Start by marking “The Redirection of Damien Sinclair (A Pine Bluff Novel #4)” as Want to Read:
The Redirection of Damien Sinclair (A Pine Bluff Novel #4)

The Redirection of Damien Sinclair

(Pine Bluff #4)

Damien Sinclair has witnessed more than his share of love's ugly aftermath—first as a child of quarreling parents and these days as an acclaimed divorce attorney. His solution? Control. From his immaculate, organized penthouse to his monochromatic wardrobe to his refusal to let anyone get too close, Damien is master of all he sees… Or so he thinks. Then an attempt on his l ...more
Published September 14th 2018 (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Redirection of Damien Sinclair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Redirection of Damien Sinclair

Jennifer Lane
The Reunion of Rich Boy and Servant Girl

The Pine Bluff series features a fun, varied group of twenty-somethings living in small town Alabama. I love how each character has unique quirks and life circumstances. In the fourth installment, cranky attorney Damien fights off his budding attraction to his childhood sweetheart, Harley. It's the reunion of the over-responsible boy and the little girl with stars in her eyes.

Damien's wealthy family employed Harley's parents as cook and butler. Damien, his
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Earlier this year, I read the second book of the Pine Bluff series, The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie. At the time I knew I’d go on to pick up other installments because it was clear that Nancee Cain had created several interesting residents of the small Alabama town that serves as the setting. She has cleverly set up a multitude of story possibilities and when I read the premise of The Redirection of Damien Sinclair, I was intrigued.

The story begins in an Atlanta courtroom, where divorce attorn
Eunice J
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Each book in the Pine Bluff series keeps getting better and better. Damien Sinclair is my new book boyfriend. A handsome man, who likes things to be in order. Harley is his childhood friend and so not about keeping things in order. Their story is so special and sweet. The underlying theme is PTSD and how to cope. A great love story with a message that can help anyone who's experienced a tragic event in their lives. Pick up a copy, in fact, read this series!
Nancee Cain
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
First they were friends... then they were lovers... and then the wanker went back to college breaking her heart. When Damien faces his darkest hour, Harley returns, and his world will never be the same.
Joyce Pennington
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damien Sinclair a well established divorce attorney thinks he has everything under control in perfectly organized life. Nope not a chance. A horrific attempt on his life sends him into a spiraling mess of uncontrollable chaos. Stripped raw and vulnerable Damien has no idea how to recover from the crippling effects of his current and dark situation!

Then a blast from his past steps into this current nightmare threatening to bring sunshine and hope. Harley Taylor a childhood friend and prankster is
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I am not a sweet man, nor have I ever been a sweet man. I'm a bastard through and through. Don't ever forget it." ~ DS

Oh Pine Bluff, I love everything about you and every installment gets better and better. I wish I could send everyone a copy of this series, because you seriously don't know what you're missing. This installment, the Redirection of Damien Sinclair, is a second chance romance that will exceed the boundaries of your expectations.

Damien Sinclair is a divorce attorney. You know the
Becky Baldridge
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think I have a favorite couple in this series, along comes another one to compete for that top spot. I'll admit I wasn't sure about this one. When we met Damien in the last Pine Bluff novel, he was the rigid, follow the rules, older brother to Angel, and I didn't find him all that likable. However, Harley is everything Damien is not and exactly what he needs in his life. There's plenty of head-butting and loads of sexual chemistry and tension between this pair as they work their way ...more
Laura Voss
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nancee has created a community of lovable, flawed characters. Angel is my favorite male character of the series so far. I believe I have already claimed him as mine. Harley has to be my favorite female character. She is so full of life an spunky with just the right amount of flaws to make her not over the top nice. Damien is very structured and suborn. When disaster strikes it shakes up his controlled life and sends him reeling. Growing up with Damien the two have a past that's unfinished, but i ...more
Michele
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well Nancee did it again. She takes you on this great journey of love that is so relatable and realistic. You know the story wealthy boy and the girl (who's parents are the help) fall in love but of coarse parents get involved and you know what happens.  Yet this book is so much more than a second chance at love.  This is about growth of not only the two main characters but of their families as well. This book is about the strength of a young woman who won't give up on the man she loves even whe ...more
Chrissyvs
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nancee Cain blew this one out of the water!! I LOVE how this story grabs you from the get to!! Damien and Harley have been friends since they were kids.....which turned into something else for about a minute. They however find themselves thrown together 10 years later, where you realize that things were never really over, or dealt with, that the attraction is still there!! Second chances has ALWAYS been one of favorite types of romance and this story is just that.
These two never had a chance to
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Redirection of Damien Sinclair is book four in the Pine Bluff series but it can be read as a standalone. I read The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (Book 5) first and then decided to read this one. Damien grew up with Harley. Harley's parents worked for Damien's family. Damien is now a successful divorce attorney. He's is not a fan of getting married. After having a won a case he finds himself in a bad situation that leaves him struggling. Harley is there to help. Harley has always had a crush on ...more
Gin
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Terrific second-chance romance with amazing characters. This is my first read from this series and it was so good I’m going to read the others. The wonderful town is a character in the story as much as the fabulous humans. I loved Harley, the wild child of the past and present. She comes storming back to town ready to shake things up or at least one upright lawyer. Childhood friend Damien is said lawyer that’s suffering from recent events. These two had a childhood romance that the parents ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in this phenomenal series, and is Damien and Harley’s turn. Damien is always in control of his life, even when he is struggling with PTSD. Harley and Damien have a history, and this free spirit appoints herself as his caregiver, and she certainly shakes up his quiet life. This is another beautifully written story from this exceptional author, and this story is humorous, and with suspense which all lead to a heart-warming read. I was totally captivated throughout this addi ...more
Denise
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well she did it again!! I have read the entire series, I fell in love with the characters that Nancee has created, and every time I say I found my new favorite couple, she throws me for the loop! Harley and Damien were a whirlwind, well at least Harley is. My emotions played high on this, one minute I was frustrated, the next pissy, then sad, then totally thrilled and laughing at her silly pranks. Thank you Nancee for giving me the opportunity to read this, as always you never disappoint. I look ...more
Monica
Shelves: arc-review
4,5 * for me

