carter, Tanya Singh & G.E. Schwartz (all whom are authors) express with perfect words the exceptional quality of Ms. Sinclair's w
Maria Tzoutzopoulou
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What to read when you experience the loss of a loved one...
I've lost my beloved father this August, and I wasn't sure what my first read after that loss could be.
It is deeply intimate to read the letters of a person who suffers, who experiences a loss; The loss of a loved one, the loss of self.
I will be rereading those letters, especially now that the autumn has just arrived.
Stunning work, Robin!
Thank you!
August
The poetry was dark and dreamlike and gritty. The story had me on edge the whole time. Reading Letters felt like trying to assemble a puzzle. I LOVED that Sinclair didn't shy away from difficult topics like violence in the mentally ill. I am about to give it a re-read!

Chichi Iwuorie
This book was deep. It's crazy because I was getting Edgar Allen Poe Vibes. I felt the authors pain, confusion, and sorrows from being in a place that treated humans like animals. Also, the resentment of being away from a loved one.
August

• Frågor jag fått om Förintelsen
  • The Night is Darkening Round Me
  • Goblin Market
  • Kirsikoita lumessa
  • The Last City: A Zombie Novel (Resurrection Book 3)
  • Harmaa linna
  • The Turn of the Screw/Daisy Miller
  • Pegasus The Flying Horse (First Greek Myths)
  • The Suffragettes
  • Trapping Fog
  • Gothicka: Vampire Heroes, Human Gods, and the New Supernatural
  • The Undertaking
  • Φρικαντέλα: Η μάγισσα που μισούσε τα κάλαντα
Robin Sinclair (they/them) is a queer, genderqueer writer of mixed heritage and mixed emotions. When not isolated due to a pandemic, they live on the road, traveling to readings, meeting people, and sharing stories. Robin performs at open mics, book stores, as a feature, at libraries, in bars, coffee shops, basements, in alleyways, cemeteries, closets, or anywhere else poetry can happen. And poetr ...more

News & Interviews

“Reason to live, they repeat like a pop song,
The bones of a beloved emperor, and I, the
motionless chariot
trying to drag them home with forced hope.”
1 likes