Start by marking “Once Upon A Twisted Time (Twisted Fairy Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Twisted Time (Twisted Fairy Tales, #1)

Once Upon A Twisted Time

(Twisted Fairy Tales #1)

From the days of old, with the twist of new, these fairytales are just for you.

Drawing from a well of myth and legend, each of these 16 USA Today and NYT Best Selling Authors, has put their own twist on a story from childhood.

Modernized tales of love, war, oaths, and curses, uncover the secrets in Once Upon a Twisted Time. We promise you a Happily Ever After…
Published May 8th 2018 by Naughty Nights Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Twisted Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Twisted Time

May 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Stories included in this anthology are:

1. The Beast Underneath - Julie Morgan
13. The Huntress and the Frog - Louisa Bacio
14. Breathe
Sparktest
Fairy tale erotica

What none of the reviewers prior to me, nor in the book description, tell you that this is fairy tale and fantasy erotica. Some of it is quite good, some ok, but it's all there - 1 on 1, 2 on 1, 7 on 1, BDSM. Thank god this was not a hard back my 11 year old would grab with glee after seeing Fairy Tale in the title. I can't even imagine what that conversation would look like. "Mom, Waaaaaaaa?"
Some stories were true to the title advertised and were great retelling of the tales -
Crystal
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many great authors all in one place with a new take on some wonderful fairy tales.

Keys to Her Heart - Lori King - An amazing re-telling of The Prince and the Pauper. Evan and Walker are different in many ways, but they are still the best of friends. Becca is the girl they both crushed on through high school and much to their surprise she shows up back in town one night. There is a silly drunken bet placed on who has the easier job, and a lot of sweet heat! This was wonderful. I wouldn't mind
Donna
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairy tales never get old. Maybe it is because times may change but people don’t. This is a varied collection of tales that are not your granny’s fairy tales but I think she’d approve. This collection envelopes a vast array of stories and ideas that I absolutely loved and will read again and again. Here are my thoughts on a few of the tales.

Breathe me to life by Jolanthe Aleksander
A complicated love story. What are you willing to do for true love? A story that will keep you thinking long after
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
*Review of Red by Tara Vasser*

After a tragic accident, Red has been taken from all that she knows and for the next 10 years, she is groomed to be the bride of a powerful vampire. But when Red runs from her fate, she is rescued by an unlikely hero. A hero that is just as lost as Red, and together they begin a journey of discovery…

Tara Vasser has written a take on the Little Red Riding Hood story that was verra hawt and great fun to read! But reader be warned, there are three parts to this story,
Melanie Hawkins
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Collection

There are many great authors in this collection and as I read thru I will add my review to each story.

The Beast Underneath:

5 out of 5... Damn!! Edge of Seat, still catching my breath

It's been a long time since I read a book out of my normal genre, but it was excellent. I wouldn't run right thru and call it a horror, but more along the lines of a thriller. Although some people see them along the same lines, I see a slight difference.

When I first started reading this book I did
Casey Leigh
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bound to be a fantastic alternative perspective to many well known fairytales going by Twelve by Savannah Verte.

Twelve is a quirky twisted tale of the Twelve Dancing Princesses - raised in an unconventional manner, these strong princesses take their destined fates into their own hands and life their lives how they want. Family can be a strange concept to many - loyalty and honesty vie against duty and power.
This story of Twelve is a daring look at what a family can be.

More reviews to come...
Jennifer Zamora
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have begun with Twelve by Savannah Verte. And so far I am enjoying this anthology.
Twelve is a really sad story with a cute ending. The story begins with a young boy who loses his parents. Then one day he is informed he too must take a wife and make an heir. I found this part hilarious to be honest. Then after 11 tries and 3 wives in he finally has an heir. But he doesnt know it. And is not able to handle life the way it is. Years go by. The twist is part of what made this little story endeari
Andrea Stewart
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the story of Kellan and Ailsa, Breathe Me to Life, by Jolanthe Aleksander. This story had everything that a great story should! I’m a sucker for anything fae related so this got me from the first paragraph! The instant connection between Kellan and Ailsa was undeniable, just like the hate from Devany was! This is one story that I wish was longer, it ended to quickly!

If you’re looking for some short stories that are quick and easy reads but contain all the hot stuff and yummy details of a
Emily Dickson
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great selection of fairy tales told in a whole different way. Red by Tara was a great read. Red was turned into a vampire and was pretty much being made to marry an evil vampire but ends up escaping. The big bad wolf in this story was a help in this. Lots of action and some steam! I look forward to reading the second part as there were many interesting things that developed within this story. I loved it!
Dmcl
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twelve is the entry I’ve read so far and it certainly is a fractured retelling of the Dancing Princesses tale. It’s a unique perspective, told well and combines the elements of classic fairy tales and contemporary romance. I was drawn into the story and couldn’t put it down. I look forward to reading more.
Tamye Whitener
Twelve by Savannah Verte

This was the strangest story. I didn't like the male lead, and the wives were very two dimensional. This being said, I'm glad I read through until the end because that's where it all comes together.

