Start by marking “The Good, the Bad, and the Merc (The Revelations Cycle #8)” as Want to Read:
The Good, the Bad, and the Merc (The Revelations Cycle #8)

The Good, the Bad, and the Merc

(The Revelations Cycle #8)

Even more authors and stories. Still the same bestselling universe.

It’s the Twenty-Second Century. Humanity has taken its first steps into the galaxy, and we’ve found ourselves in a vast playground of alien races, environments, and cultures. As the newest players on the universal stage, though, our position is readily apparent—we’re at the bottom of the food chain.

Welc
Published November 14th 2017 by Seventh Seal Press

To ask other readers questions about The Good, the Bad, and the Merc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good, the Bad, and the Merc

Start your review of The Good, the Bad, and the Merc (The Revelations Cycle #8)
Pat Patterson
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is mostly the same material you'll find on my Amazon post.
If you read the review on Amazon, please click the 'helpful' button. I'm trying to recover from a rather harsh series of days starting in August and extending into November.

Close examination of my Amazon review reveals that I presented 10 'notable stories,' singled two out for exceptional praise, and said nothing about six. What's my justification for that?

It's all a matter of taste. None of those stories were awful; if they had been
Victor Ward
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good entry in the series that expands on the various facets of the Four Horsemen universe. It doesn't deviate far from the formula - that humans are the successful underdogs of a universe that wants them removed. It provides good entertainment but it would be nice to some plotline progression.

On a side note, the confusion of Deepik social structure comes to a head here as different examples of how that structure might be is given in the stories
John Davies
This is the third and final (so far!) anthology for the Four Horseman Universe. This one is probably the best one so far. It's got excellent stories, and some of them lead onto books that are being released now, or are about to be released.
This universe is expanding at a rapid rate, and with a current release rate of at least one book a month, and possibly more, it's going to keep going for a long time.
Bill
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed all the stories; it's fun to get different POVs in the 4HU. My favorites were The Last Dragon (Maggert), Hero of Styx (Diaz), Velut Luna (Smith), Vvremya (Wandrey), The Last Guardsman (Osborn), Unto the Last Stand Fast (Hampson), Under the Skin (Wolf), Angels and Aliens (Osborne), and Lessons (Ezell). ...more
Kevin
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun collection of short stories for the 4HU

Been reading and enjoying the short story format for the last few 4HU books I've read, and this one is no exception. Interesting collection of stories which help fill out the universe and keep one reading to learn more. Starting to see overlaps with other books I have read, which is cool.
Preston  Dannelley
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PLEASE don't let this be the last!

When Man-Kzin Wars was thought to be ended, it continued to expand to 14 books. Please allow the 4BY to go on and develop and expand and reach its full potential? I have learned to love this series and wish all of you the success you so richly deserve.
Nathan
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2019, sci-fi
I'm normally pretty ambivalent about short story collections and seldom rate them higher than a 3. 4 if they are awesome. In this case, I'm throwing a 5 out there because the individual quality of each of the stories was fantastic as a whole, and kept me turning pages throughout. That's something that only a good novel does for me most of the time.

Well done!
Mia R.
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Good, the Bad, and the Merc fills out the Four Horsemen Universe even more. You get to see more of the "regular" people who populate the universe, a couple of stories about the assassin race, Dupiks, as well as missions undertaken by some of the smaller human mercenary companies.

All of the stories are a great addition to the 4HU and a must-read for any fan.
Andy Riedel
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More cracking shorts!

All of the stories are worth reading and some.of them are right gems.
I love this series and it's good to come across some characters that have made it back into this volume!
Also pleased that my surname appears as a characters!
And I'll never look at my cats the same way!
Ann Zdunczyk
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great tails!!

Leave you wanting more as it ends. Hope there will be more much more!! Can’t wait to see what comes next!!!
anil singh
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mercs

Fantastic anthology of stories that appeal to fans of the series. Chris and Kacey are masters of their craft. Can't wait for more in this universe.
John
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed some of the stories in this book and some were on well lets just get this story done
Ron Clark
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Anthology

The world is awesome. Virtually three anthologies in a row is something of a stretch. I like and support multiple authors. Something here is missing.
Stanley G Dau
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this universe!

This is a fertile universe for storytelling. Lots of good stories in this collection and I expect many more. Definitely recommend.
David Beck
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this collection was a little long, there were some great stories in there that filled in the back stories of the books somewhat, but there were also a few clunkers.
Kevin Beck
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good stories for the most part. A few seem to have the same ending "and everybody dies". ...more
Thomas
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best collection yet!!!

This is by far the best collection of short stories for the 4HU yet! Each story is well written and mind grabbing! Such a good read!!
Joe Jungers
A collection of short stories set in the Four Horsemen shared universe.

James Boltin
Jun 20, 2019
Andrew Sivula
Jun 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Fiery Sunset (The Omega War Book 1)
  • Stand or Fall (The Omega War Book 4)
  • Sinclair's Scorpions (The Omega War #5)
  • Do No Harm (The Omega War Book 9)
  • The Midnight Sun (The Omega War Book 2)
  • A Pale Dawn (The Omega War Book 8)
  • Sons of the Lion (The Omega War Book 11)
  • Dark Moon Arisen (The Omega War Book 3)
  • Dirty Deeds (The Omega War Book 6)
  • Alabaster Noon (The Omega War Book 12)
  • Deathangel (The Omega War Book 10)
  • Storm Clouds (The Guild Wars Book 1)
  • When the Axe Falls (The Omega War Book 7)
  • Between Two Worlds (The Guild Wars Book 2)
  • With Your Shield
  • Redacted Affairs (Rise of the Peacemakers #1)
  • Endless Night (The Guild Wars Book 3)
  • Weaver (Four Horsemen Tales #2)
A Webster Award winner and three-time Dragon Award finalist, Chris Kennedy is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author, speaker, and small-press publisher who has written over 30 books and published more than 200 others. Get his free book, “Shattered Crucible,” at his website, https://chriskennedypublishing.com.

Called “fantastic” and “a great speaker,” he has coached hundreds of beginning authors and bud

The Revelations Cycle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cartwright's Cavaliers (The Revelations Cycle #1)
  • Asbaran Solutions (The Revelations Cycle #2)
  • Winged Hussars (The Revelations Cycle #3)
  • The Golden Horde (The Revelations Cycle #4)
  • A Fistful of Credits (The Revelations Cycle #5)
  • Peacemaker (The Revelations Cycle #6)
  • For a Few Credits More (The Revelations Cycle #7)
  • CASPer Alamo (The Revelations Cycle #9)
  • Alpha Contracts (The Revelations Cycle #10)
  • Assassin (The Revelations Cycle #11)