Start by marking “Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)” as Want to Read:
Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)

Empty Promises

(Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)

Empty Promises
Big pharma is buying all the politicians in Washington, D.C. that they need to be allowed to unleash their new, but deadly, super-narcotic on the American public. When Hank Green has a bad reaction to the drug in what turns out to be an illegal drug study, Jack Bass is forced to get involved to try to put a halt to the study. He discovers that veterans are b
Published August 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Empty Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empty Promises

Start your review of Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)
Casi McLean
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heart-Thumping Medical Thriller

If you love a good heart-thumping medical thriller, you’ll love Edwin Dasso’s Empty Promises. Dasso is a new author to me but Empty Promises had me hooked on the first page. I loved his fast-paced adrenaline-rush style.
A new drug with instant addiction eventually kills most users but the villains see only dollar signs and push the drug on veterans. After looking death in the face, Jack Bass’s friend Hank manages to kick the drug, but not before Bass vows to take do
Stephanie N
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowza, I am clearly impressed with this medical thriller. Jack, George, Hank, Amanda, Sara, and Sasha all bring their attributes to this story.
This book really touched my heart. My father and husband are both disabled veterans and I couldn’t imagine what I would do if this experimental drug found its way into their hands. It is sad to know Pharma companies do not care what happens to the patient as long as a profit can be made.
This story is well written. The dialogue is witty, tough, and in some
Diane E
Good theory

Seemed scattered at times and incomplete . Pharmadosh, a drug company , has a new CEO who has been brought in to improve the profit for the organization . His idea is to make a drug so addictive that anyone taking it will have to keep getting it. Jack Bass and family end up getting involved . That gets Jack looking into the drug and company . Needless to say , since this is Jack , it is an exceedingly complicated mess reaching high into the country's administration .
JoAnne
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! this story' was so scary and realistic that it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. A plot with lots of drama and action using elements of greed and conspiracy from the pharmaceutical company who had developed a drug causing addictions and deaths. Jack, the main character, is like a dog with a bone as he goes after the bad guys , investigates the who, why, what, and where of it all, and tries to keep the people he cares about out of harm's way. Loved how it ended Truly a grea ...more
Lynn
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a action medical thriller that brings a scary subject to life. Greed and power threaten vets and eventially the whole public with a dangerous new perscription drug. The drug companies, govenment, medicial profession and ordinary citizens are all woven together to bring this page turning novel to life. The characters are well written and relatable. Looking forward to reading more books in this series and by this author.
Karen  Dee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This felt more like a movie than a book. I loved how action packed it was. It felt like something Tom Cruise or even Tom Hank would have starred in. Well a Tom of the A list caliber! Cover ups, conspiracy, political intrigue and medical thriller. It has everything for a Saturday night movie in a book. I loved the hero and his quest to do what is right and comes up against the big political machine. Though not too realistic it has enough truth that it makes it a very thrilling ride!
Darlene
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced medical thriller that I was unable to put down. An interesting perspective on the Opioid crisis-a greedy pharmaceutical company ceo develops an addictive drug testing it on vets. When Jack Bass's friend Hank becomes a victim he investigates the reasons behind Hank's strange behavior. A well written story with great character development that was an amazing read from start to finish. I can't recommend this enough. ...more
Joaquin
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read from this autor and let me tell you that I loved it! I can tell it wont be the last. Such a good book with great characters that keeps you obsessed with every page since the first one. The story is so complex but at the same time easy to follow, the writing is amazing too! the author describes it all in a way that I felt like I was on the story! it felt so real! the excitement is endless! Amazing job! definitely a must read to every Mistery-thriller lover!
Terry Guerra
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful medical thriller

This is an author I have never heard of or read before today. This was a heart stopping rollercoaster ride of emotions! It gives another view of the opioid crisis most would not even think about.

Lots of action and murder, the twists and turns leave you on the edge of your seat.
Rita
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book. It has lots of action and murder involved. The main character is likable and is always getting involved into something that gets him in trouble. He does solve the problem with lots of danger to himself and family. It is a good read.
Susan Hutchinson
Great book

This military medical thriller has it all: great characters, chilling premise, heart pounding scenes and justice at the end. Edwin Dasso has written a well structured thriller that keeps you on your toes until the very satisfying end. It’s a must read.
Mona williams
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a really great book! there is a new drug out there that is making people go crazy or killing them. one guy has one dose and something is not right. his friend starts to look into it and almost gets killed. there in something rotten going on . you must read to find out what happens.
Julie Sherman
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Military medical thriller

This is a great mystery medical thriller. The writing is exceptional, the detail is very well done, and the story flowed nicely. The main characters are those that you can get behind and route for. Well done Me Dasso. Really is a 4.5.
Samantha
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story, really makes you wonder what pharmaceutical companies do that we may be unaware of, seems very much possible.
Tara Stapledon
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Military Medical Thriller

Big pharma and corrupt people high up in the government make for a great fast paced thriller. A scary and plausible story about the opioid crisis.
Elisa
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Empty Promises was a fantastic thrilling adventure that kept me glued to the pages from beginning to the very end.
Crystal Galloway
Hmmmmmm

The book is well written. It seems there is never a right time or a good answer. When you try to do the right thing, there is always some one who tries to destroy it.
Roy Dobson
Bill Farrell
Sep 04, 2019
Eve
Jul 21, 2020

• Chaos at Crescent City Medical Center (Alexandra Destephano #1)
  • The Tree of Life (Dr. Nicklaus Hart Medical Thriller #2)
  • Biohack (Shadow Operatives, #1)
  • Dark Harvest (Holt Foundation #2)
  • No Freedom
  • The Recipient (Emerald City #1)
  • Everett
  • Thorn (Uncommon Enemies #4)
  • Delusion Proof (Dr. Sonia Amon #2)
  • Promise of Malice (Detective Kendall Halsrud #3)
  • Dead Air (Sammy Greene, #1)
  • Don't Ever Forget (Adler and Dwyer, #1)
  • Blue Lady's Mission Under Fire (Angelica Mason, #3)
  • The Gamma Sequence (The Gamma Sequence #1)
  • Perfect Mistake (Perfect, #1)
  • Laced By Love (Montana Sky: Entertainers of the West #1)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Willie, My Love

Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles (7 books)
  • In the Line of Ire (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #1)
  • Past Aghast (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #2)
  • Death Management (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #3)
  • Don't Worry, You'll be Safe (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #4)
  • Do I Know You? (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #5)
  • Death Hub (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #7)