Start by marking “To Conquer a Scot” as Want to Read:
To Conquer a Scot

To Conquer a Scot

(Time-Traveler's Highland Love #1)

Time-traveling isn’t what Abigail Cross had in mind for her Scottish vacation, nor was a potential marriage to the Laird Aedan Macleod. The fact that the obnoxious, yet hot, and definitely sexy Highlander sees the world very differently than she does, is beside the point.

Paperback
Published September 25th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Historical)

To ask other readers questions about To Conquer a Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Conquer a Scot

Sissy's Romance Book Review
'To Conquer a Scot' by Tamara Gill is the First Book in the New Series called "Time-Traveler's Highland Love". This is the story of Abigail Cross and Aedan Macleod and is a Time Travel type romance.
Abigail has always been drawn to Scottish Lands and thinks to go on vacation there. What she didn't think would happen would be that she would end up in the past. Abby has been taken to the past by Aedan sister who is trying to help her brother make the perfect match for a wife. Aedan learns of what
Dora Okeyo
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This time travel romance had me speaking like a Scot and if I say "aye lass, or dinna or wee problem or meddling" just know that I have been influenced by Aedan and Abigail's back and forth teasing.
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review from NetGalley and was surprised by the element of time travel. What started off as meddling in the eyes of the Laird of MacLeod, turned to be something he could not live without and no matter the difference in centuries and civilization,
Megan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was surprising good. I haven't read anything by this author and I am always a little weary when trying out someone new but I enjoyed this one!

There is time traveling and scotsmen. Is there anything else we need? Now that being said, there were still a few issues I had but nothing too major.

Overall it was a great book and I will be looking out for more from Tamara Gill.
Barbee
Book: To Conquer A Scot
By Tamara Gill

Series: Highland Love series, Book 1.

Reviewed by: Barb Massabrook of
1)Tartan Book Reviews
2) Purple Tulip Book Reviews
3)Celtic Barb’s Tartan Book Review Blog

Overall Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is the time-travel romance of 17th century Aedan Macleod and 21st Abigail (Abby) Cross

Abby is 21st century modern woman who has always dreamed of going to Scotland. While on vacation and visiting a castle she gets whisked away to 17th century Scotland. This is with the help
Fizza
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's quite an interesting story, but then I've always loved time travel romance. ;) Who doesn't like Scotland? The story starts with a little mystery. It intrigued me right from the beginning. I wanted to read more and find out exactly what is going on. All the characters are very well written and well developed. I quite liked Abigail and also Aedan. Both are stubborn, headstrong, and willing to fight for what they believe in.

Aedan is looking for a bride. Preferably someone who knows her place a
Amanda Richardson
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed "To Conquer a Scot" by Tamara Gill, but I wasn't in love with the main characters, Abby and Aeden. Abby is a modern, 21st century woman, and Aeden is a 17th century scotsman. Abby is brought back in time because Aeden's sister Gwen believes Abby is her brother's soulmate. Aeden isn't happy about this an neither is Abby. In fact, Aeden contemplates killing Abby so that he can get her out of the way.
But Aeden needs a wife and the highland games are getting underway so that he can choose
Sonja
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I had to give this book five stars because I just never wanted to put it down. It was a great story and I always wanted to find out what would happen next. I loved the characters and the world building was fantastic. This was my first time travel book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really makes one wonder if they would be willing to give up everything they have ever known and the comforts of today to live 400 years ago for love.

