Start by marking “Jukebox” as Want to Read:
Jukebox

Jukebox

A Short Story Collection Based On The Stellar Works Of Budding Writers In India

A story you wish was NEVER narrated to an eight-year-old. Old letters of a dead father, what secrets could they hold for a long lost daughter? A chilly December morning and a lone gravestone - changed the day and someone’s life. A seemingly ‘ideal marriage’ in an old city smelling of
Paperback, 1, 176 pages
Published April 1st 2017 by Readomania

To ask other readers questions about Jukebox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jukebox

Harshita Gupta
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well! Honestly, when I saw this book on Writersmelon’s website and read the blurb, I knew I want to pick up this one for sure. The stories included in this book are contributed by the writers selected as the best ones in a nationwide writing competition by Writersmelon. The anthologies compiled are of different genres with varied style of writings.
Likewise, a musical Jukebox, this jukebox will also give you the taste of mixed emotions as you read from one tale to another. It’s a melody of
Ramya S
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jukebox by Writersmelon is an anthology of short stories with a different genre, different emotive that deal with love, loss, rage, mystery and what not - you get a smattering of everything. As standalone shorts, all the stories are well-rounded for the most part and each segment has a surprise peppered with interesting twists and turns to keep readers engrossed.

My favorite story is Monster by Amritorupa Kanjial. This story is about a girl who puts up with her parent’s separation and often hear
Ritu Mantri
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
With 15 stories in its treasure, Jukebox has something for every kind of reader. Crime thriller, romantic, dark, hopelessness, touching, heartwarming, inspiring - you ask for it and it is in the collection.

Some of them were like hi tea delicacies which I desired to savour as a main course. Some were like riddles I was not able to understand what to make out of it. Some were so dark that I felt gloomy. Some were heartbreaking and I was misty eye.

Overall, Jukebox is a complete package
Shilpa
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
As the name of the book and aforementioned sections suggest, this book is really an anthology with many tastes and flavours. None of the stories are similar and each of them take you to a different zone of thoughts. Some of them make you question life and the society as we know it. Some make you cherish the happy moments you now have, some make you eager to create beautiful memories worth remembering later and some even make you weep, tearing your heart out.

I enjoyed this more than I
Rakhi Jayashankar
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, anthology

Talent is a word that brings a varies of emotions in everyone's lives. each of us might have come across atleast one talented person who did not get the due recognition due to many reasons. Hunting the right talent from pretenders and plagiarists is not a cakewalk. Writers melon, through the venture melonade succeeded in hunting the deserving writers whose stories are too good to be neglected.
There are fifteen next stories that delve in to different emotional strata.' The story', the first
Neelam Mungekar
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
“Jukebox” by Writersmelon is a short story anthology – a compilation of 15 short stories that was edited by Priyanka Roy Banerjee. I completely believe this collection will appeal to many readers. It is the result of a nationwide writing competition called Melonade and Jukebox is in its 5th edition. I am thankful to writersmelon for sending me a copy of the book. All the stories were unique in its own way. Some of the stories that I loved the most are:

A Deep Fried Love Story by Dipte
Ashima Jain
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can’t deny the fact that I was caught in the web of this jukebox right from the first page.

Abhishek Mukherjee’s ‘Story’ had me biting my nails from the sheer anticipation of what his protagonist was unravelling. His pointed questions to his mother, about his father’s murder, were something you wish no child had to ask. Mukherjee narrates it with the innocence and curiosity of an eight-year-old.

In ‘A Deep Fried Love Story’, Diptee Raut weaves an interesting tale of fat,
Storyteller_womaniya
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jukebox, traditionally were the machines installed in bars where you can put a coin to listen song of your choice from the vast available collection. This book literally is a Jukebox where you will get variety of emotions jumping from one story to other. This book is cocktail of stories which has something for everyone and hence it definitely will appeal to a wide range of readers.
Jukebox has a selection of 15 short stories, written by authors picked from different corners of this country, writ
That Book Nerd You Know
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The title Jukebox reminds me of the 90s tradition of playing songs on one of these in every tv series. The variety is what the title promised and variety is what this book provided.
Writersmelon in its crusade to make sure everyone hears of the authors that remain mumb in the face of commercialization, has brought for us a collection of 15 short stories that’ll shout at us from beyond graves. Every single one of them is unique in its own way and cannot be kept away from the grasp of readers
Nitin Vadher
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mesmerizing each and every stories written here has unexpected twist, I really loved this anthology of short stories. Each and every story conveys message to the reader, especially the first one and I really loved to read this story where a small child ask her mother to describe the death of his father, who was a police officer, the way this story described by Abhishek Mukherjee is heart touching, where reader have to think who is the killer.

