Start by marking “Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating” as Want to Read:
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  12,934 ratings  ·  2,575 reviews
Most men can’t handle Hazel. With the energy of a toddler and the mouth of a sailor, they’re often too timid to recognize her heart of gold. New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Christina Lauren (Roomies, Beautiful Bastard) tells the story of two people who are definitely not dating, no matter how often they end up in bed together.

Hazel Camille Bradford k
Published September 4th 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating, please sign up.
Lorie Yes. Everyone in his family speaks Korean.
Mary Beth I’m not an expert on what belongs in a high school library but as a parent I’d say no. I wouldn’t describe this as YA (the characters are in their…moreI’m not an expert on what belongs in a high school library but as a parent I’d say no. I wouldn’t describe this as YA (the characters are in their late twenties). There are some pretty steamy sex scenes. (less)

Melissa
If pure FUN is what you’re after, look no further than Josh and Hazel. Theirs is a love story riddled with enough comedic relief to inspire bouts of couch-shaking laughter, earning side-eye from drowsy felines and leading my husband to question, “are you all right over there?” More than all right, I was a giddy and giggly gal, smitten with this dynamic duo and their quirky quest for love.

It’s been a while since I’ve picked up a Christina Lauren and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. For
Christy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars!!!

photo IMG_1792_zpszzkxjtrl.png

I've read several of Christina Lauren books and I can say with the utmost confidence that this is their best book to date. It's by far my favorite of theirs. There wasn't one thing I didn't love about it. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating is the epitome of opposites attract. It's one of the best friends to lovers story I've ever read and I loved it so much!! I have no doubt it will be one of my favorite reads of 2018.

Hazel Bradford is a bit of a weirdo, and I mean that in the be
Chelsea Humphrey
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Melanie
Shelves: from-publisher
Happy Pub Day!!!

"I realize that finding the perfect person isn't going to be easy for me because I'm a lot to take," she says, "but I'm not going to change just so that I'm more datable. At the end of the day, being myself is enough. I'm enough."

I related to this book on a spiritual level. Duo Christina Lauren's brand of humor was so on point in this novel, it felt like they had written it specifically for me as a reader. I can't express how uplifting and enjoyable of an experience I had reading
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳Quirkiness, fun double dates, sexy times that became unexpected, everything combined together to bring two individuals that are beyond different but definitely meant to be...

➳When one starts reading a romance novel by my favorite duo Christina Lauren, one should know that you will forever love the story no matter what. When one reads romance stories, you expect a trope to take into place. No matter what, this new stand-alone filled with fun adventures between two best friends, has every retro
Warda
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read this twice now. Once in September and then again in October. I loved reading it just as much as the first time, but probably more now.
Actually, I know I love it more than the first time I read it, because my feelings towards it intensified tenfold. This book is literal happiness. Characters so good, so pure and so alive in my head, I couldn’t get enough!

————————————————

WTF is this cuteness that I’ve just read?! I mean, I’m overly happy. My heart is more or less glowing.

Sign me up for
Melanie

ARC provided by Simon & Schuster in exchange for an honest review.

“The world seems full of men who are initially infatuated by our eccentricities, but who ultimately expect them to be temporary.”

Most of you know that I’m a pretty big fan of Christina Lauren! Autoboyography is now one of my favorite books of all-time. And friends, I really enjoyed this book and it made me so unreasonably happy! Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating is set in Oregon and is honestly one of the cutest frien
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Netgalley for supplying me with a free e-arc in exchange for an honest review!

4.5 Stars

UMM..... THIS WAS SO GOOD!!

I told myself I wouldn't read anymore Christina Lauren because I thought Roomies was a bit bland and not up my alley, but this one just sounded cute so I broke my own rule and WOW I'M SO GLAD I DID THIS IS A NEW FAVORITE OF THE YEAR!

The main thing I love about this book is the main character. She's cute and quirky and fun without trying too hard to be ~different~. She's au
Larry H
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always enjoyed romantic comedies at the movies, but I've never really been a fan of them in book form. But sometime over the last year I found the writing duo that calls themselves Christina Lauren. I was absolutely wowed by Autoboyography (see my review) last year, and then earlier this year I fell for Love and Other Words (see my review), and that will be one of my favorite books of 2018.

Who is this man that I've become?

I don't know, but after reading their newest book, Josh and Haze
Meredith
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive
3.5

Fun, fluffy friends to lovers to soulmates story with a bit of an edge.