Abby was a solid main character. A modern twenty first century gir
Brenda
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Lori D
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read by this author and so very glad I did! We start off in the 21st century with Abigail Cross, who is on vacation in Scotland by herself and feeling pretty alone. She visits the ruins of a cottage connected to a nearby castle and finds herself transported back to 1700 Scotland. Impossible you say? Certainly not when Gwen, the sister of the current Laird Aedan MacLeod, has special powers that have been passed down through the centuries. Gwen pulls Abby back in tim ...more
Diane
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Tamara Gill does an amazing job of telling the tale of a modern day woman who is transported back in time to the Scottish Highlands. Unlike other time travel stories, Abigail actually doesn't want to stay at first - she misses all the modern conveniences of the 21st Century. Of course, that is before she comes to know the Laird Aeden.
The characters go back and forth about why she is here and when she can return. All of this is in the midst of a Highland Games tournament being held to help the La
Candy Briggs
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aedan, Laird Macleod has two sisters, Jinny and Gwen. Gwen has a touch of magic in her and she decided, her brother needed someone special. So she brought Abigail Cross across time from the twenty first century to the seventeenth century, for him. She was his soul mate.
I did shed a few tears, when they got separated. Everything about this tale was wonderful. The characters, the descriptions and the plot. The plot was unusual and there was a lot going on but it was exciting, fun and very racy. Th
Angela
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several of Ms. Gill’s books and really liked them but normally do not read time travel stories. So glad I read this story. Challenges of the 17th century are not always easy to get around. Just ask Abigail and Aedan. I liked that Abigail did not try to change the past but kind of went with it even though she hated some of its inconveniences. There were some tear-jerker moments and some laughing times. Will Abigail stay with Aedan, will she demand to be returned to the 21st century, w ...more
Janet
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5stars
A compelling page turning romance that took me through a gamut of emotions from chuckling to crying. I’m not normally a fan of time travelling novels & Highlanders don’t make me weak at the knees, I was intrigued by Gwen in the prologue but I think what really drew me in was Abby’s idea of a Highlander matched my own so I thoroughly enjoyed having my opinion along with hers changed. Aedan was tall, broad & very handsome & gave the impression of being a dour Scotsman but he ha
Stacy Reid
Loved it. Full review to come
Gwessie Tee
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recieved in return for an honest review

Naughtiness 4*

Wow does not do this book justice, I'm trying tu figure out a word that would but at present cannot find one, but rest assured I utterly loved it. Tamara never ever fails to move me and captivate me in her books. Just when I think I've read her best book ever she ups the ante in the very next book.

As always I will never give spoilers I can say though that I loved, raged, laughed and wept with sadness and joy throughout this whole book, every e
Erin Kelly
While I love Scottish time-travel books, I didn't connect with this one. There were so many random conflicts that most never really landed in a way that got me invested. The book was structured like conflict - solution, sex, conflict - solution, sex, and so on. I guess after a couple of those cycles, I had trouble caring. 3 stars
Suzannah
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an ARC copy so that I could give a review.
I absolutely loved this book. I normally have not been a fan of time travel books. But this book absolutely captivated me. I thought it had everything a reader could want - romance, drama, intrigue, humor. It was lovely. I am certainly game for more of Ms Gills works. I highly recomment this book.
Anne
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Very strong characters and a very exciting story. I will definitely read more from this author.
Lynee
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute and funny time travel romance. Abigail is a twenty first century woman and gets sent back to 1601 Scotland. She meets Aedan - his sister is the one with magical abilities whose gift sent Abigail there in the first place - and eventually the two of them fall in love. They have to conquer not only their individual differences but also era-specific challenges. This was an entertaining story and a nice light read!
Izzie d
ARC.

Time travel romance.

This is a good story. There is some humour in the differences between modern times and ancient Scotland, esp regarding the treatment of women.
Becky
Battling between 2 and 3 stars for this so we’ll go with 2 1/2.

Aeden (hero)’s sister uses her magic to bring Abigail from the future to their time. Aeden is looking for a wife and his sister is sure Abby is the perfect match.

I’m feeling conflicted about this book. The beginning I found pretty boring and actually was shocked I was only 50% done as I was sure I’d been reading hundreds of pages (I hadn’t 😒) but the second half really picked up.

The characters overall were like-able, if a bit flat.
Kristin
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm waffling between a 2 and 3 star rating on this one...

