Start by marking “Once Upon A Real Good Time” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Real Good Time

Once Upon A Real Good Time

(Heartbreakers #1)

From #1 New York Times bestseller Lauren Blakely comes a sexy new standalone rom-com!

That smoking hot one-night stand with a former rock star? Turns out he's my son's new music teacher. Oops.

But I didn't know that the night I met Campbell. All I knew was he played my body the same way he played a guitar — like he owned it.

My libido is still high-fiving me after being self-served
Published September 8th 2018 by Little Dog Press

Linda Walker
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every book by Lauren Blakely is a treasure I so look forward to and this is no exception. Campbell the lead guitarist in a band playing at the pub where Mackenzie a trivia whiz comes for a night out. There is an attraction between these two which leads to a sizzling one night stand and shows promise of becoming more. Campbell, a former teen idol, is a music prodigy having graduated from Juilliard and plays several musical instruments. Mackenzie became pregnant her final year of college, but had ...more
Jen
I haven’t read a book by this author in a long time! I’m glad I decided to give this series a try, as I really enjoyed it! I will say this story was a sweet, romantic tale, that was very low in angst! It was just what I needed to read right now.

If you are looking for a feel good read that has great one liners and will make you smile ; then look no further... this is your next read!!
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
I adore Lauren Blakely for continuously feeding my rom-com addiction! With her Heartbreakers Series, she has not one, nor two, but THREE new romantic comedies out within weeks of each other, which is pretty much my idea of bookworm heaven. In the Heartbreaker Series, each book follows the love story of a trio of former rock stars who just so happen to be brothers. First up we have Once Upon a Real Good Time, where Campbell, a single dad and rocker-turned-music-teacher, woos single mom, Mackenzie ...more
Louise  O
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, this book had me hooked from the moment I read the first page, Once Upon a Real Good Time is the first book in the Heartbreakers series and Blakely has blown it out of the water.

Quiz loving single mum Mackenzie loves her son more than anything, making sure that he has everything he needs her dating life has been put on hold. When a gorgeous guitar playing man mouths her the answer to a quiz question she cannot get him out of her head. Campbell is a single Dad, he wants a normal simple life
Tammi
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH I just loved this book!! It was sweet and sexy, an absolute perfect mix!!!
Lauren Blakely always creates the most swoonworthy men, interesting women and gives them a wonderful love story.
Campbell is a rocker!
Mackenzie is a trivia nerd!
I love that combination.
This story was fun. A one night stand that ended up having a very awkward connection. I wanted this couple together, they were HOT together, they were sweet together and they wanted to be together. But I got it. Fa
Jen
4.5 Stars

When I started Lauren Blakely's latest book, Once Upon a Real Good Time, I went in with some pretty low expectations. Not because I haven't enjoyed other books by this author. Ms. Blakely has earned herself a spot on my authors to stalk list (yep, I have one of those) with her awesomeness.

Instead my trepidation with regards to reading this little ditty had everything to do with me and the bitch of all reading slumps I happen to be experiencing. Seriously, I've started and put aside more books than I
This book has so much going on, I just don't know where to begin explaining how amazing it is! It's the first in a trio of books that centers around 3 brothers that were in a boy band in their teens and early twenties. It's about their life after the boy band. What happens when they grow up?!?

Campbell is a complex character. Single Dad, Singer, Musician, Teacher. But underneath it all, he is a really cool guy. Despite his past as a popular musician, he is really down to earth, almost humble. Do
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4,5 stars ❤

What a nice surprise, I devour it.It was a fun,super hot and sweet story.I was hooked from the beginning and I read it in one sitting. Once Upon A Real Good Time has an original story line and the characters were lovable.

I adored Campbell and Mackenzie, and the way they met!They have an amazing chemistry from their first moment together.They were so good together.

If you are looking for a sweet and fun story with some really hot moments this is perfect.

Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
Mackenzie is a single mom, business owner and a lover of all things trivia!
Campbell is a single dad, former teen rock star, laying low and playing with a band locally so nobody will recognize him.

It's trivia night and Mackenzie is on a roll winning, while Campbell is tuning his guitar. That's how they meet, a hot one night stand later and then a curve ball gets thrown!

I didn't think that dirty talking Campbell would make me swoon but dang he did! I loved this book, ALL t
Diana
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars for the story
5 gabillion stars for the audiobook

This was a really cute and angst free story about two single parents navigating through dating/not dating. Both MacKenzie and dirty talking Campbell were very likeable, and their kids were pretty cool too. If you are in the mood for something sugary sweet, this is it.

