Start by marking “On Edge (Rough Edges #1)” as Want to Read:
On Edge (Rough Edges #1)

On Edge

(Rough Edges #1)

Jetta Oliver was finally taking control of her own life. Daughter of rock legends who’d passed, former guardian of her now pop-princess sister – Jet could now focus on living only for herself. She sure as hell never expected a drug lord to emerge demanding a figure she had no way of paying. Swallowing her pride, Jet is forced to reach out to the one man who might be able t ...more
Published August 2018 (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about On Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Edge

Pamela Lilley
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
A second chance romance, with a little suspense and a lot of drama. On Edge follows Jetta Oliver, daughter of deceased rock legends, the Olivers. Ten years after their death, they are still rock legends, their fans still mourn them. Their younger daughter, Jetta's sister, Courtney, has taken their place and is living the same rock'n'roll lifestyle that their parents led, drugs and alcohol included. Jetta prefers to stay out of the limelight, but when the past discretions of her parents
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book as part of the Quirky Blind Date with a book, so as you can see I was going in to this one blind. In addition, I had no experience with the author. However, when I read the blurb up on receiving the book, it blew me away. It has most of the elements I look for in a romance. Second chances, suspense and wounded heroes.

On Edge, a second chance romance, is the first book in the Rough Edge series and can be read as a standalone. It tells the story of songwriter Jetta Oliver and
Sheena
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first in a new series had an engrossing and original plot which I felt, at times, was adversely affected by some character and editing issues.......Jetta is a strong, smart song writer who through no fault of her own finds herself in debt to a powerful drug dealer and Paxton, is an ex military hottie, working in security who is the only person who can help her..... this leads to a fast paced and intriguing second chance romance..

The story is told from Jetta's and Paxton's points of view....
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is freaking epic! What a start to a new series!

I absolutely loved Jetta and can completely relate to her. Having a relatable character is so freaking key in not only romance books, but books in general. I understand her reactions (which could be a little much sometimes LOL) but saw behind the meaning and honestly, I probably would have reacted a lot in the same.

10 years have gone by since Jetta has seen her HS sweetheart Paxton. He left right after her parents died to join the milita
LettyT
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance at love books are one of my favorite in the romance genre of books. This one while good, didn't have a lot of the ooomph I'm looking for in second chances. It was a good book, though. The characters are likable enough but there was something lacking and I couldn't quite place what it was.

Paxton is a wounded military man who is honorably discharged after a gunshot wound. Jetta is the girl he dumped the day she buried her rock star legend parents. Jetta owes money to drug dealers an
2OCC Reviews
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
The description of this book had me really interested to see how wounded army vet and a girl from his past could find love. I love ex military men, they are strong but deep down fragile.

Jetta was down to earth and I really liked that. She was easy to connect with because of her fears and grief.

Paxton was a alpha male who has all the right protective instincts.

I loved the whole blast from the past plot. Second chance romances are amazing because they happen every day, and being able to see the s
Mandy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me.
I really enjoyed this second chance love story and I would recommend it to friends who like this genre. This book is full of angst. I laughed but not as much as I cried.

This love story has so much heartache that it made me ugly cry on more than one occasion. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Jetta was the daughter to rock star parents who died and left her the only family to her younger sister. It had been ten long years since they had gone. This is wh
Terra Drynan-Werder
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the next books in the series. I figured going in this would be the typical alpha males saves broken girl, but it really wasn't. Jetta has been through way more in life than people 3 times her age, yet she's smart, talented and above all strong. Paxton has seen and done things no one should have to do to survive and it's broken him, but in finding love again he see's that he can get past it and live a good healthy life. I enjoyed how Kim deve ...more
Crystal Wilke
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On Edge is the first book in the Rough Edges series and it started with a bang. Kim is a new author to me and I loved this book. Definitely an emotional rollercoaster ride. I couldn't get enough of Pax and Jet. I was captivated from the beginning till the end. I had figured a certain part out (can't tell ya because then it would be a spoiler) but I didn't know the reason why and I was shocked when I found out.  I can't wait to read more of the Rough Edges series. I enjoyed the majority of the ch ...more
Adriana Arrones
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance romances! I think this book has it all: drama, suspense, happy/frustrating/fun/sexy moments and military men!!!! It was really easy to relate to the characters with their struggles, I think most of us have felt lost, alone, broken and like drowning at some point in our life. The book gives very real emotions.
The ending was kind of easy to figure out but it definitely was a shock and revealed some reasons as to why it all happened but I feel it also left me with some questio
R yatsko
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Blown away....
Jett goes to old boyfriend, for help....
That is just the beginning...
...they both have unanswered questions, secrets, hurt and still have intense pull towards each other...

I couldn't put this down! I had to know!
This novel had suspense, heart break, soul searching, and redemption !
My heart broke, heart raced until the end!!!!

