Start by marking “The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five

The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five

With newsfeeds full of perfect pouts, hot-dog legs and the self-proclaimed hashtag-blessed, it’s hard not to feel inadequate. How has everyone figured out how to live their best life except you?

That’s what Kylie wants to know. She thought she would spend her twenty-fifth birthday having a mini-break not a mini-breakdown. After an evening of finger-food and snide remarks, K
Published December 27th 2017 by Crooked Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five

Tammy
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it - What a wonderful debut novel! A fun story that delves into the lives of two best friends, Alexa and Kylie.. their longtime friendship is in question over misinterpretation’s while experiencing a quarter life crisis. Life is about growth + change, and how we handle it — this is a unique story on how we interpret expectations and pressure on oneself.
A fab book for twenty-something readers, or anyone that enjoys a great story! 5 ☆🌼

Karlita | Tale Out Loud
Behind every successful woman is herself...,
and beside every successful woman is her best friend.
Kylie Louise Lee thought how her priorities gone wrong. She was decisive, adventurous and have a raw spirit. But at twenty-five, she didn't still have a solid career, no boyfriend and no mortgage to pay. With her mom, Marie, constantly nagging on her about what kind of life she has, she felt her life was so depressing and thought that she was on the wrong side of twenty-five.

While Alexa Jane Chapma
ItaPixie
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five was a nice read that kept my interest throughout the book.

Kylie and Alexa are two good characters,their struggling and uncertainties of the future are so relatable.I'm sure I've met them during my life and I'm even more sure I was like them at some point in my life.

I really liked Kate Armitage writing style.I've enjoyed her words that in their simplicity deliver a strong message of self-worth and uniqueness.
There isn't a precise age to fulfill our dreams but we don

Heidi Catherine
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really funny - as in it's real and it's funny. It has short chapters alternating between the two main characters' points of view. I found myself saying 'just one more chapter' over and over again and before I knew it I'd inhaled this book in a day. The characters are true to life, the writing is easy to read and the message it leaves you with is uplifting and powerful. Highly recommended.
Isabella May
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging, punchy and brilliant

A fabulous debut from Kate Armitage. I literally could not put this book down. The author captures the raw essence of how life feels as we reach that quarter of a century landmark and portrays it with stunning effect via Kylie and Alexa and the many twists and turns in their friendship. A unique coming-of-age story... and an author who is definitely one to watch!
Jess Moore
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, romantic
I knew by the second page, I would love this book. It is real and relatable. It is hilarious as well as heart wrenching.

Of the two, I'm an Alexa. She seems to have her act together, sweet and organized, things looking up in her life. Or are they?

Kylie, bless her, is a wreck. I love my friends like her because I can live vicariously through their excitement and chaos. I spent most of the book worried over her continued downward spiral ... but don't lose hope Kylie, things will look up for you.
Susan Roebuck
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful new voice in writing. I loved the banter between best friends Kylie and Alexa. This is a book about how deep friendships can go, about misunderstandings, and finding the right man. I really enjoyed it.
Sandra
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. As someone who has a significant birthday approaching (not 25, I’ve done that one already) I am also questioning how everyone seems to have their lives together except me,  so the blurb for this book resonated quite strongly with me and my life at the moment.
This is a fun read while addressing an important question.  What do you do when you reach 25 and your life is not what you thought it would be? An important question because for so many, they ask themselves this
Sara
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

I can’t speak for the life experience of all twenty-somethings, but I felt as though Kylie and Alexa really showcased what women in that age bracket go through, at least from my own viewpoint. I can recall not feeling as though I was where I wanted to be at twenty-five, that I wasn’t as successful or accomplished as I felt I should have been. That there were a lot of expectations and pressure put upon me to “grow up” and “prepare for the fu
Rose McClelland
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author has a witty and fresh new voice which was apparent even as early as the acknowledgements page. Her writing style is young, funny and insightful. She writes in short, sharp chapters which are a joy to fly through. Yet she also manages to intricately describe characters, their worlds, their relationships, their friendships and their work situations, in a way which makes you feel you know them inside out.
Nicola
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book for review but my opinions are my own.

I think every female at some point has had some sort of midlife crisis I know I certainly did. I had a plan in my head of what I thought my life would be like when I was 25. I think this is why I found this book so relatable.

I loved both main characters Kylie and Alexa and could identify with them both at various points throughout the book.

If you are looking for a lighthearted read that reminds you of your early twenties then this is t
Linda
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although this book is probably aimed at 20 to 30 year olds, it’s funny, observant and I wanted to know what happened to the characters. Well written, great characters you actually like and a good story.
Arielle Deltoro
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five is a story about two young women in their mid-20s. When they begin worrying that their lives aren’t what they thought they would be by 25 they begin to wonder what they're doing wrong. Although the two have vastly different personalities, neither of the girls have boyfriends and they're both in jobs that don't make them happy. In addition to battling their new problematic ages, they fall out with one another. During the time they spend apart they learn about themsel ...more
Cy Forrest
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An impressive debut by Kate Armitage

The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five is the story of the tempestuous relationship between university friends beautiful Kylie and frumpy Alexa. It’s a relationship that makes chaotic only-child Psychology graduate Kylie paranoid. Her celebrity name reflects her mum’s obsessive ambition for her daughter, yet Kylie constantly fails to meet family expectations. Alexa is Kylie’s anxious sensible loveless admin assistant friend who’s walked all over at work. However, her e
Lauren-Amy Cook
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kate is an amazing writer, I was lucky enough to find her in a writing group looking for someone in my age group to beta read her novel.

I immediately fell in love with both Kylie and Alexa, seeing bits of myself in them.

This novel definitely captures the feeling of uncertainty that you feel in your 20s

Such an amazing read!

Hoping for a sequel
Anna
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Couldn’t put it down!
Linda Balan
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Practical things every 23+ damsel undergoes, yet depicted very intensively wit sarcasm.

When you are 25, it’s not the boyfriend but the best friend is the necessary stuff tat helps for survival.

Good read though!!
Trisha Howard
Jun 24, 2018
mark hughes
Dec 29, 2017
Kate Armitage is a writer from England who has three cats, two children and one husband. She lives an alarmingly conventional life which surprises everyone who speaks to her for more than five minutes. She spends her days knee-deep in play-doh and spends her nights elbow deep in manuscripts. Sometimes she lets the children also use the play-doh but only if they promise not to mix the colours.

You c