I highly recommend the audiobook, because listening to dirty talking Sebastian York….

Nuff said!!
Alex ♈
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe

Cute, safe, likable MCs.

Sex-scenes ok, but spanking again?... *groan*

He wasn't a manwhore, but she could have dated more after she got her son. 13 years is quite long...

Adorable kids, but soooo fictional 😜

- *** -

Not sure about next book. Friends to lovers... I wonder about his level of non-celibacy during all these years; and I hope she wasn't frozen or had only bad sex. Why do I have a feel
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Blakely Fans, Romance
5 Oh, So Right Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-QUICK, ONLY 99 CENTS!!!
Sometimes you read a book that is like the Children's tale Goldilocks and the Three Bears...You know what I mean, the book isn't over the top... or too bland... It is Just Right.

It has main characters you are attracted to...
They make sense and are people you would like to know...
Their meeting is plausible...
And best of all...
Their Chemistry is Off The Charts.

Once Upon A Sure Thing, the first book of the Heartbreakers series by Lauren Blakely created all of that for me. She gave me two Grown-Ups. Yes, two peo
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Lauren Blakely has a knack for blending naughty and nice. She serves up a healthy dose of both in Once Upon a Real Good Time, and I must say the combination goes down nice and smooth.

It’s a simple story of two single parents who have devoted their lives to their kids, putting aside the possibility of romantic relationships in the process. Campbell is a former boy band star turned private music teacher. Mackenzie is an entrepreneur with a wealth of Jeopardy-level knowledge.

These are two amazing characters who are per
Denisa
Aww!

This is a pretty fun romance, it's just as fun as you'd expect from the blurb. And just as good as you'd hope form this author.

It's the typical mom-dad thing (or single parents falling for one another), but the characters are great and their story is nice to read. It's what I want from my romance books: chemistry, fun, and relaxation.

Definitely worth reading, es
Lauren Luman
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hotness!!! I haven't devoured a book like this in a long time. I attribute that to how dirty and sexy it is. Let's face it, all of LB's stuff is fun and sexy but this shit is sooooo dirty that I had to take a pause for the cause a few times.

Reasons I love this story, aside from the awesome obvious:
2 single parents with teen children (you don't see this often)
His pet name for her
Their devotion to their children's happiness
THEIR CHEMISTRY, HOLY GEEZ.

Blake
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

A new Lauren Blakely novel is my happy place, and I’ve lost count of how many times this author’s writing has made me smile, made me sigh or made me happy. She’s entertained me, she’s made my heart race, and she’s made me blush. It all comes down to the simple fact that for me, Blakely writes the kind of romantic fiction that not only keeps me coming back to her work time and time again, but also reminds me of why I love this genre so much. Sexy, light-hearted and fun, her romantic co
Shayna
“You’re looking at me like I’m the answer to all your prayers.”

Oh, Lauren Blakely…you dirty bird, you! Campbell and Mackenzie were absolutely PERFECT! One of my very favorite couples of yours! The fact that they were both single parents…well, that was icing on the very sexy cake! You all know that Ms. Blakely is one of the QUEENS of romantic comedy, but you add in a sassy trivia nerd and a gorgeous hunk of musician and there should be NOTHING left to say! Once Upon a Real Good Time is a standalone romance
Amber
A funny and sexy romance without any unnecessary drama. Solid writing and great characters are what keeps me coming back to Lauren Blakely. Her books are an effortless choice for me when I want some laughs and some steam.
Alla
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, series, musician
Sweet and cute and no pointless angst and drama.
Stacie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tpam-br
4 "Put a sock in it." Stars!

This was super sweet with just enough dirty- I do love a dirty talker. 😏 Happy reading!
Heather
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title compliments of the author in exchange for an honest review**

I adore Lauren Blakely and her books and Once Upon a Real Good Time was no different. I absolutely devoured this book in one day. It's a great start to Blakely's new Heartbreakers series.

Mackenzie is a single mother who is a graphic designer by trade, but also excels at trivia, so she spends time at a local bar with her friend entering trivia contests. During one o
Laurie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Blakely sure knows how to craft a winner, sweet with lots and lots of heat. Campbell Evans is teen idol rock star turned single dad who teaches music to kids. Missing the performing piece of being a musician Campbell begins playing in small bars with his buddies. Campbell is sweet, smart, sexy, and a great dad who has done a fantastic job raising his daughter. Mackenzie is a single mom who has learned to carve out a great life for her and her son when life throws curves. Mackenzie is the ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, audiobook, romance
I didn't realize how short this was when I bought it. I hate when I do that, but it's almost worse when the story is a good one (because I can't justify returning it). And this is a great story, frankly. I liked both protagonists quite a lot and enjoyed every minute with them. I loved that they both put their kids first, and I liked how well they compliment each other.

