Start by marking “Let You Be My Puppet Once” as Want to Read:
Let You Be My Puppet Once

Let You Be My Puppet Once

Losing their faith in the System, a group of MNC-employed youngsters decide to take revenge on some politicians and businessmen after having suffered at their hands. Their master plan also exposes the connections of the powerful with the rich, of the mafia with politicians and of those who exploited the poor. All this leads to a war. A war that had never happened.

The Chief
Published April 21st 2018 by Notion Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Let You Be My Puppet Once, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let You Be My Puppet Once

Start your review of Let You Be My Puppet Once
Ruchi Patel
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
First of all I would like to thank author for the review copies. Really loved the concept. Different read than usual once. Nice writing style and nice story. The story revolves around the background of MNCs and politics so nice concept for readers. Language and writing style is nice. Initially it takes time to enter in the story but nice end so worth reading!!
Harshita Gupta
My rating: 3.5 stars
Karan, Saima, Vedika and Josh are four youngsters who decided to take revenge from few politicians for the wrong done against their families. Four of them are at run out from the police after killing the sons of politically influential persons.
Indian Intelligence agency chief Rathore and the police were madly in search for them but they hardly able to find even the trace of their current locations. Politicians and police were going desperate day by day and the investigation w
Aryan Sarath
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping political thriller that would keep you guessing till the end. Preetika has given a perfect political thriller fiction which would be your perfect companion this summer. If you are a student, this would be a great read. If you are not a student, you ma y be able to connect very well with the happenings not only in India but elsewhere.

The story has few characters. Saima, Josh, Vedica and Karan. While Saima hailed from an affluent business family, Josh's father runs a small shop in Keral
Trishita Das
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author- Preetika Mehra

Publisher- Notion Press

Story of the book-

The story was based on the current political situation – corruption of India. The story was based on the lives of four people-

1. Saima- She was the eldest daughter of Swaraj- a businessman who had connections with many politicians. In other words, Saima belonged to a rich and powerful family. Saima had a sister (Meghna) and a brother. She was a beautiful, tall and confidant woman working in a bank in Mumbai.

2. Josh- He belonged to a
Nikita Garg
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
• BOOK REVIEW •
Let You Be My Puppet Once – Preetika Mehera
Wow! I love cliffhangers – in books or in movies. I love the feeling of wanting to know more, read more, and see more. Such books are very difficult to pull off, while keeping the reader engaged throughout.
Let You Be My Puppet Once, is one such book. I applaud that the author could pull off such an engaging read in those 300 odd pages. The way the author has stringed together various events and built the entire picture is praise-worthy.
Tavleen Kaur (Travelling Through Words)
Thriller is one of my favorite genres. I always appreciate an author’s ability to keep us hooked on their story with exciting surprises and a shocking ending. I have read a number of books like that from Indian authors recently and I’m now adding this book to the list.

Let You Be My Puppet Once by Preetika Mishra is a political thriller. It follows a group of four friends- Saima, Josh, Karan, and Vedica. The story begins when Saima’s sister Meghna is murdered. The youngsters are frustrated with t
Mugdha Mahajan
3.5/5

This book was all over bookstagram a while back and finally I got the chance to read it . Let You Be My Puppet is a political thriller which is based on the fact that how political leaders, by using their powers, manipulate the system according to their wishes. The word Puppet is referred to all those people who blindly trusts and acts according to these politicians to make their careers or to gain money.

The story is about 4 friends- Josh, Karan, Saima and Vedica, who were from rich backgro
Bhargavi Chandrashekar
Political Thriller are not that popular in the country like India. Political thriller novels are powerful tales of intrigue and terror, of patriotism and political corruption, that leaves the reader – well, thrilled. So when I read the blurb of Let you be my puppet once, I felt like I should definitely read this one. And not to forget the classy cover.

The book starts with the businessman Swaraj imploring Rana not to harm his daughter Meghana. Rana is the chief minister of UP, the powerful politi
Venkitesh Mathakode
Terrific! GREAT and most interesting fiction, and well done!. Excellent! This one really makes you wonder. Decent political novel, a little slow to start. An interesting view on how politics can dictate how we live in today's society. It is something that how the story was not real but contains
Up to date situations.

Saima, Josh, Vedica and Karan are true friends. Josh belongs to Kerala and his father runs a small shop. Karans father is an income tax officer. Saima belongs to a well-known business
Ritika Chhabra
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

"These next few seconds were crucial for him as there is death down below, there is death coming from the door and there is death possibly waiting for him at the neighbour's house as well."
- Preetika Mehra, Let You Be My Puppet Once

"I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review."

