Jump to ratings and reviews

Brute Force #1

Collision Point

Riordan “Rory” Malone is a force to be reckoned with. A member of the Brute Force Protection Agency and an operative working with the Elite Ops, Rory is the fiercest of warriors and protectors. Honed from the strong Irish stock of their grandfather and sharpened to a razor’s edge, Malone men live for one single purpose: to protect the women who own them, body and soul. From the moment he saw Amara Resnova, he knew she could be that woman.

But Amara, daughter of an alleged notorious crime lord, is a force in her own right. When she betrays her father, she’s finds herself in the arms of a man who is dangerous for her body and soul.

Can Rory keep Amara safe while protecting his own heart? Can Amara trust Rory not to break hers even as the danger mounts, threatening to take them and their passion to a breaking point?

323 pages, Mass Market Paperback

First published February 27, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Lora Leigh

194 books9,706 followers
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in relative peace with each other. Surrounded by a menagerie of pets, friends, and a teenage son who keeps her quick wit engaged, Lora’s life is filled with joys, aided by her fans whose hearts remind her daily why she writes.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
136 (7%)
1 star
51 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 457 reviews
Profile Image for Carrie.
3,036 reviews1,500 followers
February 21, 2018
Collision Point by Lora Leigh is the first book in the new Brute Force romantic suspense series. However, even though Collision Point is opening up a new series it is a spin off from Lora Leigh’s Elite Ops series so the characters have carried over from there.

In this first book Amara Resnova seeks out Riordan Malone after having dreams of him and believing they may have a shared past. Amara had lost her memory of their time together and her father has done everything to keep Riordan away.

Now when picking this first book up I hadn’t realized that it was part of a previous series and the couple had been around before. Starting off the story is a bit confusing for me until realizing there was that something missing there from jumping into the book.

But the biggest reason this book really wasn’t for me at all was the fact that it seemed more like erotica mixed with bits of action than a romantic suspense. Basically the story was jump on each other and make out every other page to where the “story” was so buried it’s almost forgotten. I’d just much prefer a good compelling plot with a few steamy moments than the opposite of only having a few moments of plot which is how this felt so in the end this one was just not my cup of tea.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/
Profile Image for ♥Rachel♥.
1,801 reviews829 followers
March 6, 2018
Riordan Malone almost lost his life rescuing Amara Resnova, his lover and charge, from her father’s enemies and has spent the last six months getting back to 100% without a word from her. Now she’s back at Riordan’s door, asking for help, because it appears someone is still after her. Riordan’s more than a little upset that Amara turned away from him but won’t turn her away when she’s in need.

Amara can’t remember the last year of her life, but she’s has vivid nightmares of death, and haunting erotic dreams of a man she discovers to be Riordan Malone, a man who was once her bodyguard. Odd occurrences and accidents start happening, and Amara just knows she’s in danger all over again. She has only shadowy memories of him, but her instincts tell her Riordan is the one to help her, a man she can trust to protect her. What she doesn’t expect is the animosity rolling off him when they meet.

Collision Point
was an entertaining read, one that held my attention until the end, but not without some issues for me. The story was heavy on sexy times, which as a romance junkie I do appreciate, but it was to the point that it interrupted the pacing and urgency of the mystery. Also, the writing was a bit distracting. Long sentences had me reading and rereading to get the meaning. Some of the descriptions of the sex were too wordy and had me cringing, at times. Even so, the book was still pretty darn hot, with a lot of sizzling sexual tension between Amara and Riordan!

Even with the above issues, I couldn’t put the story down. I suspected the reasons Amara lost her memory, but I wanted to see how it all worked out. Also, I wanted a happy ending for Amara and Riordan.

A copy was kindly provided by St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Beatrice Masaluñga.
1,134 reviews1,656 followers
February 2, 2018
Thank you St. Martin's Press for the ARC in exchange for an honest review

Collision Point is the first book in a romantic suspense series Brute Force. It's a spin-off series to Elite Ops. I haven't given such series a try but I'm intrigued by it since some of its characters made an appearance here and after checking the blurb. I had expectations it's going to be plot driven and has exciting actions in it. Unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations and I dislike several things.

