Start by marking “Let Me List the Ways” as Want to Read:
Let Me List the Ways

Let Me List the Ways

Mackenzie Clark has been best friends with Nolan Walker for as long as she can remember. She’s shared everything with him, from adventures with their families and days lounging at the beach, to long talks about their friends and her journey with type 1 diabetes. The only thing she hasn’t shared is the fact that she is in love with him.

Now in their senior year of high schoo
Published August 7th 2018 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Let Me List the Ways, please sign up.
Robin If you are a librarian or blogger, go to NetGalley and register. You may be able to request a digital review copy from the publisher. No guarantee you…moreIf you are a librarian or blogger, go to NetGalley and register. You may be able to request a digital review copy from the publisher. No guarantee you'll be approved but worth a try.(less)

Start your review of Let Me List the Ways
Sana
this was so cute 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥰🥰🥰🥰made my heart go uwu. Nolan and Zie are so cute and precious, I love 🥺🥺🥺.

also, this book really educated me about diabetes bc the main character was diabetic. I really enjoyed this book 🥺
Carlisa Cramer
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am always ready for characters with type 1 diabetes. I need this book yesterday 🙌🏻
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 3/5

e-ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Mackenzie and Nolan know that in a few short months everything will change as they head off to different colleges. Determined to make the most of the time they still have left, they come up with a list of things they want to do together before graduation. But as they make their way through it, Mackenzie can’t help feeling that she’s left the most important thing off the list: telling Nolan how she feels. But when confessing h
Melinda Lorenzo
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a T1D myself, I was pleased to follow the (REALISTIC) story of a young woman with the same medical condition. While this is definitely a romance (think friends to lovers, but on a teen scale) I have to admit that the T1 moments were the most engaging for me. Sarah did such a lovely job of weaving Mackenzie's everyday medical concerns with her everyday life. It was refreshing.
Samantha (WLABB)
I am such trash for these friends-to-more books, and White wrote one, which I am adding to my favorites list. I think I wore some sort of sappy grin the entire time I read this book. I loved it so much, I am going to get corny, and list the ways.

1. The friendship between Mackenzie and Nolan was beautiful. They were neighbors and life-long friends. Not only were they friends, but their parents were friends, like the kind of friends you go on vacation with friends. I was so enamored with this whol
Kim
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
"I'd have to let him go so I could watch him be happy with someone else without hurting inside."

Let Me List the Ways by Sarah White is in true fashion a friends to lovers book. It is a contemporary where the main character is also dealing with diabetes. Her best friend Nolan has always been there since she could remember. Since that day in 4th grade when she found out that she had diabetes. It has been perfect for them and neither wants anything to change.

Let Me List the Ways is predictable but

Brittany
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
This was almost laughable, but not in a good way. These main characters (who are "supposedly" best friends and nothing more) have to be the most oblivious, doltish characters ever written. It's so clear to the reader and all of the other characters that they are head-over-heels in love with each other and they spend 99% of the book playing this back-and-forth game of "I should tell him...but I can't. We're just friends." Their friendship is also a bit peculiar - they hold hands, mount each other ...more
Melina
As a type 1 diabetic, I don’t see representation of myself in media very often or very accurately. I picked up this book because the main character is diabetic too and the parts of the book that talked about it were accurate and well done. I think this is an important book solely for that reason. However, I wasn’t crazy about the writing or the story itself even. The writing was very simplistic and basic and there was a lot more telling than showing. I think the book could have been fleshed out ...more
Jessica Arnold
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF at about Chapter 6. I think my problem with this book was two-fold: (1) I just finished reading another book with a similar plotline. (Girl likes guy who doesn't know she likes him, and they've been best friends forever...) And (2) While this may have been a key element in the story later on, there was too much focus on her diabetes that took away from the flow of the story. I may try to come back to this one but am putting it aside for now.
Liz
Mar 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I lasted like 20 pages, the writing is awful and nobody sounds like a real human. One day I'll find a good book with a T1 diabetic MC. ONE DAY.
LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arcs
You can see my full review here!

09/04 reread-- Still gives me feels a second time around <3

*I received an eArc of this book from the Publishers through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

This story was adorable and quick. I wasn’t expecting the feels or how light this story was? Mackenzie as our main character was so likable. The way she dealt with her T1D, her relationship with her family and Nolan’s family— I liked her so much.

Same with Nolan, he was really sweet and the way they were
Teenreadsdotcom
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
LET ME LIST THE WAYS follows Mackenzie --- usually called Zie --- through her senior year of high school. The book showcases her relationship with her neighbor and best friend Nolan. They have been friends for as long as either of them can remember. They wake each other up in the morning and always makes sure the other is doing well. They tell each other everything but Zie has the biggest crush on Nolan and promises herself to never tell him to keep it from ruining their perfect friendship.

