Start by marking “The Case of the Missing Hero (The Kitten Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Missing Hero (The Kitten Files, #2)

The Case of the Missing Hero

(The Kitten Files #2)

"I'm Mia.
I know how to write.
Why's that a big deal?
Because... I'm a cat."

A goofy, shaggy farm dog is missing. Did he run away? Was he dog-napped? Normally the fate of a dog wouldn't concern Mia too much, but this one belongs to Keith's nephew. As detective and cat dig deeper, they discover there are more dogs missing from the area.

Will Mia be able to sniff out the locat
Published September 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Missing Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Missing Hero

R.A.
Oh my goodness, it's so funny! I love it so much! :D

Mia cracks the case again … with Keith of course! Guys, she has a smart-phone now, and she texts and emails on it! :P

There's not much to say, other than "you should read this because it'll make you laugh!" It did for me! I was giggling over so many quotes - my sister as well, once I showed to her - so if you want to be cheered up, I'd read this book... this series for that matter! ;)
Angie Thompson
Okay, it's official--Perry Kirkpatrick is genius!!! I was laughing so hard reading this that I literally slapped my knee. Cliche I know, but for me, that's never actually been a thing... Who knew?

Mia-the-cat and Mia-the-detective were both absolutely perfect! Keith was goofy and hilarious and adorable. His nieces and nephew were sweet and cute. Love the little carryovers from the first story (some of which I hope greatly will continue to carry over...), but the new elements--my word! Mia and cel
Liz F.
What a fun book!! When Mia got a phone, I laughed!! That was hilarious! XD I loved getting to know Keith's family!
5 stars and recommended for all ages.
Lady Delacour
Detective Keith and
Mia The Feline Sleuth,
solve another case.
Listened with TTS.
100% Clean.
LOL Story!!!
Bethany
I really loved this book, even more than the first one! It was so funny and clever, the way the author describes the cat and her behavior is just brilliant! I also appreciated the fact that I wasn't able to work out the mystery until right at the very end. The only problem with the story is that there were several errors, nothing serious, just mainly these two: Miss Thornblood's first name was Clara, yet in this book she's called Claire; and (view spoiler) ...more
Sarah Grace Grzy
Even though these are written for middle grade-ish kids, and I am teen, I still love these! They are so adorable! The writing is just phenomenal. It isn't "dumbed down" for little kids at all, like most middle grade books are, but it is still simplistic enough for them to understand.

It is so witty and hilarious, I found myself laughing out loud several times!

The main reason I like these books so much is because they are clean, family-friendly fiction for younger children, yet they aren't super
Jody Link
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
cute story for any age!
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 6-14 and for the young at heart

After reading and loving the first book in this series, The Case of the Tabloid Tattler, I was eager for the next installment. This book may be geared for kids, but it is interesting and witty enough to be loved by readers of all ages.

Mia, the cat, is so cat-like. I almost feel as if I understand our cat better for having read this. The reasons Mia gives for doing things makes me laugh so hard sometimes. I also will never
Mikayla
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been looking forward to reading this book for months. It was even more hilarious than I expected. I cannot wait to see what happens with Mia and Keith in the future.
Krystyna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Smart phones just for cats

A good read but not as humorous as the previous books.
Now Mia and Claire are pen pals and life is looking fairly settled until Keith gets told that his sister's family pet has gone missing. As he tries to give advice, he is invited for a visit. Mia decides to tag along and the two of them start looking into the missing dog. However it appears that there are a number of dogs that are missing. Add in a present of a smart phone, a lonely man, a claim of a 'writing' cat and
Mnm
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was........ Hilarous! I give it 10.10 speed readers out of 10.10 Speed readers.
Mia was so funny, she sounded like a cat with it being wayyyyy overdone. Thumbs up to her writer for that. ;)
Her owner, Keith, was awesome. You know, keeping Mia's serect for her and all that. ;) Seriously, (view spoiler)
Katy
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mg-keepers
I loved the first book, and the sequel is even better! The "voice" of Mia the cat is so purrfectly rendered, it makes me want to get a cat. There are two loose threads yet to be tied up, so I hope this means the author will add more stories about Mia the cat-who-writes and her adopted "owner" Keith the private detective.
Mnm
Kate Willis
Aug 16, 2016
Letitia Campbell
Oct 09, 2018
Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick lives in an undisclosed location outside of Phoenix where she and her husband chase their four little boys and an escape-artist dog. They don't chase their cats, however, because cats hate that. She is the author of "The Kitten Files" mysteries, "The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott" spy series, and multiple short stories.

In addition to her writing, Perry enjoys graphi

The Kitten Files (4 books)
  • The Case of the Tabloid Tattler (The Kitten Files, #1)
  • The Case of the Cereal Robber (The Kitten Files, #3)
  • The Case of the Very Bad Cat (The Kitten Files #4)