Start by marking “Touch” as Want to Read:
Touch

Touch

One can’t walk the path of darkness and expect to escape unscathed.

At eighteen, Foster Erickson stepped out of the closet into a world of homelessness, prostitution, and drugs. Years later, he’s pulled it together and is ready to rebuild.

Determined not to let the demons win, Foster starts university with a plan to keep others from making the same mistakes he did. The last
Published March 2nd 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch

BWT (Belen)
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Diverse
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jenn for Diverse Reader

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is my first ever book by Remmy Duchene, but definitely not my last! I was pulled in from page one and the book never lost my attention.

Foster Erickson comes out of the closet at eighteen in a cruel world. He ends up a homeless prostitute with a drug problem. Foster is made of strong stuff and with some help, he is able to pull himself together. Foster is starting university and while not as young as most of
CrabbyPatty
Foster Erickson has had some really rough years and is now in college, finally getting his life together. Foster meets Sylvester Roberts in their psychology class and is interested in the other student. The two men begin a very tentative relationship, taking into account Foster's background and his haehophobia (fear of touch).

While the plot has potential, this novella just doesn't come together for me. Both men are older adult students; Sylvester has a lot of international business experience a
Andrea Ríos
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I believe this book had a lot of potential. The main characters, Sylvester and Foster find themselves with a second chance, a chance to be happy and to follow a path of their own making. Sylvester, a wealthy and successful businessman, returns to college to finally pursue the career he desires and Foster is finally getting back on his feet after having suffered an addiction and trauma.

Unfortunately all the depth that this novel hints at, both emotional and character wise is just not employed. T
Ali
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

This was a story that showed that when you really care and love someone that it will all work out in the end. Foster hasn’t had many good experiences since he was kicked out of his home at eighteen and is averse to being touched. Sylvester is finally doing what he wants and he can be very patient in that regard.

While I enjoyed this story and felt for the characters I didn’t feel any real connection to them, this
Tina
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touch by author Remmy Duchene is a very thoughtful and emotional read. I am just gonna start with the dedication to this book, it really touched my heart. I love how thoughtful Mr. Duchene is.
Foster: he has been homeless, a prostitute and drug user. Years later though he has pulled himself out of that and gotten his life together. He starts college wants to help people like himself one day.
Foster has been through a ton in this book and before. His parents are unsupportive, judgmental, and just m
RJefferies
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, this story was interesting. One of the thing is, I wish it was longer. The characters were well developed. There is a bit more angst within this story than other Remmy Duchene stories, which I appreciated. There are a couple hard subjects including rape. Now, this is not shown, it was mentioned as a part of one character's background. So don't worry, nothing to really trigger you. Sylvester was a darling and it's great to see POC's in a story like this. Foster, I just wanted to hug him unt ...more
Sylvia
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

♡ the bookcover!

The minute I started reading this story
I was hooked .
The prologue broke my heart and that Liam omg what
a nasty piece of work!
I was relieved that all the bad stuff and dark times happend off page
I don't think I could have handle knowing the exact details
The aftermath was enough...
I loved the slow burn between the Mc's
Sly was just perfect for Foster he was patient and really
understanding .

One can't walk the path of darkness
and expect to escape unscathed.

Wax
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have
I think that the story was pretty promising in showing what this author has to offer. Foster is a product of religious parents giving up on a gay son. He spent time on the streets and has pulled himself out of that life to attend university. While taking classes, he meets a fellow student who is older, and is instantly drawn to him. I liked how the romance was a slow burn due to Foster's touch issues. However, I really wish there had been more depth to the other MC.
Sandra Ribeiro
Ema
Apr 05, 2018
Maria
Aug 20, 2018
Remmy Duchene is a Canadian-hockey-watching-baseball-playing kind of guy. He loves walking in the rain and bugging his friends about his latest story ideas. Remmy believes that true love comes in all shapes, sizes, and sexualities. He is always saying "I'd rather see two gay people in love get married than two straight people that hate each other."