The plot has a potential but the romance overpowered the suspense. It's frustrating when conflicts are building up, it's always interrupted by sex scenes. That happens majority of the chapters and I'm irritated. These characters need to prioritize important things first.. I mean, romance can wait. I do not like the hero. I don't mind alpha men but Riordan Malone was too territorial and possessive. I understand he's protecting his lover Amara but please, he really needs to control his raging hormones. Focus on finding Amara's abductors dude and ensure her safety. 🙄🙄🙄 I didn't bother about the revelations and the story was truly forgettable.
Profile Image for Carvanz.
2,023 reviews684 followers
February 8, 2018
Six months ago Amara was kidnapped and beaten. When Riordan and his team rescue her she watches as the love of her life is killed. When she awakens in the hospital she has no memory of her abduction or anything from the moment she first met Riordan. But the nightmares and memories are just a whisper and a dream away and she instinctively knows that she is still in mortal danger.

After retreating to his family’s home in Texas, Riordan is struggling to regain his strength even as his attempts to contact Amara go unfulfilled. She refuses to speak to him. Now she’s at his front door and it’s time he returns to the house where he found this amazing woman in an effort to not only help her to find her memories, but to protect her from the ones who would kill her.

I really enjoyed this couple and their struggle to wade through Amara’s memories, dreams and reality. Lora Leigh is known for some of the sexiest, steamiest scenes and she doesn’t disappoint here. Riordan is trying to keep himself in check knowing that Amara needs to remember him and not just a dream. Along the way he’s being tormented with the desperate need to protect her from someone that only she knows.

Riordan is the perfect possessive, protective alpha hero while Amara is a bit of innocence, fragility due to her memory loss, and determination. When the end comes down, she takes the adult and responsible approach of addressing it instead of making a ridiculous decision. I appreciated that her character was mature enough to do so.

While this has a slower pace it has a lot of layers of suspense and a bit of thriller. Plenty of secondary characters to help keep you guessing who the bad guy is as well. This couple pretty much wraps up at the end but the epilogue is setting us up for the next book. Hopefully, we’ll get a future look at Riordan and Amara along the way.

This is an honest review of an advanced copy provided by NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press

Dual POV with epiloge in a different character’s
Safe – no ow/om drama; no one during their time apart; H not a manho prior to h
Possible Triggers
Profile Image for Mindy Lou's Book Review.
2,630 reviews603 followers
February 26, 2018
The more I read of Lora Leigh's books the more I'm sure she's one of THE best authors who really know how to make a couple sizzle on the pages of a book. The sexual tension is always intense between her characters. I love the bond her couples form and the fierce love they feel for each other.

Amara was kidnapped and beaten by an unknown enemy. When Riorden, her bodyguard and lover saves her, he gets shot in the process. She believes he died just before she passes out from the trauma.

6 months later and Amara can't escape the nightmares of that fateful night. In her dreams is a man than she knows will always protect her, but she doesn't remember who he is.

Riordan almost lost his life the night he saved his soul mate. He didn't care how much danger he was in, all he cared about was rescuing her. He would rather die with her than live without her. He thought she felt the same way until he's told she never wants to see him again while he is recovering in the hospital.

This story has a touch of paranormal to it. The Malone family believe that there is one true soul mate out there for them and when they find that person, they form a bond that reaches beyond death. The connection is so strong that they can communicate through dreams.

That bond is what ultimately brings Amara and Riordan back together, but they have many obstacles to overcome before they reach their happily ever after.

I loved this book! Heck, I pretty much love everything I read from this author. She has yet to disappoint me when she is constantly bringing us the fierce love stories her main characters provide. I definitely want more in this series and highly recommend it. ARC provided by NetGalley.
Profile Image for Dianne.
6,765 reviews578 followers
February 6, 2018
He died once trying to save her and now she doesn’t remember why he was gone from her life, why he “deserted” her. She doesn’t remember he was more than a bodyguard, they were lovers and the chemistry, steam and passion were explosive.
Now Riordan will risk his life again to keep Amara safe from the latest threats, but he also must make her remember what they had. He has gotten her body back, but he needs more…

Lora Leigh’s COLLISION POINT is filled with action, a plethora of turmoil, danger from every corner and deep secrets that are dangerous and deadly.