Hazel first me Josh in college when she propositioned him at a frat party and then proceeded to puke on his shows. They have some embarrassing run-ins afterward, but it isn’t until 10 years after college that they are reunited. Hazel is a lot to handle--she’s loud, a little weird, oftentimes says the wrong thing, and fully embraces those she loves. Hazel is aware that she’s different and not everyone can handle her perso
KAS
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read by this dynamic writing duo, and I was extremely impressed. Their writing style is addictive and their witty, humorous characters are ones you won’t forget. It was simply an unputdownable read!

”I can honestly say without question I have never known anyone else like you.”

 ”So completely undatable?”

 ”Something like that.”

Josh and Hazel completely melted my heart. Although they have absolute polar opposite personalities, they become best friends, both knowing their relationship wil
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This would have been a full on 5 star read had it not been for the dramatic/unnecessary turn the plot took in the last quarter 🙃 although despite the weird ending, I did love the characters SO MUCH and their chemistry was just A+++++. But tbh I am so conflicted on how to rate this bc that ending was JDJSHSKAKSISJAJSJ WHY
Susanne Strong
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, rom-com
4 Stars.

A Fun, Quirky, Laugh out Loud Rom Com!

Hazel is quirky. She can’t help but say exactly what’s on her mind the second it pops up and boy does that get her into trouble. She even considers herself to be completely undatable. She is utterly fantastic, what can I say? Josh is somewhat low key and unassuming. He and his girlfriend don’t really do much of anything of when they are together. Perhaps that’s why she cheated on him.

Hazel and Josh met in college years ago - he was one of the few
Berit☀️✨
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
4.5 Fun Flirty Fabulous Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟💫

This! Book! What an absolutely adorable sweet and funny romcom with the perfect amount of steam and sizzle🔥

Hazel is being added to my book BFF list and might even have earned the top spot!!! Hazel is a friend you want by your side and somebody you wish you were more like... she had such a fabulous sense of who she was and was not willing to compromise herself for anyone... she had a heart of gold and a tremendous passion for life.... she was also loud, eccentri
April (Aprilius Maximus)
this is THE book of my life, plz excuse me while i hug this book to my chest for the next 10 years.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Available NOW!!

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, I fell in love again! My list of book boyfriends is quite long but damn, lately my list of heroines is rocking the charts.

I love, absolutely love, when a book builds your characters up, let’s us readers really get to know them. I love how this author duo can do just about anything with their stories and they are so good at telling their stories. It’s what I love most about them.

Josh & Hazel, meet in college. Have many run ins (most not good occu
Natasha Polis
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because I can't help but not rate a Christina Lauren book 5 stars! This one was wayyy too cute and just hilarious. Such lovable, flushed out characters, it's like coming home. That's the only way to describe their writing. You're laughing one moment and then YOUR HEART IS SO BIG A FULL OF JOY YOU JUST WANT TO BURST! Perfect weekend read!
Em Lost In Books
Third book that I have read from this author duo and now I can safely say that I enjoy reading their stories. Though this story was nowhere near cute as Autoboyography or touching as Love and Other Words but this was light and fun.

Josh and Hazel met first in the college. While Josh was epitome of a perfection for Hazel, Josh can not say the same thing about Hazel. Fast forward a decade and both met again as Hazel is best friends with Josh's sister. While Josh is happily dating someone, Hazel is
Melisa
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super fast, sexy, hilarious romp!

This was my first Christina Lauren book and it was just what I needed - some good old fashioned humor to brighten up my day. I haven’t laughed out loud at a book this hard for a long time. I absolutely flew through this book - there’s nothing like a good romcom to break up all the heavier reads.

Hazel, a highly eccentric and oh-so-funny woman, is going down as one of my favorite characters of all time. I couldn’t get enough of her and her over the top personali
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Such a fantastic story, this story was so addictive and I wish we could have more.I loved Hazel and Josh so much, the make the story special.For one more time Christina Lauren delivers a unique and original story.

description

I fall in love with the story and everything about Josh and Hazel, their awkward moments,their cute and sweet moments and the slow burn between them was something else.I laughed with them a lot.

This book make me have a smile on my face most of the time.If you are looking for a sw
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Sometimes your lack of filter kills me,” he says. “It’s not even like you lack a filter; you lack a funnel.”