This was the first novel I read from this author, but it will not be the last!!!!
#qurikyblinddate
Lori Hoffman
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On edge is a great story about men and women who serve in the military and how they serve after they get out. This is about two women who had rock star parents who died young about the love they had for each other and the older sister who fell in love with pax who went to serve in the military and cut ties with the sister so she could have a life while he served his country until she got into trouble to seek him out again.
Shannon Davison
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading a book by Kim and it won't be my last either. What an amazing, intriguing story. Jetta and Paxton could never get together, something always got in the way. I felt so bad for them. I laughed and cried. You definitely want to read this book. I voluntarily reviewed a copy via Quirky Blind Date with a Book.
FeeMac
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pax and Jet were sweethearts but time and circumstance kept them apart. When Jet finds herself in trouble she turns to Pax and their spark is rekindled. On Edge was just that, it kept my fingers on the edge of the page, in my case kindle, eagerly wanting to turn the page to follow this exciting, action packed romance.
Tonya
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, likeable characters, suspense, drama, romance, heat.....On Edge has a lil bit of everything! I love that Kim Cong touched on issues like PTSD, drug use and the loss of loved ones. And it's done tastefully. The characters were my fav, the responsible older sister, irresponsible lil sister, the military brothers, loved them all even the quirky assistant! I hope there's more to tell for some of the other characters, would definitely read more!
Kate Parry
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i enjoyed this book.
it started off slightly slow, it ended with a bang!
the characters were relatable and made me want to not put the book down.
i even cried in some sections as they touched my heart - with a touching issue that not many people talk about, there shouldnt be this stigma about PTSD.
Coco.V
Sep 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/5/2019)! 🎁
Danielle
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline & interesting characters! Didn't want to put it down!
Sallie Page
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow

Quite a good read. Bit suspensfull, bit of rock'n'roll, but a whole lot of friends and family standing with each other to get through the tough times
Nicole
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!!

This book was my introduction to this author, and what an introduction it was. I loved this book. Pax and Jetta = AMAZING!! The story/plot was fantastic. The other characters ROCKED. This was an excellent read!!
Kristen
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was so engrossing and the characters had extremely interesting past and present lives. The twist near the end was also engrossing because you really did not expect it!
Katie Jones
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blind-dates
Holy wow! I absolutely loved this book. Ex military man finds his old love interest 10 years later. Jetta and Paxton (Jetpax) are an amazing couple who overcome so many things once reconnecting.
Rochelle Sumner Kroesen
After reading this book I can totally understand why it's called On Edge! It kept me on the edge through most of the book. It contained so many twists and turns and some very hot scenes! I loved the emotional roller coaster On Edge took me on and I will be reading the next book in the series.
Amy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
When both your parents die and the one person you think you can trust isn't who he says he is, can you survive?
Andrea
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story, well-handled plot and really well-written characters. I loved it.
Hajar
It took me a while to read On Edge. The first few chapters I'm not that into it until the part to the most kick ass assistant that i ever liked and awed. I cant wait for book number 2 which is makes me curious. Yeay for the debut Kim!
Jillian Mackenzie
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic debut novel, by this first time author. I really enjoyed getting to know her characters and I'm so excited to see how her writing develops with her future books.
Corrie
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

I will admit at first this book did not pull me in and I can't really explain why. But I am a firm believer in pushing through to the end. This book was great! So much drama, romance and danger! It was the perfect read!

And it was a second chance romance!

Pax and Jetta were a great couple and I loved that they feel back into each other so easily...that their love for one another hadn't faded over time and it just was. Yes there were learning curves but it was just true love.

I will be inter
Carissa Janes
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story, and felt bad for all the crap that Jetta had to go through. I instantly swooned when Paxton stepped in to save the day, but also felt like Jetta needed to stand up for herself, and I was glad when she did. She was certainly a strong girl, and I admired that about her, even if she was weak when it came to her sister. I loved the scene with the locked door and Jetta's skills!
Amber Goodwin
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book from a new to me author. Jetta and Pax were great. Pax is ex military and Jetta is a daughter of deceased pop stars. Jetta had to step up at a young age to care for her young sister after her parents passed. Fast forward to present Jetta finds out about a whole other world her sister and parents were into. Can the one man who she loved help her now? Can they both overcome their pasts?
A great book will definitely read more from this author.
Book Lover. Puppy Mumma. Tea-Swilling Author.

Kim is an introvert who loves writing about fierce women and the men who love them. Her favourite kind of story is the one where Red Riding Hood rescues herself.

Kim writes political thrillers, romance and everything in between. She's been an event coordinator, bar manager, shop assistant and an intern too many times to count. These days, she works p

Rough Edges (2 books)
  • Rough Code (Rough Edges #2)