Your prize for reading all the way through it one twisted, yet satisfyingly ironic ending.

Leah Keys
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Red Part 1 is a unique and twisted tale of Red Riding Hood as a vampire. Red is a naïve vampire who doesn’t understand her full powers because she has been fed lies by her maker. After uncovering some of the secrets, she meets a werewolf who helps start to uncover the power she possesses. A quick and steamy read unlike any fairy tale retelling I have read before.
Christina Williams
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is filled with little unique stories twisted from old fairy-tales. I bought this book mainly for Lori King's story. I loved the concept of the Prince and the Pauper both getting a woman, the same one, at that. The difference in the characters are just enough to counter each other. Both together make the perfect man. She is one lucky woman.
Michelle Fortune
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story Jak The Giant Healer. This is a new story in the Fairelle series. I can't wait to see if some of the side characters get their own stories. This book brings to light a new area and will make you think of your own relationships. I am leaving a voluntary review for an advanced copy of the book.
Jaime
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read Breathe Me to Life by Jolanthe Aleksander. This was a nice introduction to her writing, as I have never read anything from her before. I am a sucker for fairytale retellings, so I really enjoyed this. The story flows nicely and it has everything you’d find in a longer length book. I’m not usually one for short stories, but this was great!
Denise
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read Red-Part 1, by Tara Vasser
I love how she jumped into the story with a twist. She makes it modern day, but if it weren't for the mention of technology, you can easily see everything happening long ago. The vampires are a nice touch to give it drama and the wolf is irresistible for the hero. Once I picked up the book, I did not want to put it down.
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breathe Me to Life is a wonderful short story by Jolanthe Alexander. This was a nice introduction to her writing. The story flowed nicely and left me wanting more. I look forward to reading more from this author. This is a great collection of stories!
Amy Hannagan
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twelve by Savannah Verte: I loved this story. It was a unique take on the Twelve Dancing Princesses story, but this isn't your mother's fairy tale. This story took a darker, more sexualized look at the story. I read it in one sitting and couldn't bring myself to put it down.
Elizabeth
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
So far only have read Mended but will rectify that this weekend!
Mended was an adult twist on one of my favorite not typical Princesses. The growly bear did lots for me as well tee hee ;) While this story might not have the easiest happily ever after, it's well earned.
Karlee
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review for The Beast Underneath:
Bella is married to Adrian and loves him so, but his boss, Gaspard will stop at nothing to have Bella. But all magic comes with a price. By cursing Bella, will Gaspard finally get what he always wanted? Really enjoyed this retelling.
Jackie
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of stories. One of them Red by Vera Vasser stood out for me. Can’t wait to read the other parts.
Shelly
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Verte- This story was amazing with all the twists in the book. Some you wont see coming.

I can't wait to read all the other stories in this set.
Hope Gerhardstein
Fairy tales told in a different way.

A collection of 16 fairy tales retold with a modern day or paranormal twist. Some erotica, mysteries, romance, magic. Some of the tales I liked more than others. Some needed more editing due to grammatical errors.
Ola Adamska
Breathe me to life by Jolanthe Aleksander
A fae Prince. Love. Fate.
Will Kellan and Allisa manage to fall in Love even when she's a mortal?
Well written read with a lot of complicated plot things.

Mended by Emily Cyr
a shitter story with me, and a plot that was intriguing and had it in itself. and well written.

The beast Underneath by Julie Morgan
A retelling of Beauty and The Beast. Took it from The other side around. Intriguing and set some interesting World within itself. I will grab next book as I
Becca Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
Just finished Red part one by Tara Vasser. Very intriguing take on little red riding hood. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
SiKReviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of Stories inspired by some of my favorite fairy tales. Although they may not translate exactly the way you may remember them, the heart of the stories are still there and much hotter!
Laura Moylan
rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2018
Heather Phillips
May 17, 2018
Luc Schots
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2018
Hailing from Burleson, Texas and growing up in the country with big tractors and bon fire parties, I would day dream about far off lands, hoping to one day get inside their worlds.

Always having a love of books and paranormal stories, I finally took the leap to begin writing with encouragement from my husband. Having worked in IT my entire career and finding my way to Central Florida, I spend free