Oh my gosh! I loved this book! If you're looking for a fun, quirky, put-a-smile-on-your-face-and-keep-it-there rom-com, this book is it! I was immediately hooked from the first page and stayed glued to my kindle until the end. It was the most fun I've had reading in a while! Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating was a refreshingly different take on friends to lovers and I loved e
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I know I’m drunk, and I know it’s Josh Im—the blueprint for Perfect, who should never want Hazel Bradford—but when it’s done, and he goes still over me, breathing heavily into my neck, I choose to melt into that sublime blur of pleasure, the way I used to think it might feel to live in a cloud.

Christina Lauren have once again, created a story that I have fallen head over heels in love with! JOSH & HAZEL’S GUIDE TO NOT DATING is a hilario
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
4.5 stars. Early on, life taught me that it would be fucking helpful to separate people into two groups:

Then as a teacher the "people I could like" perpetually end divided again into three groups:

People : Hazel is SO immature, she's stereotypical and really such an over-the-top annoyance, UNREALISTIC OHMYGOD
Me : 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
People : -and she's a teacher? What the fuck with that? I've known teachers, I went to school, so you can trust me when I say that they would never-
Me : 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
People : -a
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romance, ebooks
5 stars!!

Josh and Hazel have known each other since college when she vomited on his shoes. Hazel was the wild child and Josh always liked her but thought she was a bit too much.

Now years later the two of them meet up again and become the best of friends. Knowing they are both undate-able for each other, they set out on a series of double dates each more unfortun
Gabby
This book was cute as shit. Christina Lauren is a favorite author of mine, and I have to say this is my favorite book of theirs since Autoboyography. I loved it so much.

This is a romance that takes place in Portland, Oregon (which is another thing I loved.) It follows Hazel Bradfurd and Josh Im. They've known each other since college and she's embarrassed herself inf front of him a handful of times over the years. Now it takes place years later when she is an elementary school teacher, and he i
Bibi
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
Classic Christina Lauren, and a boatload of fun!
kat
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 3.5 star read.

Honestly, super fast and enjoyable (except for the end. to the end I screech "hell no" from the rooftops bc no thanks). Some of the jokes didn't land and the whole thing was a bit on the predictable side because there's no way I'm *that good*, but ultimately I had a nice time and that's really all I can ask for at this point.

ALSO, as a certified New Girl obsessed human, I can confirm that Hazel Bradford is basically Jessica Day. Maybe a little wilder in some ways, but I am
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

description

Are you looking for a rom-com?
Are you looking for a book that makes your face hurt from smiling?
Are you look for completely unique yet relatable characters?
Then Christina Lauren are your gals.

In this ridiculously funny opposites attract story, Hazel and Josh are friends turned sometimes lovers who think it's a great idea to set each other up on blind/double dates, all the while not realizing their scorching attraction to one another.

“I always thought I caught you in . . . a phase.”
Eryn
4 / 5

What an adorable and sometimes steamy read — and can I just say how much I love that Josh is Korean? Asian men are so handsome — I’m just saying.

Similar to my last read novel, I also picked this one up on a whim. But I think I should start doing that more often, since I’m noticing I enjoy my “random” reads more often than my planned ones. Look at me being all spontaneous — but let’s be honest, I probably won’t stop planning my reads. I’m too much of an organization freak.

And that was s
Theresa Alan
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an adorable love story about Hazel and Josh, who met in college when Hazel threw up on his shoes. Ten years later, they are both failing in their love lives, so they decide to try setting each other on dates and double dating. All the dates are varying degrees of disaster, but hanging out so much, a mutual attraction develops—but each thinks it’s only in his/her head, and the other person really wants someone else. We know this because the chapters alternate between Hazel and Josh’s poin ...more
Jonetta
Calling Hazel Bradford a free spirit is an understatement of an understatement. She’s impulsive, lacks verbal filters and reflects her personality in her design choices. When she first met Josh Im in college, she was awed by him but their first encounter was memorable for all the wrong reasons. It’s now ten years later and they meet again in surprising circumstances but this time become fast friends.

I’m a fan of friends-to-lovers stories and this one is best in class. Hazel is a force and her a
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more
“But at the end of the day", she says, and puts her hand outside the open window, letting the wind pass through her fingers, "being myself is enough. I'm enough.” 13 likes
“He smiles, but it’s not a smile I’ve ever seen before. It’s a dangerous smile; he’s a movie villain, the seductive one, the one who robs you but fucks you real good first.” 9 likes