Honestly, if you're a fan of reading political thrillers, or thrillers in general, then don't even bother reading this review. Just
ANTONY
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every one of us at one time or other faces a situation wherein we become puppet of others destined to dance to their tunes silently suffering within. This is the theme of this book LET YOU BE MY PUPPET ONCE  by Preetika Mehra an MBA graduate working with an MNC in Chennai.
The plot line is appreciable and it does not lack the grip but addictive.

I like the title as well as cover design which are alluring and tempting.They match the intensity and the  theme of the book.

I wish to appreciate the auth
Readwithsumit
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hello people ❤️
Usually I make book reviews on my YouTube channel but from now I will also write book reviews on goodreads
So here is my first review

First of all thanks a lot to the author for giving me this review copy

Book - Let you be my puppet once
Author - Preetika Mehra
Publications- @notion.press
Pages -316

PLOT
It’s a story of 4 youngsters, who have just started their jobs in MNC , everything is going well until some powerful politicians make some very bad things happen to these youngster’s fam
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
This is a well planned book keeping in mind the main characters from the start till the very end.

Karan, Saima, Vedica and Josh were starting out their lives after college settling for a new good life together, working hard staying away from their native hometowns; chilling together at weekends; looking forward to meaningful relationships.

All this came to an abrupt halt when the news of the death of Meghna, Saima's sister, reached them.

It was then and there that the four of them decided to teach
Ri
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Preetika Mehra has delivered an amazing political thriller. Four friends have their lives turned around when they discover that one of their family members was killed by the hands of a politician. The story is about them seeking vengeance against corrupt and power abusive politicians.

We are given multiple points of view , the politicians, the friends and their family members and the cops. Multiple POV’s serves as a plus to drive and give direction to the story line.

The plot isn’t something one w
Honey & Anjali
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading the blurb I knew I was gonna get hooked and I was right.

The story revolves around four friends Saima, Josh, Vedica and Karan. A series of unfortunate events leads them to a journey full of conspiracy and treachery.

I really liked how gripping the story is and the credit goes to the author for the vivid symbolic imagery, the narration and the plot.

Every character has their own backstory which gives the reader an insight in their life and provide them the depth they deserved. The char
Rakhi Jayashankar
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, thriller
It has been a preset notion that political thrillers are men's forte. Here we have a lady who has proved it wrong and pulled off an excellent political thriller.

It is the story of 4 professionals Vedica, Josh, Saima and Karan, who were unknowingly affected by the political gambling. Uprooted by the death of Saima's sister, and a molestation attempt, the four friends decide to pull down the mafia by an ingenious plan which puts the investigating officers in deep trouble. Unable to find the real i
Ronak
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there is death coming from the door and there is death possibly waiting for him at the neighbour’s house as well.”
– Preetika Mehra

Let You Be My Puppet Once is the story of four adults, having just started on their new jobs, and working on taking revenge on the injustice that happened to their families. It is the story of Karan, Vedica, Josh and Saima.

The start itself is very interesting and engaging and the book is adequately fast. The pace is perfect. There a lot of twists n turns presented i
Gautam Sasidharan
Situations can make or break people. “Let you be my puppet once” is the story of a group of friends who for once turn the police and the bad guys as puppets in their ploy to avenge their crimes. The situations which lead them to take such an extreme step, how they execute their revenge and how they get away with it, forms the story.

The plot of the book is great and makes the book a page turner. The character definitions are great and the author takes ample time to reach the core of the plot bef
Vidhya Thakkar
Check:- http://www.vidhyathakkar.com/bookrevi...

Let you be my Puppet once is a story of Four friends, Saima, Vedica, Josh and Karan. Saima and Vedica are harassed by two boys, that's when the four of them plans to take the revenge. Karan's father is an income tax officer, Saima comes from business and political family, Josh comes from a middle-class family and Vedica's Parents are in US.
Four friends, Politics, Revenge and Love. A story full of twists and turns.

Firstly, The cover and the title of
Adrija Verma
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O hello!  all the my type people who just love thriller book.  LET YOU BE MY PUPPET ONCE is a masala book with political twist.

🌺Book- LET YOU BE MY PUPPET ONCE
🌺Pages- 316
🌺Publication- Notion press
🌺Genre- Political thriller
🌺Age - 14+

🌸The story goes around four people...  Karan,  Josh,  Vedica and Saima.
🌸They four decided to take revenge from a political party cause they have done something really bad with them.

🌸All the politics lover will definitely love this book .
🌸Omg... I was connected
Sayantani Das
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
>> Let You Be My Puppet Once is definitely an unique book of Indian Political Thriller.

>> The issue of Indian Politics and its harmful games is something that we are all aware of but this book has some different essence.

>> The author’s ability to keep the reader gripped till the end is something really appreciable.

>> The life of every character and every incidents are well described.