I was a little hesitant about the putting the kids so far forward in importance. But Blakely pulled that together pre
Radd Reader
Overview:
Campbell(35) & Mackenzie(33). Book 1 of a standalone series. The series has recurring characters in each book , but each book can be read on its own. Dual POV. Ends with a HEA and an epilogue.

Campbell is a musician (former boy band mega star) and Mackenzie is a graphic designer. They both have teenagers who are good kids and they are fantastic single parents.

They have an instant attraction, great chemistry, steamy bedroom scenes and outside the bedroom they have fun, witty banter. They
AJ
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Oh my damn, I freaking loved this book! A fun, flirty, sexy and chemistry-filled romance with delicious chemistry and a fantastic build up, and oh-so functional! I loved these characters, I loved them together, and I loved their story.

Campbell is a former child-star and teen heart throb. Together with his two brothers, he was a part of the hugely popular boy-band, the Heartbreakers. That is all well in the past though, and Campbell is now a single father to a highly independent 14-year-old da
Isha Coleman
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
And they say actions speak louder than words. Blakely continues to take that saying to heart with her captivating characters and witty dialogue. Once Upon a Real Good Time is the start of something marvelous. Amidst bumbling cluelessness and magnetic attraction a family is made. Campbell and Mackenzie find that sometimes the most embarrassing moments can have an everlasting impact. Imperfect can turn out to be just right. Can't wait for what comes next in the Heartbreakers series.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
A cute and often hilarious romance between a single mom and a single dad
No cheating or OW or OM drama
Her son's father is in their lives but in a pretty unconventional relationship lol
His ex died
I fell asleep a couple times but all in all I enjoyed it enough to move on too book 2
Just Lily

Sweet. Sexy. Adorable.
Absolutely safe. No OW or OM drama. Both celibate after meeting each other.
MUST be on everyone's to-read shelf.
Cute AF.
Loved them separately. Loved them together. Loved their children.
Don't have words.
READ IT.
It's no masterpiece, but good time and warm feelings guaranteed.
Elizabeth Clinton
There is a new dirty talker in town and his name is Campbell Evans. Lauren Blakely has given us a new read that will have you turning the pages faster to see just what Campbell has to say. A former teen idol Campbell settles into a life that will have him spending time with his daughter and doing what he loves on his own terms but when one night he sees
Mackenzie across the room things change instantly.
Mackenzie is a single mom with a Fantastic career an ex who is her best friend and a son
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Sigh...sigh so effing much.
I didn't think a dirtier talker could have stole my heart the way Campbell did. He is legit the whole package...drop dead gorgeous, sexy as sin, a mouth meant for other things besides talking, and hands...hands that can strum a women's body better then a guitar ( I would be willing to offer myself up as a test subject if need be)
No doubt that once Mackenzie meets Campbell she has no choice but to fall for his charms and that devilish smile and those eyes that I

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Wound Tight: A Rough Riders/Blacktop Cowboys Crossover
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • Sleepover
  • Boy Toy (Man Hands, #3)
  • Play Date
  • Fall (VIP, #3)
  • Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)
  • Faking It
  • The Sweetheart Rules (Sweetheart Sisters, #2)
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Elliott Redeemed (Preload, #2)
  • Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14)
  • Can't Always Get What You Want
  • How Not to Let Go (Belhaven, #2)
  • All the Way (Romancing Manhattan, #1)
  • Boyfriend for Hire
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely.com/one-free-book/

Connect with Lauren h

Heartbreakers (3 books)
  • Once Upon a Sure Thing (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Once Upon a Wild Fling (Heartbreakers, #3)
“You’re looking at me like I’m the answer to all your prayers.” 2 likes
“It feels like I took a different turn down the road. Like we started with raw heat, and we sped through rough-and-fast land, and now we’ve veered someplace else entirely. We’re driving down a new road, and this one’s a little more dangerous, but it’s fantastic in its own way.
Because it’s closer.
It’s more intimate.
It’s a connection I didn’t expect but can’t deny.”
1 likes