Start by marking “Split Seconds (Caspian Wine, #3)” as Want to Read:
Split Seconds (Caspian Wine, #3)

Split Seconds (Caspian Wine, #3)

Twins… separated as toddlers, reunited as adults… and now they’re switching places in a dangerous game to take on organized crime.

Her sister is alive! Excited to discover her twin didn't die as a toddler, Tijan can’t wait to meet her other half. But why hasn’t her only sibling reached out in almost thirty years?

Although the reunion is joyous, not everyone is excited to dis
Published November 2017

To ask other readers questions about Split Seconds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Split Seconds

Start your review of Split Seconds (Caspian Wine, #3)
Dianne
Lives were changed in just SPLIT SECONDS as a young mother hiding from the monster that fathered her young twin daughters is discovered. Determined never to let him take her children and forced to flee across an angry and swollen river, two little girls will be separated from the other half of their souls. Years will pass until one twin is positive she “feels” that a vague photo is that of her long thought dead sister.

Tijan has been raised on a working ranch, an isolated world of warmth, hard wo
Christy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of the ARC for Split Seconds from the author in exchange for an honest review. I had read book 1 in the series and was happy to see some of the characters of reappearing in book 3 (although you can read it as a standalone book if you're not interested in the rest of the series). The book starts with a bang with what turns out to be a scene that is core to the rest of the book.

The main characters are twins Tarin and Tijan, whom author Maggie Thom paints as complex, strong women
Maggie Thom
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this story so my review may not count but I do know that this story made me hold my breath, get mad, swear a time or two and cheer on the good guys and pray the bad guys got caught. I was very connected to Tijan and her journey of figuring out if her twin was alive or not and then all that she went through. Everything she thought was true was soon a mystery to unravel.
P.M. Terrell
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when you think Maggie Thom is at the top of her game, she writes another suspense that takes her to yet another pinnacle. In Split Seconds, identical twins separated as toddlers are reunited. Thom tells the story of their separation in chilling detail that brought tears to my eyes, forced the adrenaline to pump and caused my maternal instincts to feel their agonizing pain—and that was only the beginning. Lest you think all falls into place when they meet again years later, you’d better hang ...more
Tom Johnson
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tijan grew up feeling someone was missing from her life. A sister, but was she a figment of her imagination? Her mother says her sister died when she was a child, but there is that feeling, and then she sees a picture in the newspaper of a wedding, and a hand is in view; that hand shows a birthmark, a matching birthmark that is also on Tijan. Is her sister, Tarin, still alive? She decides to go to Toronto and find out, but things happen too quickly and she’s thrown into several dangerous situati ...more
Gillian
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twin sisters Tijan and Tarin are with their mother Tyana in hiding from their father who is a very dangerous man. When the girls are toddlers he tracks them down. Tyana has an escape plan which includes crossing a creek however with recent bad weather the creek has risen two or three feet making it difficult to cross over. While crossing the creek with the twins she loses her balance and Tarin is swept away she gets Tijan to safety then returns to find Tarin but it's in vain she has to accept Ta ...more
Candy
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of the ARC for Split Seconds from the author in exchange for an honest review. I love stories about twins separated, then reunited and this is a great one!! Action packed, thought provoking and keeps you guessing until the end!!
Shelley
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed “Split Seconds,” it’s a great sequel in Maggie Thom’s Caspian Wine series. The story of the twins separated at birth was emotionally compelling! She was wonderfully creative in her character development, which added fun to the mystery. It’s a great read for any age.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Canada is the stage for "Split Seconds", the third installment in the Caspian Wine series, featuring “country mouse” Tijan as she sets off to the city to find her sister.

Read full review in the 2017 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Silver Surfer
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book three in the series, and just as good as the first two. Not one but two feisty females what’s not to like. Cannot wait for the next book in the series. These are cracking suspense thrillers. Highly recommended must read.
Claudia
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, thriller
Another great book in this series. Twins separated as toddlers, heart-breaking pain, twist and turns, thrilling suspense and her usual alluring writing, this is such a wonderful addition to a superb series.

A book that will keep you on the edge of your chair until the very end. Recommended.
reader 1085
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by author Maggie Thom. So many twists and turns. Was given a free book by the author. My review is freely and honestly given
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Split Seconds is the third book in Maggie Thom’s Caspian Wine Series and it most definitely has to be read after you read the other two books. I didn’t read the prior books and I felt as if there were plenty of times that I was missing something. Mind you, I did enjoy Split Seconds but I felt as if some of the mystery would have been a little less mysterious had I been privy to everyone’s backstory ahead of time.

Split Seconds focuses on twin sisters Tijan and Tarin. They were se
C.
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read all three books in this series and each was better than the last. I have to say I'm sorry this ends it but there really doesn't seem to be any more ends to tie up. These aren't really stand alone books but they gel so beautifully you just look forward to the next. I received a copy of this book in return for a fair and honest review.
C.
Elaine
Feb 23, 2018
NANCY L GIORNO
Feb 28, 2018

• The Tipping Point (A Wainwright Mystery)
  • State of Honour (Special Agent Tom Dupree #1)
  • State of Attack (Special Agent Tom Dupree, #2)
  • Florida Firefight (Hawker, #1)
  • The Cavanaugh House (Cavanaugh House #1)
  • Falling Stars (Kyle Achilles #3)
  • Archangels: Rise of the Jesuits
  • Don't Tell (Jack Ryder #7)
  • The Girl Who Ran Away (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #4; The Girl Who Ran Trilogy #1)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Watch Your Back (Romantic Suspense, #15; Baltimore, #4)
  • Carnal Innocence
  • Her Final Word (Jack Ryder #6)
  • Whatever Happened to Betsy Blake?
  • Buried Secrets (Cavanaugh House #2)
  • Hidden Secrets (Whispering Pines Mystery, #4)
  • Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #1)
  • The Girl on Gander Green Lane
Want to take an adventure beyond your fingertips?
Award winning author, Maggie Thom loves the challenge of creating a web of secrets, lies and deceit. She doesn’t want you to figure it out until the end. Author of The Caspian Wine Suspense/Thriller/Mystery Series – Captured Lies (Award Winning) and Deceitful Truths with Split Seconds about to be published – and her other individual novels Tainted W

News & Interviews