Start by marking “The Recitation of the Most Holy and Harrowing Pilgrimage of Mindy and Also Mork (Incryptid, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Recitation of the ...

Seanan McGuire

The Recitation of the Most Holy and Harrowing Pilgrimage of Mindy and Also Mork

(InCryptid #6.5)

Incryptid story published on Patreon.

April Patreon story, "The Recitation of the Most Holy and Harrowing Pilgrimage of Mindy and Also Mork." This special Aeslin mouse novella completes our last year one stretch goal! Hooray!

This story takes place after MAGIC FOR NOTHING, and should not be read before finishing the book.
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2017 by Patreon

Be the first to ask a question about The Recitation of the Most Holy and Harrowing Pilgrimage of Mindy and Also Mork

Robin (Bridge Four)
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hail!!!

Totally cute story of Mork and Mindy (the aeslin mice not the the cast of the 80s t.v. sit com) make there way alone through the airport to get back to the Price family and tell the tale of what happened to Antimony and why she has gone into hiding.

I love the cute little Aeslin mice and seeing the world from their perspective was fun even if it took a minute to switch gears. It is hard to be that small but they are resilient and cunning so do not fear.

We also get a few scenes with Sam to
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
UPDATE March 2018: This story was originally only available to purchase via Patreon but is now included as a bonus in the novel Tricks for Free

The Recitation of the Most Holy and Harrowing Pilgrimage of Mindy and Also Mork (great name for a story right?!) is a short story that can be purchased through Seanan McGuire's Patreon Page. It fits into the Incryptid timeline immediately after events in Magic for Nothing and will include huge spoilers if you haven't read that book yet so look away from t
Maria Dimitrova
All Hail The Mice!

I adored, adored, adored this story! Well at least the parts with Mindy and Mork. It's not that I dislike Sam, I just didn't particularly care about what happens to him as much as I did for the mice. The Aesling Mice are my favourite cryptids and I always look forward to their appearance. They're just so freaking adorable and getting a story from their POV was a dream come true! Highly entertaining and a great way to relax and get your dose of cuteness.
Debrac2014
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mork and Mindy's pilgrimage home! I love the Aeslin mice!
Erin (PT)
The Aeslin mice are my VERY favorite creatures of the cryptid world, so I was delighted to spend more time with them. Even knowing the outcome of their story from the end of Magic For Nothing, I was sweating it, so much so, I had to peek at the end anyway. Good writing is when a story you know how it ends makes you white-knuckle it anyway.

I also enjoyed Sam & Mary’s developing relationship, though—in the tradition of someone who’s read a few books and is pop culture savvy—I’m terrified by S
Timelord Iain (Eeyawn)
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
My expectations were high for this one... AESLIN MICE NOVELLA... but I didn't appreciate how for mice even getting through an airport alone is an adventure... never mind what I THOUGHT they were going to be doing (view spoiler)... didn't help that Aeslin Mice only got about 50% of the page time in this 60-70 page story... still great to see tho... Patreon story April 2017
Julie S
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was at the end of Incryptid Book 7 - though it happens before that book so I kinda wish I had read it first. Cute story narrated by Mindy the Aeslin mouse though I found Sam's narration less exciting, even though I like him as a character.
Melindeeloo
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute little short for aeslyn mice Mork and Mindy as they make their perilous journey back to the Price compound after the events of Magic for Nothing. Their story alternates with Sam's who interacts with aunt Mary as a little bit of setup for Sam's role in the next book.

This short was included in the print version of Tricks for Free (but not in audio:( but is still available through McGuire's patron.
Robyn
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was entertaining and interseting reading from the POV of the Aeslin mice for once instead of them just bursting into cheers and religious cries. Mindy is a great voice for the colony. Mork's uncertainty is adorable and will pay off hopefully down the road. It's also kind of nice to see the next step for Sam. He is attached to Annie and wants to find her. I can NOT wait for the next book. This was a nice way to pass the time until March when I can get more story.
Jessalyn
This is an Incryptid series novella that takes place during the events in Tricks for Free. It describes events from the point of view of Sam, Antimony's Furi boyfriend (who is basically simian-like, tail & everything, but is able to change his outward appearance to look like & pass for a human in the outside world), & Mindy, one of her two Aeslin mice (the other is known as Mork).