Razor taut tension brings life to this suspenseful and erotic tale of two lovers separated by events out of their control. I found myself wanting more information, more detail and more action that was merely a promise of its potential for edge-of-your-seat reading.

Ms. Leigh knows passion, erotic heat and attraction, but it wasn’t enough to carry this read to a five star rating. Rugged men with the potential to scorch each page with their power were rather faded while the focus became the physical needs of Riordan and Amara. The series name is Brute Force, I guess I was expecting that force to be more prominent. I just wasn’t convinced a woman could be sexed into remembering the worst nightmare of her life.

I received a complimentary ARC edition from St. Martin's Press!

Series: Brute Force - Book 1
Publisher: St. Martin's Press (February 27, 2018)
Publication Date: February 27, 2018
Genre: Romance | Suspense
Mass Market Paperback: 336 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For Reviews & More: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Profile Image for Linda Strong.
3,882 reviews1,625 followers
August 12, 2018
Amara Resnova is the daughter of a crime lord. Due to a memory loss, she turns to Riordan Malone, an Elite Ops agent. She knows that someone is trying to kill her, but she doesn't know who ... or why.

They've met before when he fell in love with her and then broke her heart. But she's different now ... older, wiser, tougher. Riordan is still attracted, but he's afraid he's missed his only chance with her.

This book is typical Lora Leigh .. hunky guys, beautiful women, graphic sex hotter than an Arizona summer, revenge, murder. It's fast-paced, action-packed from start to finish.

Many thanks to the author / St. Martin's Press / Netgalley for the digital copy of this Romantic Suspense. Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
Profile Image for RachelW (BamaGal).
746 reviews66 followers
January 28, 2018
I hadn’t realized that this was a continuation/spin-off of the old ‘Elite Ops’ series before I started the book. This can be read standalone; but for those who have not read at least Wild Card, they might feel they are missing a bit of background.

It was enjoyable enough, especially the last 30% or so. There was soooo much sex, though. If they weren’t having present day sex, they were having flashback sex or dream sex. If that’s your cuppa, fine. For me it was too much and drowned out the story.
Profile Image for ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ .
1,069 reviews119 followers
February 28, 2018
Amara can't remember the last 11 months of her life but even without her memories, she knows something is missing in her life. Something that teases just at the edge of her subconscious. Something that calls to her, something that makes her feel safe and protected. She knows she was abducted but with everyone walking on eggshells around and her father refusing to answer any of her questions, Amara decides to find the answers on her own.

There is one man she feels can help her piece together her lost memories. Her ex bodyguard, Rory Malone. She sees him in her dreams and when the nightmares invade, it's his name she calls out for. But why? Who was Rory to her and why didn't he come back for her after her kidnapping?

Rory has kept his distance from Amara because he thought thats what she wanted from him. After getting her back from her abductors and almost dying on the operating table from the gun shots he sustained, Rory tried contacting her, only to be told she didn't want to see him. Seeing her six months later and looking into her confused and painfilled eyes convinces him that she really doesn't remember him or their time together. When threats to her life come to light, Rory realizes that someone doesn't want Amara to remember. Now that Rory has Amara by his side again, no way is he letting her get away a second time.

What I liked:
The Malone family legend of finding a soulmate and being able to share thoughts, emotions and even memories with that person was awesome. I liked Amara as an heroine , she was strong and opinionated.Rory was devoted to Amara right from start but did have a cocky way of showing it.

Although I never felt the urge to skim, this was bogged down with too much inner dialogue and I'm not a fan of the countless flashbacks throughout the book.
At times they felt a bit disjointed and it was hard to keep track of the time jumps. It also felt like we missed out on what attracted these two and ultimately brought them together to begin with. The emotional connection was missing. We're told they love each other but we don't actually get to see them falling in love.