Durin
Yolanda Martinez
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heather Horst
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book by accident while looking for cute YA books, and I really did enjoy this one! I’d say it’s a 3.75 stars but alas, they don’t give that option.

This book reminded me so much of my relationship! I am a sucker for friends to maybe lovers stories!

The characters were super likeable and fun! They seemed realistic to me and I fell in love with them both!

I enjoyed learning more about type 1 diabetes and what it’s like to live with the disease.

Some of the dialogue and prose was reall
McKayla
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phuntsho Choiden  Wangchuk
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars because I’m a sucker for these friendship turned into love kinda stories.
Clyde
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It was such a sweet book. They thought so much for each other. They could've avoid that tho.
natalia
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 cute, wish there’s more of them as a couple tho
Mindy
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read a few pretty intense books in a row, and I wanted something fluffy and predictable to read next, which is how I ended up reading this book. It was, indeed, fluffy and predictable, but it hit on a few things that really bug me.
Shannon
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the relationship between the main characters here. This book was adorable. Their friendship was so beautiful and strong. The trust, the reliance on each other - it was beautiful to watch. What ruined this book was the ending. Even though it was the outcome I wanted it was way too short. The story builds and builds and builds and then the climax happens and it's just over. There's no basking in happiness, there's no epilogue, there's no life after this event, it's just done. So I
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks
Cute but forgettable "in love with my best friend" story. I know I read it, but a couple of months later, I'm having trouble remembering the details (which is rare), so I had to downgrade a star for that.
Kaylee Duff
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary-ya
I enjoyed the story a lot. The characters were interested and well-rounded. The strongest part of this story is by-far the discussion of ability and diabetes. It's so important to have those themes in books, especially books for younger readers. Overall, an enjoyable read.
Megan Laplante
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was alright,it was kinda boring and predictable. I was hoping for more.
Tarnparit
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Honestly, other than the two of them not confessing their undying love for each other, there was not other conflict.
So overrated.
Haley Thorne
~An unexpected read that had me up at four o’clock in the morning to try to finish!~

TINY GIST: Mackenzie and Nolan have been BEST FRIENDS since forever. Mackenzie (Nolan calls her Zie) has been love with Nolan since little kids in grade school. However it seems that Nolan is totally oblivious to her mega crush on him! They’ve always been seen together that everyone just assumes that they’re dating or that they are practically siblings. Mackenzie also has type 1 diabetes and Nolan has helped her
Teenage Reads
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Shelves: advance-copy, 2018
Plot:
Mackenzie “Zie” Clark got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in grade four. Diabetes is the disease where your pancreas cannot produce enough insulin to stabilize your blood sugars. Where type 2 can be caused by poor diet and other health related problems, type 1 is in the genetics and can remain dormant for several years. Zie discovered she was diabetic after fainting on the elementary school grounds, in front of her soon to be best friend Nolan Walker. Nolan is Zie’s best friend, practically
Sandy
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018
I find myself drawn into best friends turned more books often. The downside of this is that these stories can be repetitive in that the main reason why the characters don't reveal their deeper feelings is because they are afraid of ruining the friendship they've built. So while I was excited initially about a best friends story, I found myself frustrated a little with Nolan and Mackenzie.

The story is told from Mackenzie's POV so we obviously know quite early that she is in love with her best fri
Maddie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA Fans, particularly those in the 14-18 years old range
Shelves: june-2019-reads
Okay, I loved this book. More than I think I should have. When I first started it, I was worried that it was going to be full of cliches and just another quick read. But I actually found myself fully entranced with the book and not wanting to put it down. It was yet another one-day read for me. (I love it when that happens)

Overall, Let Me List the Ways was an amazing read. I loved the characters, the plot, and how everything was developed. Mackenzie (nicknamed Zie) was one of two main characters
Beth Rodgers
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Let Me List the Ways' by Sarah White is a breezy and engaging look at the relationship between two best friends and next-door neighbors. Mackenzie (Zie, for short) is in love with the boy next door, Nolan. Yet she continually hesitates to say anything about this to him because she fears what it will do to their relationship when he doesn't reciprocate her feelings. And she's pretty sure that that is exactly what will happen. They have a playful and extremely friendly relationship, tickling each ...more
Jeraca
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-but-unowned, arc
I received this free eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

Mackenzie and Nolan's friendship is amazing. I don't know if I've ever had a close enough friend like these two were to call my own. Then again, I didn't have a neighbor who is my age, so that could be a factor.

The amount of attention that Nolan pays to Mackenzie is like a hawkeye. He knows exactly what she needs and when she needs it. And the fact that he can help her with her medicine? I'm surprised these two didn't fig
« previous 1 3 next »

• Eyes on Me
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Trusting You and Other Lies
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Throw Like a Girl