Stories about & from the view of the mice are always fun in my opinion. These mice have the biggest p
Holly Hand Grenade
"We are rational creatures; we know our faith is not always, in and of itself, rational. But when we are threatened, when we are called upon to do things no ordinary mouse could do, we hold to that faith to bolster us up."

I have loved every single thing about the Aeslin mice since the very first "HAIL!" Getting to actually know two of them? These devout, clever and enthusiastic creatures? Oh my gosh, what I would not give to have a colony of Aeslin mice.

Mork and Mindy have to find their way from
Keikii Eats Books
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
90 points/100 (4.75 stars/5).

At the end of Magic for Nothing, Antimony leaves the mice in the care of Sam to find their way home. This is that story, as well as the story of Sam's becoming family adjacent.

I have always, always wanted a story from the perspective of the mice, and this is it. It is everything I ever wanted in a story about the mice. Their faith is as pure as they are, and you can see that through their every action. I would love an entire series dedicated to the mice colony.

The st
Meagan
I loved that this story focused largely on the Aeslin mice. They are always so cute and I’ve wanted to know more about them since the moment they were first introduced in the series. I also liked that Sam was a big part of this story. He is such a cool character and I can’t wait to see more of him later on! Anyway, this story was fun and full of adventure. I’m giving this a solid four out of five stars. 🐭🐭
Monique
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I realized I'd been saving this for a day when I needed cheering up, and now I'm glad I did. Perfect sick day reading, the Aeslin mice are always a joy to read about and the Sam bits don't go anywhere physically but they're solid character building and conflict resolution that couldn't happen on the page easily.
Stacey
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I missed the Aeslin so much throughout Tricks for Free! I'm so glad they were included in this short, as they are my very favorite cryptid that Seanan has created.

That said, this is a fun little story that doesn't get much done, but does connect plot a to plot b, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

Finally: "I like existing. It's one of my favorite things." (Sam)
Jasmine
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-fiction
Okay so I loved loved loved the beginning of this, because I adore the Aeslin Mice and their faith. It got a bit more matched up with Sam and also romance, which is not as much of my jam? But the writing at the beginning is glorious.
Shannon
Excellent little short story covering Mork & Mindy’s travels and Sam dealing with Annie’s departure. Amusing with moments of extreme seriousness that McGuire balances so well. Really just whets my appetite for more, so I’ll try to be patient until the next book.
Stan
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A disapointing story I was so excited to read this story about the Aeslin Mice The title is misleading since it also tells Sam;s story Also the mouse version of the story is not as funny or as absurd as I hoped. Still fun but not as fun as I hoped
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
This was really cute. I liked getting the view point of one of the mice. Before you just observed their quirkiness--this story let you really see it and maybe get a different opinion about them.
Trebyl
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patreon
AMAZING. The Aislin mice are remarkable.
Strega
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent addition to TRICKS FOR FREE about the Aeslin mice's journey. And Sam.
~Anita~
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
The pov of Mindy was interesting
Steven
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Not sure why Goodreads ate my review of this, but I read it last year. And it was fantastic.
Eric Desmarais
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cute. Love the mice and Sam.
Jacqueline
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Extra 1/2 star

So good!
Anie
Cute - and anything that adds more mythology to the Aeslin mice is grand by me!
Cmoore
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is like the 5th time I've read this story... I am a Patreon of Seanan McGuire's and originally got this story when she released it there... My original review was eaten by Goodreads... but I remember saying that this was the story that I didn't know that I needed... it is a perfect little piece that fits between Magic for Nothing and Tricks for Free... and gives us a little different perspective, an actual POV told from Mindy's eye view... we also get a bit more from Sam and Mary ... I love ...more
Lori
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a story that fills in a gap in the InCryptid timeline and provides some further information that's not in the main novels.
A book away from an episode of hoarders
I love the Aeslin Mice so much
Neeuqdrazil
So much love.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Hi! I'm Seanan McGuire, author of the Toby Daye series (Rosemary and Rue, A Local Habitation, An Artificial Night, Late Eclipses), as well as a lot of other things. I'm also Mira Grant (www.miragrant.com), author of Feed and Deadline.

Born and raised in Northern California, I fear weather and am remarkably laid-back about rattlesnakes. I watch too many horror movies, read too many comic books, and

InCryptid (8 books)
  • Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1)
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid, #3)
  • Pocket Apocalypse (InCryptid, #4)
  • Chaos Choreography (InCryptid, #5)
  • Magic for Nothing (InCryptid, #6)
  • Tricks for Free (InCryptid, #7)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)