Start by marking “Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo” as Want to Read:
Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo

Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Daniel Daniels spends most of his time doing one of two things:
1. Avoiding the school bully, or
2. Hanging out with his animal friends.

Unfortunately, Daniel's animal friends all live at The World's Worst Zoo, run by the cruel and crabby Mr Gregory.

One day, an unfortunate incident with some ointment at the zoo leaves Daniel with a few special tricks up his sleeve—tricks tha
Published June 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo
Shalini
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of the cutest children’s books I have read in the last few years. Robbie Yates has done a fabulous job in weaving an underlying theme of goodness in this book. A moral core when explained in simple terms is always well understood and applied. And who better than our children!!

Daniel Daniels, the protagonist is characterized well as a child who is bullied in school, who has learnt the tricks to escape such bullies (most of the times) and sometimes tolerate them but still has this inte
Lili  Marcus
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Aaaw, this is so cute. Recently, I've read Robbie's other children's book and really loved it. So of course, I had to read this too. And first, I wanna say, personally, I find it hard to write a book for children. I just don't think I'm capable of writing something that's easy to udnerstand for kids but still interesting for adults. So I really applaud the author for his amazing books :) :)

As a 26-year old who read this, I can say, I'm fascinated. I enjoyed the silly but cute scenes. Th
Justine
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The title suggests a lot, I was driven to read what it is about now, I tried months ago but I do not want to force myself into reading something I wasn’t in the mood for or I would have ended up hating it. I do not want it to be clouded by such judgment. And an unfair one. But here I am now, enjoyed Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo a lot.

Daniel Daniels is being bullied in school and his parent doesn’t give the attention he deserves. Upon something, he didn’t say. They gave him a pass for
Robbie Cheadle
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daniel Daniels is a very ordinary boy. Both of his parents have full time jobs which completely absorb them, leaving them with little interest in either their son or each other. Daniel is a daydreamer at school and struggles with maths, much to the irritation of his teacher. He is also the victim of the school bully, Chris McSteel and his band of cronies who endlessly torment Daniel.
Daniel has one escape from his life and that is Mr Gregory’s zoo. Unfortunately, Mr Gregory is no a kindly animal
Brittany Lamb
This is a really cute middle grade (or younger) book that I think would be most loved by fellow animal lovers. There is a lot of goofy silliness in the pages that makes it a quick and easy read.

Personally, I am not a huge zoo fan. This is probably partly because I live about 5 minutes from the North Carolina Zoo and have been there a billion times. It’s also because I am not a huge fan of the heat, and of seeing animals out of their natural habitats. BUT, with this being said, I love animals end
Nina Silva
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daniel Daniels and the World’s Worst Zoo is a sweet, cute, fun read for you but maybe even more enjoyable with some little ones!

If you could have one, what would your super hero power be? Would you like to fly? Be invisible? Run at super speed? Be able to turn into a dumpster? Hey, don’t knock it… you never know when that little skill may come in handy!

Daniel is adorable, determined, a little bit neglected and very gifted with skills of exaggeration.

“My fractions skills might have been bad, but
Megan (Ginger Mom)
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
My son and I had so much fun reading this one together. At first, I felt so bad for Daniel. I mean, his parents hardly hear a word he says. They love him . . . they're just airheads. Stuck in their own worlds. And then there's the class bully, Chris McSteel. He seems to have nothing better to do with his time than make fun of Daniel. Even the mean zookeeper seems to have it in for Daniel.

One messy monkey medicine twist later and Daniel's life starts looking up. From there on, we were laughing a
Maya Bhat (Bookshot)
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved reading a children’s story book after a long time. The title of the book is very catchy. It made me curious about the world’s worst zoo. I also loved the animated elephant on the cover. I am pretty sure kids will love reading the story of Daniel Daniels.

The concept of worst zoo and the miserable life of animals in that zoo will make us (as well as kids) thoughtful. Daniel’s love and compassion towards those animals is very heart warming. The cruel and money minded zoo owner Mr.Gregory is
Kayleigh Cyphus
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good early reader book; they're just so easy to get into and, as an adult, they create a sense of achievement when you can read a whole book in under an hour! So, when the opportunity to be involved in the blog tour for Daniel Daniels and the World's Worst Zoo came up, of course I had to read this one, and I wasn't disappointed!

Daniel Daniels is a very likeable narrator who, despite having a hard time both at school and at home, is very optimistic and caring. We soon learn of his love o
Rain
Mischenko
Dec 30, 2018
Gabriel Davis
Dec 26, 2019
Robbie Yates is an author based in the vibrant city of Melbourne, Australia. He enjoys drawing, the crunch of autumn leaves, and eating tasty snacks from his childhood.

In his free time, Robbie likes to read the stories of Roald Dahl, Paul Jennings and J.K. Rowling. Robbie also likes to go geocaching, play board games, and have water-balloon fights.

You can learn more about Robbie Yates and his writ