Aedan's sister has been searching for the perfect match for her stubborn brother. When she stumbles across Abby in the 21st century, she knows she's the one for her brother. Using her magic, she brings Abby back to their time in the hopes that Abby and Aedan will hit it off and live happily ever after. However, Abby is not happy with being conjured to a different time and Aedan is none too thrilled with his meddling sister. While these two
Megan
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a digital ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I'm always on the lookout for time traveling romances that involve the Scots or Irish and this one has definitely been added to my list of favorites!

Abigail Cross is a young American woman from Oregon living in 2017 who has recently taken a vacation to Scotland for research and what she had hoped to be a great time. Things aren't going so well as it has mostly rained while she's there and decides to explore Druiminn Castle
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
Tamara Gill is a new author for me and it was an amazing first experience. The fact that she is also an Aussie author was just a bonus!

In To Conquer A Scot we have modern day Abigail Cross involuntarily drawn back to 17th century Scotland by the Laird’s sister, Gwen, who believes Abigail is his perfect match. Gwen believes that her brother, Aedan, has suffered and given up too much to secure his clan and believes Abigail is the only person that can save Aedan from himself.

This writer has penned
Gigi staub

Aedan Macleod knows what he wants in a wife, and Abigail certainly doesn’t meet his Highland standard, even though he must rein in his desire, because beautiful, opinionated Abigail would never suit as a laird’s wife.

Tempers fla
Maree Repa
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Adventures in Scotland

Five Amazing Stars

I was absolutely thrilled to enjoy this most wonderful book one to this new series, Time Traveler’s Highland Love. This most wonderful, exciting and romantic adventure throughout Scotland.

Now in time, Abigail Cross descended from the hotel she was spending her holiday here in Scotland. Walking outside into the uncomfortable, yet bright sunny day. Promising warmer since the past bleak weather when staying in the small town of Druiminn. She was so hoppi
Carmella Siciliano
I received a copy of this e-book and am voluntarily leaving an honest opinion.

Laird Aedan really needs to find a wife and marry. His choices are not the best but he needs an heir.
His sister has been looking for a wife for her brother and she feels she has found her...in the future.

Abigail is in Scotland on vacation. While touring a castle and it's land she is whisked back in time. At first she thinks she has lost her mind as Aedan's sister explains why she brought Abbie back in time.
Abbie insist
Anissa
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favorite book yet of Tamara! It made me giggle, get mad and made me cry, although I denied it to my family!! Abby is visiting Scotland and gets caught in a storm. She goes into a cottage and next thing she knows she is in 1601. Just before the last battle of Skye. The Laird's sister(Gwen) wants him(Aedan) to marry Abby! Well neither is having it. The McLeod clan is hosting the highland games, which is fabulous to read about, and then he must pick a wife! While Abby helps find h ...more
Debbie Glenn Brown
Abigail Cross thinks to goes to see the Scottish lands she’s always been drawn to on vacation. Clan Chief Aedan Macleod is in need of a wife and plans to choose one at highland games much to his sister Gwen’s dismay. So Gwen works her own magic and transports Abby to the 17th century to be her brother’s perfect bride. Aedan and Abby don't hit is off at first and they argue a lot Abby doesn’t care for the overbearing demanding handsome Highlander. Aedan even threatens to kill her if she doesn’t f ...more
Lux Lewis
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abigail Cross, a museum curator from Salem is in holiday in the Highlands of Scotland where she time-travelled to 1601, not of her own volition but by the summons of a witch.

The witch, Gwen MacLeod has magical powers. She was desperate to find a feisty but kind wife for his brother, Aedan MacLeod, Laird of Druiminn Castle, who's opposed to Gwen's meddling.

Abigail resented what Gwen did and found all circumstances extremely difficult to live in 1601 Scotland and demanded she be returned to 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Tamara is an Australian author who grew up in an old mining town in country South Australia, where her love of history was founded. So much so, she made her darling husband travel to the UK for their honeymoon, where she dragged him from one historical monument and castle to another.

A mother of three, her two little gentleman in the making, a future lady (she hopes) and a part-time job keep her bu

Time-Traveler's Highland Love (2 books)
  • To Save a Savage Scot (Time-Traveler's Highland Love #2)