Damn! Damien is very much like me, the responsible old guy, in my case girl.
I know exactly his frustration about separations, he is a divorce attorney, hell my parents have their divorce at the age of 70... I'm still traumatized, it's been a year.

Love and caring has not been in his vocabulary for a long time but as Harley arrives, his teen sweet heart, his vocabulary might change. No worries like in their past, but obstacles still linger. I hope they can make it.

If you want to know
Carrie
Shelves: romance
Nancee's latest Pine Bluff novel has it all! I loved the characters I'd already met in previous books but it's a great stand alone story. Damien and Harley have fantastic chemistry if they will just give into the inevitable. Their journey is filled with joy and heartbreak and is a story that stays with the reader long past the last page.
Denise Fisher
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book! Read it as fast as I could. I've read them all and loved them.

Don't miss this great read. Suspenseful all the way..kept me really guessing! Read all Nancee's books. You will love them. Her characters really come alive. I can't wait for the next promised book!!!
Tiffany
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am Loving Damien, he comes across as this cold, hard....well A-hole, but really hes got this huge scared and bruised heart. I love how Harley is rocking his world and bringing color(Harley red to be exact) into his monochromatic life.
Jo Dawson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Damien and Harley took me on a wild ride; the dips, the turns, the highs and lows, just wow. I really loved this story and enjoyed the interplay between the characters, and dang did it have a few hot spots too!!
Chantell Reid
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m mad. Mad that it’s over. Mad that I couldn’t pace myself to have something to read later. Seriously. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down.

Sometimes it’s hard to see second chances for what they are. Life gets in the way and can steer you in the wrong direction if you aren’t paying attention. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, Fate will step in and give life a hard push out of the way.

I love the glimpses of previous characters in the the series.

Cain never disappoints. I have read and own everyt
Judy Upton
Oct 29, 2018
Jennifer Blackburn-Smith
Must read for this series! Don't miss out on Damien's story!!

I would highly suggest you read the whole series, but Nancee Cain has done it again with this book! Oh my goodness I don't even know what to say. I mean besides I love love love absolutely love this book and this series as a whole!!! She has molded these wonderful masterpieces from clay and she calls them the Pine Bluff series!!
I love how in this book in particular Damien has a pretty nicely controlled lifestyle and seems to be doing
Chele
Sep 14, 2018 added it
Damien appears like a hard nosed wanker, but there's a reason. Harley appears to be flighty and can't hold a job. They were friends , then more, then it was over. After a traumatic event , Harley comes in , to take care of Damien, Will he let Harley stay around long enough for her to find out what the reason was that split them up , or will he continue to shut her out . Join Damien and Harley as they figure out , what they are going to do next.
5 stars and a recommendation to all
Annie Dyer
Aug 29, 2018
Itzel
Aug 30, 2018
During the day, Nancee Cain works as a nurse/counselor in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge.

Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list qualifies her as a certifiable book

Pine Bluff (5 books)
  • The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (A Pine Bluff Novel, #1)
  • The Redemption of Emma Devine (A Pine Bluff Novel, #2)
  • The Rehabilitation of Angel Sinclair
  • The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)