Start by marking “It Started With A Tweet” as Want to Read:
It Started With A Tweet

It Started With A Tweet

Can Daisy Hobson log off for love...?

Daisy Hobson lives her whole life online. A marketing manager by day, she tweets her friends, instagrams every meal and arranges (frankly, appalling) dates on Tinder. But when her social media obsession causes her to make a catastrophic mistake at work, Daisy finds her life going into free-fall . . .

Her sister Rosie thinks she has the
Published December 7th 2017 by Zaffre

To ask other readers questions about It Started With A Tweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Started With A Tweet

.Under the pages
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Bookread2day
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the paperback version, as I only read paperbacks or hardbacks. I read The Good Girlfriend's Guide to Getting Even, which I loved reading and highly recommend readers to read it. Once I had finished reading The Good Girlfriend's Guide to Getting Even, I instantly became a fan of Anna Bell. When I found out that Anna Bell had a new book out It Started With A Tweet I knew I just had to read I. And I totally just loved reading It Started With A Tweet. Oh dear it seems Daisy Hobson has got her ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
5 Words: Family, attraction, addiction, humour, resilience.

It took me a few chapters to get into, but I stuck with it because Anna Bell's books make me laugh so much.

Daisy is so full of life that she comes alive on the page. She was slightly frustrating at times, but the best characters always are, and I quickly grew to love her.

Although there is a spark, romance is not at the heart of this book. I focuses much more on family and friendship and I absolutely loved it. It felt refreshing. And frie
Pilar
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Novela ligera, que me pedía el cuerpo, con moraleja sobre el uso y abuso, de las redes sociales.
Eeva
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a cute and easy read:-)
I think it's what I needed right now - the chcracters are likable, the dialogues arenot cringe. Perfect book for a reading slump.
Cressida McLaughlin
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! So funny and charming and warm, and made me think too. I almost feel bad writing about it online...
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Seeing as I have quite a dry, sarcastic sense of humour, it can take quite a lot to be able to make me laugh. I don't mean a little titter, I mean a proper belly laugh. The sort which brings tears to your eyes, pain to your sides, and a grin bigger than a Cheshire cat's.

Wanna know something shamazing?

Anna Bell had me belly laughing after a couple of pages. A COUPLE OF PAGES! I'm not even joking! The fact that I was able
Nicki
Hands up if sometime since the dawning of social media you’ve lived your life through it’s lens? You know, thinking about how you can get that great looking photo on Instagram or Facebook or that hilarious tweet on Twitter. I know I have!

If that’s the case you’ll really be able to identify with Daisy. You’ll be laughing as well as cringing with her, as she plunges headlong into her digital detox with her sister Rose.

I really enjoyed this book, it was so easy to read making me laugh out loud on m
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Utterly hilarious and a perfect way to spend a few hours while waiting for a transfer back the airport at the end of the holiday. Of course I had I read this at any point over the previous 2 weeks I would have been saying generally that is a perfect poolside read.

From the fun and clearly social media addicted start of the book Daisy soon makes a vital error tweeting something inappropriate from the wrong twitter account, which since I now have multiples I can completely understand the fear.

Her
Samantha March
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I knew I was going to like this book. The title, the cover, the synopsis – ah, yes. And I was not wrong. I laughed, I cringed, I nodded knowingly. The setting was also super cute to read about, and the romances … well, the romances had me wondering how this book would end, and wow was I surprised at the plot twist in here! But it culminated perfectly, and I commend Anna Bell on a book well written. If you are a fan of chick lit or find yourself stuck on social media a bit too much, pick up It St ...more
Raquel Bernardes
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: livros-fisicos
Quando comecei a ler este livro não estava muito convencida que iria gostar de o ler, mas disseram que era bastante divertido e que eu de certeza absoluta que iria adorar. Como sempre, dei uma oportunidade e comecei a ler, li em apenas três dias. Achei a Daisy tão viciada no seu telemóvel em querer consultar sempre as redes sociais que era impossível não me rir em uma ou outra situação. E claro estava a torcer para que ela ficasse com o seu vizinho. Para quem não teve a oportunidade de o ler ain ...more
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

To me, a contemporary romance can veer very quickly into the cheesy/ overly predictable/ ridiculous however, gets it bang on for me. It's a great mix of humour with interesting characters and a fun and engaging storyline.

I really loved daisy as a character. Even at the start, when she seems a little silly, I found myself warming to her, especially as the novel continues and you realise that, although she definitely has her flaws (as do many of her friends), sh
Fabulous Book Fiend
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that will hook you in right from the word go because it is such a character driven novel, you will feel like you are hanging out with a friend and watching her as her life falls to pieces and she works out how she is going to build it back up again. Parts of this book felt a lot like Sophie Kinsella's latest novel in that sense and then there ere other parts that had me crying with laughter one moment and then thinking about my own life and evaluating it in others.

So
Simona
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Anna Bell has a new book out?! Well, then give it to me immediately. I love her writing style and was really excited to start reading this one. The title is perfect for it and the story really makes you think.