The mystery behind Amara's abduction had a few twists and turns I didn't see coming but was a bit rushed towards the end. Things were tied up too neatly and in the end felt anticlimactic.

Would I recommend? Lora Leight writes good romantic suspense with action and a lot of mystery and intrigue. Although not my favorite,I'm sure fans will like this new spin off series.

* * * ARC provided for an honest review * * *
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All
thoughts and opinions are my own.

SAFETY INFO:
Profile Image for Beth.
3,124 reviews261 followers
February 16, 2018
I find that there is a fine balance between steam and story. When the steam takes over the story it becomes more of a skimming and not so much entertaining for me. Most times Leigh hits the mark with that balance but its off in Collision Point making the telling feel choppy.

The fiery Amara and the bad ass Riordian were a perfect match. They do make the pages sizzle. This a great read for those who like lots of sexual tension and smoking hot reads.

I received this ARC copy of Collision Point from St. Martin's Press. This is my honest and voluntary review. Collision Point is set for publication Feb 27, 2018.

Look for a blog tour and giveaway coming 3/1/2018 @ http://tometender.blogspot.com

My Rating: 3 stars
ISBN-10: 1250110327
ISBN-13: 978-1250110329
Genre: Military Romantic Suspense

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Collision-Poin...
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/coll...
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/coll...

For more reviews check out Tome Tender's Book Blog or find us on Facebook.

Profile Image for Marta Cox.
2,530 reviews190 followers
February 5, 2018
Three and a half
My very first book by this author was Wild Card which ironically is very much connected to this new spin off series. This time though it's Riordan who is the man fighting for his woman but how can he do that if she doesn't remember him ? Amara was abducted, tortured and left for dead but now her memories of the past year are gone. She has no recollection of being kidnapped, her mind has blotted out her ordeal and yet her dreams feature Riordan, a man trained to kill yet with him strangely Amara feels safe.
I suppose if I had to describe this book I'd say romantic suspense but it's an extremely steamy read with the couple indulging at what I felt was inopportune moments. As a reader I knew that they have a sexual history but the constant chest banging, you are mine scenes felt a tad over done and yes I do understand that Riordan is an alpha male whose world nearly imploded. Amara has this privileged life and fluctuated from spoiled princess to assertive young woman but when faced with Riordans obvious sexual needs she melted like butter. What she's gone through is truly harrowing and bit by bit she starts to remember which finally meant as a reader we get answers and luckily there's a twist so don't expect the most obvious choice. A character is introduced and later alluded to in the epilogue and honestly I really hope the author doesn't go there as there's possibly a thirty year or so age gap which might not appeal to all her readers. Bottom line is if you enjoy lots of sexual tension mixed with a mystery you might enjoy this story.
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are honest and I believe fair
Profile Image for MarytheBookLover.
448 reviews956 followers
February 27, 2018
I received this book from Netgalley - it in no way influenced this review.

My Opinion:
I thought the book was ok and the steamy scenes between Amara and Riordan were steamy, but, I did not feel this was a book one in a series. There was so much back story with Riordan's brother and wife that I felt left out and duped into believing this was a first. I don't like feeling like I am coming in to a series on the tail end. There was a lot of back story here. Enough where it made me wish that I got the first one...
BUT, this is the first one, my mind screamed!!!

OK, well the story was ok and I liked the premise of the book. Someone is stalking Amara and she has lost her memory of the past year or the last 6 months (I was never really sure). Several times in the book it said a year and then it said 6 months and went back and forth and then about the middle to tail end of the book it was decided that it was 6 months. Anyway, she has to gain her memory back before she runs out of time. At times the steamy scenes where written almost brutish in the language that was used, and I found I just didn't like it. I am guessing that was how the author wanted it, I just wasn't expecting it at first, but, as the story goes you see that is the pattern.

Riordan is way to possessive and arrogant for me. I felt like a lot of it was thrown together and not really thought out. This is more of a erotica book, with explicit language, mixed with suspense on why Amara is getting stalked. I did semi enjoy the book, just wished a few things were different. Not my style of reading that I personally like, but, I am sure some of you will love it. I totally felt Rory aka Riordan was an alpha male, just not very good at it - IMO. There are alpha males and I love them, and there are alpha male jerks - Riordan was a jerk. I didn't like how he is portrayed in this book at all. Not my type of alpha.

