Start by marking “Echolocation: Poems” as Want to Read:
Echolocation: Poems

Echolocation: Poems

From both the visible and invisible margins of life, from the Oregon forest to high desert, from lake to river, Kristin Berger's new book of poems, Echolocation, seeks to reconcile memory and loss with a world still very much alive and beating. In a time of diminishing truth and light, this book locates beauty and holds space for its returning. "If we have forgotten that p ...more
Published 2018 by Cirque Press

To ask other readers questions about Echolocation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echolocation

Start your review of Echolocation: Poems
K.E. Lanning
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book of poetry! Beautiful cadence, brimming with the passion of life and love.

An excerpt from the poem, Shuttle:

You are already gone, a strange peace
rising from the spring dark,
How many ways you have lifted from me, turned
like a stranger in a crowd.
Amy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm biased, perhaps, because Kristin is a friend from days of yore, but the story told in these poems -- bodies, the natural world, love found and then lost -- was so powerful and lovely I couldn't put the book down.
Sandra
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Berger brings us sensuous-approaching-erotic experiences of the body in the landscapes in which she travels, most often alpine or desert country. Rarely do we find her indoors. She has achieved a remarkable tension between unconstrained passion for life and acceptance of its heart-breaks. In fact, the heart and its desires thread through many of these tightly woven poems that defy excerption.

However, from "Torch-Cactus Bloom, Mid-November":
Like love, it thrives out of season.
This should not be
Anatoly Molotkov
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"See where the heart strikes/ the scaffolding of ribs, its desire/ as clear as a rubied bell,/ clapper suspended like a thrush, waiting/ for its note to fly back?" A beautiful second collection from Kristin Berger, Echolocation focuses on the joy and the melancholy of nature and of personal attachments. As one love ends, love continues, rooted in our bodies.
Alissa Hattman
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely book of poetry that blooms and sighs and kneels on ruins. These pieces are startling, beautiful, inventive, intimate, and hopeful. They remind us how un-alone we are in the world.
BJ
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Some really good poems. Others were too convoluted to know what the author was trying to convey. Also, did not like some of the poem format she used
Melissa Poulin