My second favorite is a story of lizard gr
Vithya
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
India has no dearth of talented writers. To create buzz around budding writers writersmelon has selected 15 short stories through a nationwide competition conducted across india and the book gives you more than enough reasons to like it, be it 'food for thought' kind of plots, stories that deals with social issues subtly, gripping and smooth narrations that you flow along with it, few stories even have frank and amusing disclaimers.
I have selfishly picked out my favourites with ratings 4-5
Titirsha Bhattacharya
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a compilation of short stories by budding writers from India. There are total 15short stories by 15different writer. The book has been divided into three major division 1*spine chilling drama* .
2*Quirky funny and awkward moments*
3.*Poetic love of hopeless Romantics*
My favorite from these three division is spine chilling drama. There are six stories in this division and oh my god they are just incredible. "monster" Was my favourite as it doesn't only hold mys
Deepali Gupta
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover - the cover is simple yet speaking alot about how the book is made up from different writers amalgamated into one book and has a variety.

title - jukebox depicting the songs that one can listen to. The variety and the uniqueness.

The book is a collection of gut kicking stories written down by various writers around the country. Each story has a different tale to speak of and to enfold a new societal norm. The orthodox, the human thinking. all the stories keep yo
Rahul Pahilajani
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jukebox by Writersmelon Edited by Priyanka Roy Banerjee foreword by Preeti Shenoy

The book is a collection of 15 short stories weaved with all the different emotions that will grip you and keep you hooked even when you close the book. Each story has its different element, different spices of all over the India in it which makes the book enjoyable to read.
I believe all the stories are selected in such a way that they not only occupy the space in the book, but also the space in a
Samata
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jukebox weaves a magic that continues to haunt the readers for days and weeks. Despite each story having been penned by a relatively inexperienced writer, it takes you on a journey that sometimes lights up your face with a smile and sometimes brings tears of sorrow to your eyes. The language is simple and the flow of the stories is excellent ensuring that the book turns out to be truly engaging and interesting. Apart from the authors themselves, the readers need to thank Writersmelon, for provid ...more
Swati Sengupta
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksiown
Ever since I came across the short story contest held by Writersmelon last year I have been waiting for this book eagerly as I voted some of the stories of which I could read only some parts. Bought and finished it long back but somehow missed reviewing it. This is a collection of some clever, haunting, sad stories which I didn't regret picking up. I am very skeptical about Indian writers of this current time but writers of this book didn't let me down.
Romila
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Jukebox, a compilation of 15 short stories by budding writers from across the country, is a venture by Writersmelon. The result of a nationwide writing competition called Melonade, Jukebox is the outcome of the competition’s fifth edition. Thank you Writersmelon for sending me a copy of Jukebox. I was so sure of reading good short stories and I am glad the book did not disappoint me in any manner.
Kiranmayi
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall its a good collection of short stories and a great effort from writersmelon to bring forward works of budding authors by providing them a platform to showcase their writing prowess. The writing of all the authors is awesome; only wish some of the stories had more engaging content. Hope to see full length novels from them in future.

Complete review on my blog:
Sonali Dabade
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
An enjoyable set of short stories that starts off with a bang with the first story called 'Story' by Abhishek Mukherjee and ends on a grim note with 'Cycles and Cyclones' by Archana Sarat!

Finished it in less than a day - 'Jukebox' was that riveting! :)
Manander Singh
Nov 13, 2017
Writersmelon
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Garima Rathi
Jul 10, 2018
Subhajit Das
Nov 21, 2018
Zoya Ejaz
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Jukebox by Writers Melon is a collection of short stories by budding writers in India.
Each story has a different tale to tell and will leave the readers in awe. It is an amazing read with a diversity of stories and gives us an insight into the complex psychological emotions that a human being goes through.

The language is very simple and there is a mellifluous flow in all stories. The 15 short stories in the book, all of then have a different element and keeps the reader hoo
Mahima Sinha