We get to follow Daisy Hobson, who is on her phone constantly, whether it’s tweeting her friends, uploading a pic on Instagram or looking for dates on Tinder. She is a marketing manager and really obsessed with social media. I
Noemi Proietti
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daisy lives her life through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat until the wrong twit gets her fired. Jobless and soon probably homeless, Daisy accepts her sister’s proposal to spend a week in a farm in Cumbria on a digital detox, i.e. no phone, no computer, no internet. No longer able to check her emails and her social media, Daisy finds herself writing letters to communicate with her friends. Also, this week off technology seems to be the right opportunity for Daisy and her sister Rosie ...more
Carina Carvalho
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que livro divertido !
Não posso dizer que seja uma viciada das redes sociais, pouco exponho da minha vida privada e sou tão nariz no ar que nunca perdi tempo a tentar a aceitação dos outros ou a chamar a atenção para a minha pessoa. Mas ler este livro fez me ver a sociedade que temos e como a maioria passou a ser dependente de selfies, Facebook, Twitter, linkedin, Instagram, etc...
Se conhecessem alguém e não tivessem telemóvel, internet, como iriam fazer para saber mais sobre ele?!!! Pois é!!! Pa
Mela
The encounters between main heroes were funny and enjoyable.

The idea for the story was very up to present-day.

I liked also the story of Rosie's marriage problems.
just because they’ve had their happy ending doesn’t mean they’re living happily ever after

There were interesting (and witty) supporting characters.

Nonetheless, the style of writing, of holding my attention was far from perfect. I can't tell I was bored but... I don't know. Something was lacking, like to me.
Kelly
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If your looking for a light hearted read that makes you laugh from the offset then look no further.
A fantastically written book about Daisy and how her life is turned upside down by an innocent tweet!
This is guaranteed to make you laugh whilst at the back of your mind you acknowledge how genius the storyline of this book is. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to others :)
Sara Oxton
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It stated with a tweet by Anna Bell a fab four-star read. I will be honest I had to start this one three times, I don’t know why I just couldn’t get into it, but I am so glad I stuck with it as once I had gotten past the first few chapters I loved it. Daisy was someone I adored from the first page to the last, even though I could have throttled her numerous times. But I couldn’t help but love her at the times that she was doing crazy stuff without even realising it. I could especially identify w ...more
Agi
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

Anna Bell belongs to my auto - buy authors, guys, and I really don't need to read the blurb to her new book because I know it's going to be brilliant and just my cup of tea. I fell in love with her writing style, and her stories are not only incredibly hilarious but also close to life and full of wonderful, livid characters, and I am always waiting impatiently for her new release.

The heroine, Daisy, was such a typical Anna Bell's character - bubbly and quirky, full of life, always getting in tro
Kim
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be honest the beginning of this book made me wonder if I should stick with it at all. Daisy is very unlikable in the first few chapters but I'm glad I stuck this one out.

This book is very Bridget Jones with updated technology. Imagine if Bridget had twitter in book 1! Good lord. I can't say I was able to relate to Daisy's addiction to technology and the way she and her friends behaved with their phones was horrendous.

After making a huge mistake at work and getting herself fired Daisy finds h
ItaPixie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars

This was a nice,funny and thought provoking read.

Daisy is a brilliant woman, her life is dictated by her excessive use of the web and social medias but everything she knows will drastically change when she mistakenly sends a personal tweet from her working account.Could she be happy again with her sister intervention?
I loved all the characters but our heroine have a special place in my heart,I've suffered with her during her digital detox and I was glad when she has found her happy place.

I did

Shuhada Ramli
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book was written by Anna Bell. I begin to look for more of her writings. It has great lessons to learn and fun to read. Kind of a stress reliever for me. The storyline was simple. The common issues about the relationship and commitment are well blended. I love the meeting of every point on how social media could destruct the life. It’s a good book to read. I love the it!
Kate
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had this book forever before I actually started reading it. I just loved it! Made me reflect on my own phone usage and what I’ve been missing while using all kinds of devices.
Have a read, have a laugh and if you use a device, use it to read a good book that makes you reflect as well.
🌟🌟🌟🌟
More from Anna Bell for me.
Natalie Temene
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!! an amazing book! totally recommend it!!!! easy to read and has a very good story! loved the characters and loved the message of the book!!!!
Julia
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful contemporary romance. Charming, funny and it made me think about my own digital obsession.
Carla Marques
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro trata de uma realidade muito actual, o vicio da net, telemoveis e estar constantemente actualizado, mas consegue fazer de uma maneira super divertida.
Opinião completa em: http://aviciadadoslivros.blogspot.com...
Emma Gallis
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Net Galley for my copy of this. Absolutely loved this book. After a social media mishap Daisy's lifestyle drastically changes but will it be for the better? Such a lovely and easy read and the characters are funny and eclectic. Another amazing book by Anna Bell can't wait for the next! Chic lit at its best.
Steph Hayward-bailey
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant rom-com. Original ideas and loads of funny bits throughout. If you like Sophie Kinsella you'll love this book. Very easy to read and I'll be looking for more by this author.
Sharon
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publishers for this review copy, given in exchange for an honest review.

I’m sure we’ve all done it. We’ve gone to post something on Facebook or Twitter and then just before you hit the big red button you realise you’re posting on the wrong account or posting to the wrong person. Luckily we usually manage to stop ourselves before we’ve gone past the point of no return! Unlike poor old Daisy!!

Daisy is a marketing manager. She is also addicted to social media – Faceb
Anna is represented by the Marsh Agency and published by Quercus. 'Don't Tell the Groom' is released in paperback 5th December 2013.

Anna also writes new adult fiction under the pen name Annabel Scott.