>> Some plots and parts were not necessary in the book. This made me little impatient and I felt like the book was
Diti Shah
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A group of friends decide to take a revenge against high profile politicians and expose them. What follows is a roller coaster ride that you would thoroughly enjoy and hold on to. Somewhere the story does become predictable but not for long. Each page does unveil something new and a different twist & turn. The author has left no loose ends and she has done a commendable job with the storyline. It has a typical Bollywood edge to it.
It indeed makes a refreshing read. Would recommend it to thrille
Kanwarpal Singh
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is second political thriller of the year that i love to read and that make my day .. The character were so good and well positioned and the thrill that story create make me take a sit back and read carefully, after Trust me not this book makes me feel love for thriller novel more.. and to author i am in love the character of Saima and Josh especially, and eagerly waiting for part 2 , take that Rana and Pratap through hell from the revenge story ......

Let you be my puppet once
Start with guy
Bodhisattya Pal
DETAIL REVIEW: http://bodhisattwapalreview.blogspot....

REVIEW: So this is basically a story of 4 MNC employed friends and their revenge on some renowned politicians and businessmen. I can't say more as I don't want to spoil the story line.

So the novel starts slowly, actually very slowly. It took a long time to enter the main story line. I mean that the mood and plot making is absolutely necessary but it was too slow. This type of start usually makes the reader impatient. The narration was straig
Runcil
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing is bad.

Most of the book is the intelligence agency trying to figure out where the central four are and how they are travelling. Whenever the book switches to that aspect of the central four, it’s uninteresting because the central four don’t seem to have any challenges facing them. They seem to have good hacking skills, good make-up talent, great underworld contacts, superb acting skills, etc. They hardly face a single challenge.

Also, the book starts off very slow. The book is initia
Tarun Hansen
"Let You be My Puppet Once" is a thriller about a group of four college-aged kids who enact a plan of revenge against a couple of politicians and consequently become fugitives of the law. I looked forward to reading this book as I found it on the list of top political thriller books on bookriot.com.

Sadly, this book is a huge letdown. The writing is really bad. I'm willing to give the author, Preetika Mehra, the benefit of the doubt; the quality may be the result of a muddled translation. It's a
Pritha Sarkar
Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

Book: Let You Be My Puppet Once
Author: Preetika Mehra
Paperback: 326 pages
Publisher: Notion Press, Inc.; 1st edition (21 April 2018)
Format: Kindle
Price: 107.38
Ratings: ***/5*

Note: I received a copy of this book through the BOOK GENIE REVIEW PROGRAM."
Link: https://www.instagram.com/thebookgenie/

Preetika Mehra’s debut novel ‘Let You Be My Puppet Once’ a political thriller which questions our system and digs out many unsaid facts which prevails in
MANVI NARANG
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"A flash of sunlight on his face, high heartbeat and sounds of some steps outside in the corridor. Fading surroundings, rotating ceiling, shivering and quivering, he got up...."

Rating:⭐⭐⭐.5 / 5

Let you be my puppet once by Preetika Mehra is one hell of a political roller coaster with well-thought out twists and plot changes. The book basically deals with a variety of themes and is overall a wonderful confluence of love, unscrupulous politics, revenge, corruption, murder and what not.

Blurb:-

Losing
Audriza Banerjee
A story about four friends - Saima, Vedica , Karan and Josh. Also a story of three powerful people - Swaraj, Pratap and Rana and there useless, spoiled and goon like children - Kapil, Suraj and Zoravar. The first chapter itself gives a sense of something impending and ominous to happen. Just when the four were shaping their lives in Mumbai, back in Lucknow Saima's sister Meghna gets savagely murdered. Being known for a really likeable nature nobody could understand why would anyone on Earth kill ...more
Kaustav Mallick
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I received a copy of this book through the BOOK GENIE REVIEW PROGRAM."
The book is a political thriller which is based on the fact how political leaders, by using their powers, manipulate the system according to their wishes.
The story is about how Saima and her four friends- Josh, Karan, Meghna and Vedica avenge the death of Meghna, Saima's sister and the wrong doings done by the corrupt leaders. Meghna was too sweet a girl to be murdered and the system too corrupted to be controlled.
Their pl

• Tarikshir: The Awakening
  • Daredreamers: A Start-up of Superheroes
  • Men and Dreams in the Dhauladhar
  • The Last Attractor Of Chaos
  • The Code of Manavas (Maha Vishnu Trilogy #1)
  • Hope and Sunshine
  • Once Upon an IAS Exam
  • ENDURER A Rape Story
  • And We Walked Away
  • Seductive Affair
MBA from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi, Economics Graduate from the University of Delhi. Currently working with an MNC. Since childhood, have been passionate about social structures, economic policies and philosophy, analyzing and finding connections in all of them. In free time, love reading and learning about
Zodiac signs, practicing yoga, and cooking.

News & Interviews