Start by marking “Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth” as Want to Read:
Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth

Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth

Talk Triggers is the definitive, practical guide on how to use bold operational differentiators to create customer conversations, written by best-selling authors and marketing experts Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin.

Word of mouth is directly responsible for 19% of all purchases, and influences as much as 90%. Every human on earth relies on word of mouth to make buying decisions. Yet
Published October 2nd 2018 by Portfolio

To ask other readers questions about Talk Triggers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Triggers

Start your review of Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth
Lorilin
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, arc
The main point of this book is that your business's sales will increase if you give your customers a story (a talk trigger) to tell their friends and family. For example, people talk about The Cheesecake Factory 's exhaustive menu and Hilton Double Tree's warm cookies at check in. Give people a story to talk about, and they will market your brand for you.

The book outlines what counts as a talk trigger. Then it talks about how to create talk triggers, how to measure their success, and
Jami Lilo
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of good tips in here that can be applied to smaller businesses, however the examples in book are primarily huge chains. Well written and packed in a easy to digest format. I'd recommend for any business owner or brand manager for creating something special that will get talked about, can be repeated, and will last.
Arjen
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the greatest challenges for a brand.... I've been working on generating client referrals and social media buzz for our construction equipment for years in my current role. Reading this book has pushed me up a level in my determination! Key insight are to involve the whole team, and to also include the talking trigger subtlety in other marketing activities.
Nathan
Fantastic book. I help companies design experiences for their customers and far too often, they think that means nothing more than making the process faster and friendlier. But, if your goal is to get the process over as quickly as possible, that's just better service; not an experience. Too often, those businesses just make themselves less remarkable rather than more.

This book - along with its free online worksheets - gives you a way to avoid that trap; by designing something remark
Stan Skrabut
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Jay Baer has been making the podcast circuits with his new book, Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth . I found his interviews to be convincing enough to purchase the book. He definitely added to the conversation of branding with this book. What is the talk trigger for your business? Do you have one? This book will help you discover or create one. Read more
Marija Vaicaitiene
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author interviewed companies which demonstrates the best word of mouth cases, analyzed processes that lead to their talk trigger and found patterns how to make customers talk about any product or services. So this book is a very good step by step guide how to create talk triggers: how to get to the idea, how to make it happen, how to measure the results and how to keep customers talking forever.
My favorite examples of talk triggers:
* Oral surgeon who is calling (him selves) to all hi
Shannon
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Completed the audiobook in one sitting (windshield time). Good points, good examples, and actionable steps outlined in Section 4. The four requirements and five types of talk triggers were explained simply - making it easy to digest from every seat in an organization. As I was listening, I couldn’t help but think, “this is a purple cow.” Low and behold, they mentioned Seth Godin’s book a couple times. Regardless, it’s a good refresher for any sales/marketing/customer team and prompts you to spir ...more
Abbie Miller
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
So many business books are written in the same format: summary upfront and repeat with different words through the next 17 chapters. This book is unlike all those business books. Not only did the authors describe with detailed examples, methods and successes and failures the topic at hand, they went on to walk you through step by step (for real!) how to do it for your business. This, in and of itself, IS A TALK TRIGGER!! #winning
Even if you’re not looking to create a talk trigger for your compa
Madeleine Work
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book completely convinced of the power of talk triggers. The authors provide a sufficient number of case studies to get an idea for how talk triggers can play out in the real world and give aspiring "talk-triggerers" some food for thought. The last few chapters of the book also provide step-by-step instructions for how to plan, measure, and scale up talk triggers in your own business.

I found this book informative, inspiring, delightful -- and funny! The authors have a qu
Olli Kopakkala
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Hyvä opas Word of mouth-markkinoinnin aktivoimiseen.
Kannattaa keksiä jokin asia, mistä asiakkaat muistavat yrityksenne ja haluavat kertoa eteenpäin.