I also had a hard time with it turning from POV back and forth from Amara and Riordan. I was not even sure at some points who was talking. I had a hard time finishing this book. It did not captive me like I had hoped.

I give this 2.5 of 5 stars!
Profile Image for Dísir.
1,661 reviews168 followers
January 26, 2018
I had assumed that ‘Collision Point’ was the first of a new series by Lora Leigh and not part of her Elite Oops series, which I didn’t exactly take to. But while I found the start somewhat intriguing, it just wasn’t a story that could hold my interest; neither was the writing style which I found choppy, repetitive and somewhat difficult to follow.

On the one hand, there’s nothing more enticing about a male protagonist who knows what he wants and goes after it. On the other hand, there is the cookie-cutter pattern emerging here, of the growling, neanderthal male who’s built only to have rough sex and protect his mate and the helpless female who seems to run and flail at that possessive edge he shows around her. I’ll admit readily that Leigh’s ‘Wild Card’ put me off such protagonists, though ‘Collision Point’ felt marginally better as it pretty much revolved around a hero bulldozing his way through everything to get his woman back.

Structurally, I did struggle with this even from the beginning, as I tried to piece together Riordan’s and Amara’s history for the first few chapters as their backstory came in dribs and drabs, interrupted by copious descriptions of erections, wetness and coitus interruptus. Admittedly, with a sensual history between them, Riordan and Amara weren’t strangers to begin with, but instead of a constant build-up or reconstruction of their past, more than half the story was concerned with sex or how aroused either protagonist was (then spending it jealous thinking of imaginary lovers the other might have had), which did get annoyingly distracting.

My rating merely reflects my inability to continue the story—‘Collision Point’ is more like romantic suspense erotica, if there’s ever such a sub-genre. Sure, the sex is hot, but, it’s not a style that I’m used to at all (this is clearly, my preference) and frankly, I was thrown off way too much, right to the point past the halfway point where I found myself too frustrated to even get down and dirty with this pairing.

*ARC by the publisher via Netgalley
Profile Image for Jennifer.
2,415 reviews68 followers
January 29, 2018
ARC received for review

New series that is a spin-off from the Elite Ops series.

The story was choppy and a little all over the place, but Rory was hot. All of the Elite Ops team was even Grandad. I'm not really sure if Grandad had a point in going on the mission. Rory was a wee bit of a jerk to Amara at times especially after what she had been through. Her father was a little weird. It was just okay and not as good as some of the other books I've read by Ms. Leigh.

Now if the next story is who they allude to in the epilogue...I think I'm going to pass on it.
Profile Image for The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha).
1,821 reviews301 followers
February 26, 2018
Collision Point is book 1 of a new series, Brute Force. At first, I was VERY confused. I felt like I was missing something and the story seemed to just jump right into a plot. Upon further exploration, this apparently is a spin off of another series. Ok, not critical, but good to know that these characters have a deeper history! I liked that the story jumps right into the action, but I felt very confused as to what was really going on. This is a second chance story, so understand the history of these two characters is important.

The story has lots of intrigue. Amara was kidnapped previously and hasn't recovered all her memories. However, she knows she is being hunted again. She knows, somehow, that Riordan can help. She doesn't remember everything, but knows he will keep her safe. However, they also apparently had a sexual relationship and Riordan is quick to pick up on THAT aspect again.

As a romantic suspense story, Collision point had potential. However, the action is constantly paused so Amara and Riordan can have sex. I mean literally every chapter had a little action and then sex. It was a bit much and made the plot feel VERY choppy. I also felt like I didn't really get to know Amara and Riordan because their relationship felt shallow and focused on sex. Having pointed out that issue, I think Collision Point and the Brute Force series has potential. There was an interesting plot that would please fans of romantic suspense, and plenty of sexy times for those who need more romance!
Link live on 3/1/18
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,891 reviews818 followers
February 27, 2018

This is the first in the author's new Brute Force series and its a great start.

