Start by marking “Only For A Moment (The McCormicks Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Only For A Moment (The McCormicks Book 2)

Only For A Moment (The McCormicks Book 2)

Men are nothing but trouble!
From Jade Johnson's experience, the only thing they've ever been good for is holding her back from achieving her dreams.  But when work takes her to the small town of Cedar Springs, Jade comes face to face with a man who sets her world on fire and immediately challenges her beliefs.

Mitch McCormick is finally ready to put his playboy ways behi
Published June 5th 2017 by Ink Blot Communications

To ask other readers questions about Only For A Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only For A Moment

Phylis Carpenter
Jun 06, 2017 Phylis Carpenter rated it it was amazing

Jade is a talent scout and she is working with her friend Gwen to tell about how Gwen met the love of her life Ian. Jade is all business and sassy and has her life planned out or so she thinks.

Mitch is looking for a nice small town girl to settle down with but every time he sees the sassy talent take charge woman Jade. Chemistry takes over. And boy do they have the chemistry.

Another awesome book by Elena Aitken. I received an Advanced Readers copy and am voluntarily leaving this review.
Eileen
Jun 05, 2017 Eileen rated it it was amazing
What a conundrum Mitch encounters in Only For a Moment by Elena Aitken as he tries to find the perfect partner to settle down. Shortly after he sees Jade Johnson, he knows he has to meet her. Jade is a city girl and doesn’t seem to be exactly the type of woman he wants for settling down, despite their chemistry and attraction. So Mitch takes local girl Evie, mother of a young boy he’s tutoring, on a date. She’s checks all his boxes except there’s no chemistry. Besides, his mind keeps wandering b ...more
Pam
Jun 02, 2017 Pam rated it it was amazing
What happens when a career first woman meets up with a playboy who has decided he needs to date the right girl & settle down? Lots of tender emotional scenes, misunderstandings & hot, intense chemistry! Jade Johnson is in Cedar Springs to oversee the project her client, Gwen, is involved in. From the moment she meets Mitch, they share an intense chemistry that will not let them ignore or stay away from the other. Jade feels men are nothing but trouble. Her mother has pushed the point tha ...more
Mona
Jun 19, 2017 Mona rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. It was an instant attraction between Mitch and Jade.
But neither wanted to admit it. She was all business.
Mitch came back to Cedar Springs to meet his step sister, and spend time with his brother.

Jade came to Cedar Springs to get a show off the ground. Mitch McCormick was a distraction she
did not need. It was a summer festival when sparks flew between them.
They started spending time together, but agreed they would only be friends.
Well not so sure that was really working out.

Se
Karry
Jun 05, 2017 Karry rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in return for an honest review.

After finishing the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to see what happened between Jade and Mitch. Fireworks were going off between those two from the very first moment they met. I'm unapologetically loving how their story went. It had the same amazing emotions rolling around inside me. I laughed and cried. There are cameos from some of the town favorites. Summer is a'hopping. So much is going on. I could not be happier for the ending
Elaina
Jun 03, 2017 Elaina rated it really liked it
This book was even better than the first. Mitch and Jade are an unlikely couple. Mitch is looking for a small town girl after being burnt by a city girl. Jade is a city girl who is so focused on her career that she isn't looking for a relationship of any kind. Their attraction is hard to ignore since they are constantly running into each other in the small town of Cedar Springs. The other McCormick brothers return to Cedar Springs and make an appearance, and there may be some foreshadowing of fu ...more
Penny Leidecker
Jun 06, 2017 Penny Leidecker rated it it was amazing
This is now my favorite book by Elena Aitken. I absolutely love Jade and Mitch's story. This a well written book with so many lovable characters. I started this book and couldn't stop until the end. If you're looking for a book with a strong, feisty woman and a hot, alpha man, then this is definitely a book for you.
Coral Mitchell
Jun 04, 2017 Coral Mitchell rated it really liked it
Jade's mother raised her to believe men and children will ruin her life. Just because she feels an immediate, and hot, connection with Mitch means nothing to her. That is what she keeps telling herself anyway. She conveniently forgets all the hurtful things she says to him. Mitch is great and decided to find the right woman to settle down with in Cedar Springs. If only Jade would listen to him. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Jamie
Jun 05, 2017 Jamie rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on The Springs collection and now am loving the McCormick series! I was anxious to read book 2 after finishing the first. Mitch and Jade's story is one of love, yet not unrealistc. An easy read; you don't want to put it down because you want to know what happened. Can't wait for the next one in the series! Makes me want to pack up and move to Cedar Springs because this town sounds incredible!
Ali Foito
Jun 06, 2017 Ali Foito rated it it was amazing
Jade grew up with a mother telling her she does not need a man. Mitch just wants to find a nice girl to settle down with. The sparks between Jade and Mitch are flying high, and everyone knows it. They have let love in and saw what happens. This is the second book in a great series.
Jimnlori
Jun 01, 2017 Jimnlori rated it really liked it
I'm loving this series by Elena Aitken!
Jade Johnson has always had a plan and it didn't include men because they were nothing but trouble! That all changes with one steamy night she has with Mitch McCormick. He has changed what she thought she wanted out of life, but he's set on finding himself a nice town girl who is ready to settle down and worth changing his playboy ways for. Jade doesn't fit that requirement because she's not from town and her focus has always been about her career. How can
Kirstie Ibrahim
May 28, 2017 Kirstie Ibrahim rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this, couldn't put it down. I like that this is another branch off the Cedar Springs township with different characters. I also like that there's only a slight crossover mentioning locations and characters from the other series. That being said, this can also be read as a stand alone book. To good characters that come together through passion and attraction. I enjoyed them navigating their way through their relationship to the big finale. Looking forward to the next in series...
Jane
May 30, 2017 Jane rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Jade & Mitch's story! It was fun to getting to know them! Jade is a strong, independent woman raised to be a career woman and let everything else go. Mitch is at a crossroads in his life and he is looking for more than just his career. Together they are fun and romantic with lots of spunk! Can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Donna
May 29, 2017 Donna rated it really liked it
A visit back to Cedar Springs is the perfect place to get your life back in order, or at least that is what Mitch is hoping for. Then he meets Jade and they have an instant connection. 2 adults well established in there careers and shaky upbringing are not sure what to do, but be friends. Let's see how that works out.
Linda Zelinsky
May 30, 2017 Linda Zelinsky rated it really liked it
An enjoyable love story with a few twists that makes the reader wonder who Mitch will choose. Loved the ending so sweet. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Kris Woltzen
May 26, 2017 Kris Woltzen rated it it was amazing
* I don't do spoilers in my review*Loved Mitch and Jade's story. This book had me frustrated with the characters at times and then at other times laughing and then wanting to cry. Wonderfully written well developed storyline and characters. This book is a must read it is the second book involving the McCormick brothers returning to Cedar Springs they are all inclusive to their own storylines but you will want to read them all as they are a great read.
Linda Dossett
May 25, 2017 Linda Dossett rated it really liked it
Sweet story. Romance and sizzle, great combination in a good easy read. Well worth the time spent.
Alicia
Jun 12, 2017 Alicia rated it really liked it
"Only for a Moment" (The McCormicks Book 2) by Elena Aitken