2/3 kirjasta on tosi hyvää kontenttia. On paljon hauskoja esimerkkejä. Sen jälkeen menee aika turhaksi asioiden toistamiseksi. Lopun vinkit on luokkaa "Pidä kokous ja miettikää miten saatte yrityksellenne oman "talk triggerin. Jos se ei toimi, keksikää uusi."

Lisäksi tässä ei hirveästi oteta huomioon turvallisuutta, mitä muissa sam
Mikhail Elizarev
Worth reading

As Zincer argued, the text must have only one idea to stick. this book definitely does have a huge idea in itself. Though I do find quite obvious almost all strategies and tactics here, the observation on 4 types of talk triggers and the idea of the talk triggers itself is sticky. Hope this book soon will be available in Russian so my colleges could read it .
Josh Patrick
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, business
I listened to this book and it was good enough where I now am going to buy the book in print version so I can highlight and use many of the suggestions in the book. If you're looking to build word of mouth about your business, this is a book you should READ and highlight so you remember what ideas you want to implement.
Dan Moyle
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of great examples of what it takes to exceed customer expectations and generate strategic, purposeful word of mouth marketing. Jay and Daniel have created something special here. I’ll be shouting this strategy from the rooftops for a long time.
Licinia Barrueco Kaliher
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The chapters are laid out so easy and quick read. You don’t need to teach chapters in order. The first half of the book really explains what are talk triggers. The second half I didn’t feel were as strong but provided framework on how to creat talk triggers
Felipe CZ
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A book about the importance of world-of-mouth. That is one of the best and cheapest (or free) ways to grow a business. So by crafting a talk trigger that makes your customers talk about you, according to your values, you will make a difference and stand out in a crowd.
Seth M Goldstein
A fantastic read. Worth the read. Jay and Dan really help you get an handle on getting WOM for your business.
Mark Bruk
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
i was expecting more than just telling me to be different all book long, okay some ideas were interesting and appliable to our business but the rest could of been written on one page.
Nick
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read that really got some gears turning for me. Every book I’ve read by Jay has been excellent and this is no exception. Already have some notes jotted down to pitch my team on Monday!
Eve
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
3.5/5
Michael
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
There are some good ideas here; however, the examples tend to be more geared toward B2C rather than B2B, and I'm more interested in B2B. I still think the author provides a useful framework.
Ruchin Gupta
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good one for marketing people
Lisa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read. Helpful for entrepreneurs.
Arturs Belevics
Jan 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Eureka Factor: Aha Moments, Creative Insight, and the Brain
  • Stories for Work: The Essential Guide to Business Storytelling
  • The Hero Factor: How Great Leaders Transform Organizations and Create Winning Cultures
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Storyworthy: Engage, Teach, Persuade, and Change Your Life through the Power of Storytelling
  • The Curse of Bigness: Antitrust in the New Gilded Age
  • Wise Guy: Lessons from a Life
  • Lost and Founder: The Mostly Awful, Sometimes Awesome Truth about Building a Tech Startup
  • Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • Fully Present: The Science, Art, and Practice of Mindfulness
  • Philosophy for Life: And Other Dangerous Situations
  • Best Self: Be You, Only Better
  • Be Fearless: 5 Principles for a Life of Breakthroughs and Purpose
  • Great at Work: How Top Performers Do Less, Work Better, and Achieve More
  • Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself
  • A Short History of Brexit: From Brentry to Backstop (Pelican Books)
  • Big Mistakes: The Best Investors and Their Worst Investments
  • Chief Joy Officer: How Great Leaders Elevate Human Energy and Eliminate Fear

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Jay Baer is the co-author of The NOW Revolution: 7 Shifts to Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More Social.

He is social media strategy consultant, and founder of the firm Convince & Convert, that works with leading companies and their agencies on social media integration.

His Convince & Convert blog is one of the world’s top English-language marketing resources, as was
“Remember, people rarely discuss adequate experiences.” 0 likes