When Amara, daughter of a Russian mob boss approaches Rory to protect her from someone who is trying to kill her, she doesn't realize he was her bodyguard/lover before her kidnapping. But the intervening year is a blank-she doesn't remember the kidnapping, her rescue, or anything else. While Rory isn't happy that she doesn't recall him, there's no way he will let anything threaten the woman he loves. He returns to her father's house, hoping to rekindle their romance while keeping her safe.

I liked Amara. She is kind, concerned about others, and is willing to stand up for herself. Rory is a suitable mate for her, strong, sure and protective.

The author takes you on a convoluted adventure ride, and draws the readers right into the story. As always Lora Leigh is a master story teller with sex scenes hot enough to leave scorch marks on your e-reader. She draws her characters with a fine hand and makes you care what happens to them. I look forward to future books in this series.

Profile Image for Paganalexandria .
1,462 reviews
Shelved as 'did-not-finish'
February 1, 2018
Russian mafia princess Amara doesn't know who to trust. A past harrowing ordeal has left huge gaps in her memory, dreaming of a mystery man. Security expert Riordan “Rory” Malone is at first resentful when his former client, and lover shows up on his doorstep. He agrees to come to her rescue, but plans to lay siege to every part of her in the bargain.

The Good:
1. Rory's Irish alpha charm was swoon worthy.

2. Russian mafia theme is always a bonus for me.

The Bad:
1. Amaya has amnesia. At least she is only missing a year of her life.

2. Though this is book one in this series, I was a little lost in the beginning. Maybe it's a spinoff?

Final Thoughts:
I really tried, but could not finish this book, mostly because of the personal trope issue, versus quality. I HATE amnesia as a story point. It is very hard for me to progress past it. If that isn't a book peeve, you should not have the same problem.

*received ARC from Netgalley
Profile Image for Candace Tidwell.
326 reviews29 followers
September 9, 2018
I really am stumped on this review. Maybe I built it too much prior to reading it. It just was not what I expected. The prologue hooked me. The book just plateaued afterwards. Dont get me wrong Collision Point was a good book and I plan on reading the next in the series.
Profile Image for Mara.
2,467 reviews228 followers
January 26, 2018
3.5
Collision Point is heralded as a new series by Lora Leigh, but I suspect it's a spin off. Its media res beginning is both intriguing and a bit maddening. Characters have clearly a backstory that was lost to me, that said the plot was really easy to follow. Unfortunately, I thought it was a bit too thin, as the sex to story ratio was pretty high. 😊 The ending saved the day: It packed a punch of twists and revelations that had me reaching for my own tumbler of whiskey.

Her heroine is a mix of naïve and innocent, and sassy and strong, and was really easy to like. Her hero the usual brooding Alpha, their love story both tender and heartrending with a touch of paranormal that is left unexplained.

Her fans will love this news story as it has her usual sizzling signature.
835 reviews75 followers
March 3, 2018
I had such high hopes for Collision Point only to have them come crashing down. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a great story to be found in here, but it’s buried so deep under unneeded and repetitive angst it’s hard to find. I wanted to like all the characters but I spent most my time wanting to jack slap them for being so frustrating.

So how did a man convince a woman who had forgotten him, to remember him again and to hopefully remember everything that happened after he left her.

For starters I didn’t realize I was signing up for an amnesia story. It’s not my favorite trope at all to the point I tend to avoid it like the plague. To be fair, this particular storyline could have worked except for the fact that everyone stood around wringing their hands talking about what they could do to help her remember, but there was no follow through. Even when moments would come up where they could fill in some blanks to jog her memory, they just left her hanging. I can’t tell you how many times I highlighted a paragraph and wrote “WTF? What a dumbass!” Most of the book just felt like page after page of angsty filler.

On top of the amnesia there was the relationship back and forth. She might not have remembered him, but she dreamed of him. And even after admitting she knew she loved him, she questioned everything about him. She went to him for help and then fought him the entire way. It drove me absolutely bonkers.

