Start by marking “When Sh*t Gets in the Way ( When Life Gets in the Way: Volume 2 )” as Want to Read:
When Sh*t Gets in the Way ( When Life Gets in the Way: Volume 2 )

When Sh*t Gets in the Way ( When Life Gets in the Way: Volume 2 )

College freshman, Jessica Silva has finally gotten what she always wanted, to live on her own two feet in the greatest city of the world - New York City.
But as the saying goes; Be careful what you wish for.
City life isn't all that's cracked out to be. While Jess was the Queen B back in her hometown of Plymouth, NYC barely takes notice.
To add insult to injury, Quaid 'Gol
Published December 26th 2017 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about When Sh*t Gets in the Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Sh*t Gets in the Way

Hanne
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Quaid is a college student and lives around campus. He wants to spend the holidays back home with his parents. He would love some company while driving his car to his home town and he posted an ad about that. He never expected Jess to be the one whom will accompany him. Jess and Quaid grew up in the same small town, but they never have been friends. They actually don’t like each other. The drive home isn’t a very pleasant one and they are both happy when they arrive home.

Jess and Quaid run into
Irma
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Dude, all you gotta do is walk up to her and ask the honey for her number. Damn, it’s not rocket science, you know.” Jason laughs at me while putting his arm over my shoulder. “What are you talking about?” I slap his arm off and take another sip of my coke. “I’m talking about the babe that
is rocking it up with the blond hottie and that you’ve been checking out for the past hour.”

How I loved this sceenes! Waiting for the caveman to kick in.

“Please don’t. Not yet,” he hushes, but in my foggy haz
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It’s Christmas eve, I am sitting at my desk sipping on a strawberry daiquiri, ready to pour my heart out in this review. Ines Vieira knows how to hit ya right in the feels. This lady is crazy talented, she blows me away with each book she writes. I loved her debut, When Life Gets in the way, such a beautiful and touching story that had me glued to my seat the entire time. But Ines has completely out down herself with the second book in the series, When Sh*t Gets in the Way. I didn’t think it was ...more
Eileen Robinson
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, arcs
As a reader there are so many things that attract us to a book, maybe the cover, the synopsis, etc,but for me this Title had me at HELLO!! It's something I would hear from my father as i was growing up, so suffice to say, I had high expectations and i was NOT disappointed.
The author has written characters that feel very real, and they very quickly found their way to controlling my emotions and captivating me, urging me through the pages for MORE !!
Quaid Stevens, on the outside is extremely Hot
Ines Vieira
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When Sh*t Gets in the Way is live!
Get your copy at 99cents while you can! 💋
Price will go up after release week!
Amazon UK : http://amzn.eu/eALf1rF
Amazon US: http://a.co/89h4MDz
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,7 / 5 stars

I'm so so glad I read this!! This was my first ever read by Inês Vieira, she's a Portuguese author who happens to write in English and I was just so happy about it!

I loved getting to read bits and pieces of my own language in a book, it's a pretty rare thing and it was totally awesome and oh so funny because Inês sure made it so.

I enjoyed everything about this book and I cannot wait to go read the first book in the series. That's right, this series has two books, and probabl
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Full Review to follow
Cierra
Somehow, in all the craziness and insanity that has inhabited the last month of my life, I forgot to cross post this review from my blog onto Goodreads and Amazon until now AND I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY SORRY!!!!!!
~~
*4.5
A huge 'Thank you' goes out to Ines Vieira for the e-book!

"...don't tell me you're not mine when everything that I am has your imprint on it."

I loved it even more than the first! Quaid and Jess are just so cute and lively that I read it in a day and a half. I like that the timelin
Bloggers From Down Under
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Reveiwed by Kylie form Bloggers From Down Under *

Although this book is targeted to a young adult audience, I, a grown woman of 42 years young, didn’t think I was going to mentally survive this book. Yes, it brought back a lot of memories for me, most of them I would rather forget. I too once gave my heart to someone who in the end, only ripped it apart and walked away. But that’s my story to tell. This is Jess and Quaids story.

While the two main characters have a history, it’s not a very pleasa
Kilby Blades
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"When Sh*t Gets in the Way" is the satisfying homecoming tale of small-towners, Jess and Quaid. Despite going high school together, they were never friends, but, of course ran into each other casually and had reasons for stepping around one another. When they unknowingly sign up for a ride-share from where they go to college (and lead completely separate lives) in NYC, an awkward conversation is unavoidable. On one hand, they weren't really friends. On the other hand, their indelible shared hist ...more
Диана Сапотько
After reading the first half I was sure that I would rate it 4-5 stars, however in the second hald things took a turn for the worse.

I can't stand plot twists where everyhting bad happens because of the lack of communication.
So hardly 3 stars, I'm disapponited.
Rosa Ascenso
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book number 2 was even better. R.A

I loved the first one but book number two was just as good. Its a must read. Cant wait for the third.
Di Pereira
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
When Sh*t Gets in the Way is Jess and Quaid’s story, again another book written from the heart with emotions all over the place. It was great to meet again the Silva family and to find out more about these two.
It’s so good to read some of my own language in the book and this is something Ines incorporates on her books very well.
Ines Vieira was able to surprise me until the end and I loved the way she writes.
Can’t wait for the next one!
Sara
rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2018
Hanna's Book Obsession
Oct 12, 2017
Natália Nogueira
Nov 21, 2017
Ines Vieira is the Author of the When Life Gets in the Way series and the upcoming New Adult Contemporary Romance series - Tyler Ranch.
She was born in Lisbon, Portugal, but has grown up all over. Having spent her childhood on the island of Bermuda, her first go to language is English, rather than her mother tongue.
She has lived in the UK, where she taught English as a second language and learned