Start by marking “If You Only Knew Me” as Want to Read:
If You Only Knew Me

If You Only Knew Me

If You Only Knew Me is a story of friendship, passion and intrigue set in Dubai, arguably one of the world’s most exciting cities to live in.

Rupali, Anjali, Dipika, Sakina and Monica are five NRI women whose lives are glitzy and exciting as they flirt with high society within the charmed social circles frequented by the Dubai expat community. Beautiful homes, designer clot
Paperback, First, 166 pages
Published December 2017 by CinnamonTeal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about If You Only Knew Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Only Knew Me

Start your review of If You Only Knew Me
Sadhuvi
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do we really and fully know about a person who is close to us?? That person might be anybody – Our family, friends or co-workers, neighbors, etc..In this book, Author explains about how difficult it is to fully understand a person in our life..

We, human beings, are full of surprises and we may have our own dark secrets which we don’t easily reveal to others..It is difficult to trust a person completely as appearances may be deceptive..

Rupali, Anjali, Dipika, Sakina and Monica are five NRI women
Kavita
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story about five women who are expats in Dubai. They have known each other since 10 long years when all of them have grown in lifestyle from middle class to high society of Dubai. The bond of friendship and love has been there for so long but is trust there?
This story answers these very questions in a very powerful way. What happens to friendship sand relationships when money and power comes into play.
Loved the fast pace, visual narration of the places, the clothes and the expression
Ruchi Singh
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
‘All that glitters is not gold’—the proverb may sound very cliched, but is highly applicable to today’s world, more so to modern, upper classes. Everyone is busy showing off their happiness in terms of money and possession in this materialistic society. The one-upmanship hides the insecurities and loneliness of human beings, which all the more pushes them towards their doom.

‘If You Only Know Me’ focuses on this very aspect of modern society. Rupali, Anjali, Dipika, Sakina and Monica; are bosom f
Arti
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
The author takes the reader from a simple story of friendship of five girls to a thriller full of suspense and lot many other things. She has described the characters in detail making it easy for the reader to picturise them. She has also described Dubai in detail with all its malls and other places.
The story is simple and interesting and moves at a fast pace and the reader is compelled to read it without keeping the book down as he/she wants to know WHODUNNIT?
Enjoyed the book.
Vithya
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
As Part of The Book Club Blog Tour, the Publisher sent the copy for a honest and unbaised review.

How well do we know our friends and family?.. How transparent are we in our close relationships?. how much are we willing to reveal and share our deep secrets with a BFF or even a spouse?.

This story forces us to ponder and question ourselves and emphasizes the importance of communication in any relationship.

Anjali Sen, Rupali jahangir, Monica Kapur, Sakina choudhary and Dipika Luthra are NRI’s and c
Dagny
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
My rating for the book is 4.0/5.0.

Disclaimer: Thanks to the author for a review copy of the book in lieu of an honest review. I was not paid or otherwise compensated in any way for this review.

If You Only Knew Me by Divyata Rajaram is a multi-layered story of five expat women living in Dubai. Their lives are glamorous, living as they do at the higher echelons of Dubai’s Indian society. The women are friends, even good friends. Despite their apparent friendship though, there are threads of riva
Geeta Nair
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fresh storyline with a twist that’s sure to take the reader by surprise is how one can describe Divyata Rajaram’s ‘If You Only Knew Me. ‘

Interesting, engaging and enlightening, ‘If You Only Knew Me’ reveals the soft and hard sides of human behavior. It also helps one understand how friendship among the most unlikely too is a possibility and how it works. The book is a grim reminder of the fact that looks are deceptive and the most hostile face can have a heart of gold, while the innocent lamb ca
A.
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
We all have a group of friends, whom we have met through various stages of life. Some stay, while some get replaced. Those who stay with us throughout, we assume that we know about them inside out. But sometimes, when a particular situation arises, we feel that person is not the person we knew but is some stranger.

If Only You Knew Me deals with something similar. This book has a unique blend of friendship, relationships, love, betrayal, suspense, and mystery.

The story is about five women who h
Sundari Venkatraman
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is set in Dubai and revolves around five BFFs, namely Rupali, Anjali, Dipika, Sakina and Monica. While one is a diva married to a tycoon, the second is a fashion maven. The third is a sworn single who’s never had a love interest while the fourth finds her husband of fifteen years a bore. The last one appears to have it all, being beautiful physically and mentally, with an adoring boyfriend of six years.
All five NRI women have made Dubai a home away from home and seem to have it all. Bu
Inderpreet Uppal
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
If You Only Knew Me is a reminder that friendships and friends are not what they seem. A city full of glamour and gaiety, luxury personified is home to five friends who have been together for years. The friends slowly start finding the true nature of their friends when adverse incidents happen.

The author has made the book interesting with extramarital affairs, deception, cheating and drugs. Even though the place is Dubai it could well be Bombay or New Delhi. The added advantage of the book was t
Fatma Sajwani
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing light read that is reflects a lot on reality. makes you actually wonder how well do you know people you consider 'friends'? ...more
Parvez
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Though the book has decent plot, the writing style is poor. Two notches below Chetan Bharat
Rmsriram
May 03, 2019
Rahila Mirza
Aug 21, 2020
Anum Ali Hasan
rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2018
Divyata Rajaram
Feb 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Floryie
Jul 22, 2020
Pramod Modavathodi
Jun 16, 2019

• My House in Damascus: An Inside View of the Syrian Revolution
  • MATSYA: The First Avatar (Dashavatar, #1)
  • Happy Ever After: Escaping The Myth of The Perfect Life
  • 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World
  • ها هو اليتيم بعين الله
  • Lolita (Bad Girls #1)
  • الطريق إلى الله
  • Killer Moves
  • More Unfairy Tales (Carthick's Unfairy Tales Book 2)
  • Groomnapped (The Groom Series #1)
  • Falling In Love With Cupid (A mytho-fiction Romance Series Book 1)
  • The Magician: A contemporary women's fiction standalone romance
  • The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)

News & Interviews