In this second novel in the McCormick series, Mitch is on a mission to find a life partner. He decides to head down to Cedar Springs to join his brother and take a break. The second he sets his eyes on city girl Jade, he believes he has found the one. While she lights his world on fire, and vice versa, there is still the issue of her wanting to fulfill her dreams. And any man worth his salt, would support her in doing so, as her mother s
Angela Reed
Jul 06, 2017 Angela Reed rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, amazon
Only For A Moment (The McCormicks book 2)

Wow! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better Elena Aiken proves me wrong. Elena Aiken shows readers why she is a great author. She has a great writing style.

We get to read Mitch McCormick's and Jade Johnson's story. Jade is all about her career. It's career first and everything else second. Jade is in Cedar Springs to work on a project with Gwen (from book 1). Jade was raised to believe men and children interfere and complicate life. Men hold you b
Paula Pugh
Jun 10, 2017 Paula Pugh rated it really liked it
This is a nice and enjoyable read with fun dialog and characters. There are some heart palpitating scenes to rock your socks, too.
Mitch McCormick, heart throb material, has come to the realization that he is ready to finally settle down and quit the short-term liaisons he’s been doing for forever. One last one time evening with Jade Johnson has driven this desire home. All he can think about is Jade, all the time.
Jade is not a woman who is looking for a man not is she in Cedar Springs long term.
Lori R
Jun 19, 2017 Lori R rated it it was amazing
Mitch McCormick is a school teacher at a private school in the city. When he returns to Cedar Springs, the town he grew up in he feels like he has come home and is ready to settle down like his brother Ian. The problem for him is finding the perfect girl. Jade Johnson is a career centered woman who was taught by her mother that men and children just get in your way and they will only ruin her career. She struggles with her conflicting feelings and emotions over what she wants and what she was le ...more
Winnie Lim
Jun 26, 2017 Winnie Lim rated it it was amazing
Only For A Moment is about how two very opposite persons can be together because of love. Jade is definitely not the kind of woman that Mitch is looking for but he can't help being attracted to her. And Jade is not looking for a man. The chemistry between them is explosive and it just makes you want to read on and hope that they will find their HEA. I love a sassy feisty heroine and Jade fulfils all of that.

The other brothers also appear in Only For A Moment and I really can't wait to read thei
Tracy Flick
Jun 30, 2017 Tracy Flick rated it it was amazing
What an excellent book from Elena Aitken. I absolutely loved Jade and Mitch from the very beginning
Jade is a feisty woman and Mitch and hot sexy, alpha male. Couldn't put it down incense I started it.
Michelle
Jul 04, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sweet, Sexy, and an unpredictable story. I loved getting to know Mitch & Jade better. Of course, I love Cedar Springs and all the characters in town. It makes me want to go back and re-read Elena's other books (and I almost never re-read a book).
Leann McKay
Jun 07, 2017 Leann McKay rated it it was amazing
Jade & Mitch are a wonderful couple....they just don't know it yet ;) The fun is watching them work their way to their HEA. I can always count on Elena Aitken for a good HEA & this one qualifies! A must read!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KimberlyDawn
Jun 06, 2017 KimberlyDawn rated it it was amazing
Mitch is ready to settle down and he would like a small town girl. But the heart wants what it wants, and feisty Jade is what it wants. The chemistry is believable and their story kept me hooked throughout. I really enjoyed this book, and I definitely recommend it.
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2017
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2017
PattiB
PattiB rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2017
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2017
Living in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains in the foothills of Alberta, Elena spends her days chauffeuring her twins and writing stories - basically, living what she loves!

Elena escapes to the mountains as often as possible and can often be found sitting by the water, plotting her next book.

Be the first to know the latest about new book releases, get coupons for new books, and learn all the ins
More about Elena Aitken...