My favorite part of the book was actually getting a glimpse at Noah’s life. I read his story, Wild Card, years ago and really enjoyed it. It was nice to get a catch up with how his life with Bella was going.

As for Collision Point, it was full of potential but it spun its wheels for probably ¾ of the book in the most completely frustrating ways.

Rating: 2.5 Frustrated Stars

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Profile Image for Anita.
2,026 reviews136 followers
July 8, 2018

Unless you've read the Elite Ops Series, I don't recommend you read this book. Even though this book is being marketed as a new series, it is really a spin-off and tied very closely to the Elite Ops Series. I guarantee that if you pick this book up expecting a complete standalone book, like me, you will be very disappointed. The hero/heroine have appear to have significant history and in a lot of ways I feel just like the heroine, who has no memory of the last year. Except, there are a lot of characters she does know and the reader has no clue about. If you like a little plot with your sex, you may enjoy this book

The book opens with Riordan Malone rescuing Amara Resnova. She is badly beaten and injured and has no memory of how she came to be there or the months leading up to her rescue. Riordan, on the other hand, knows Amara intimately and has deep feelings for her. How they parted in the first place isn't relayed to the reader for a good long time.

Anyway, after a six month recovery and incidences that could have been more, Amara feels she is still in danger and goes looking for Riordan. He was told that she didn't want to see him again after he recovered from his injuries sustained during the rescue where he nearly died. He has a lot of anger toward Amara, but if she feels she is in danger, he is going to do everything he can to keep her safe and find whoever is threatening her. His price? Getting back in her bed.
2 1/2-Stars
Profile Image for Fabi.
1,009 reviews145 followers
February 12, 2018
It started out great. But after the prologue it got weird for me. I didn't like that they already had a romantic past. I had a hard time believing in her memory loss that spanned exactly one year and didn't happen until months after her initial capture. Finally, I just didn't get Riordan. He was all possessive and aggressive, but he initially walked away when told to do so. These may sound like spoilers, but they really aren't, they're basically the starting premise of the story.

I always feel bad when I can't be more positive of an ARC. But this is an extremely well known author in Erotica Romance. I had high hopes.

Review ARC graciously provided by the publisher via NetGalley
Profile Image for ~Stéphanie's Journal~.
620 reviews348 followers
Read
March 5, 2018
DNF - no rating

I can't really say I read the book because from the prologue I could say something was off.
After doing some research I learnt the Brute Force series was a spin-off of another series which I didn't read. While usually this isn't a problem, it was here.
In the prologue you are thrown directly in the action from a previous book. The MC seems already an item and I was very confused. It was like I was missing a huge part of their story.
After the first chapter I couldn't continue because it didn't felt right.
I wouldn't have requested the book if I knew from the beginning what I know now.

~ARC provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review~
Profile Image for Astraycat.
920 reviews74 followers
March 26, 2018
If you've read Wild Card, you'd remember Noah' s younger brother. This is his story.

Glad to get a glimpse of Noah' s life after he got together with Sabella again. And it's great to read their grandfather tell old stories.

As the author's usual plot, the sex scenes were hot. Both H and h were too stubborn to admit their love toward each other. Sometimes I got too impatient when h refuse to admit her eagerness to be close to H.

An epilogue will be great.
Profile Image for Melanie.
1,289 reviews263 followers
November 24, 2019
3.5 Stars

Collision Point was an incredibly hot romance packed full of suspense with characters willing to go to extremes for the ones they love.

Riordan Malone, a member of the Brute Force Protection Agency, is the youngest in a long line of Malone men who are willing to risk everything for the women they love. Riordan believed Amara Resnova to be that woman only for her abduction to tear them apart when after a daring rescue operation, Amara wanted nothing to do with him. Six months later, Amara suddenly returns to Riordan’s life claiming no memory of the year prior to her abduction but adamant that he can protect her from unknown enemies still after her. Unsure of each other the two embark on a mission to find out who is after her while trying to protect their hearts along the way.

Amara has spent the six months since her abduction trying to put her life back in order while also trying to remember the year prior to her abduction. The one fragment she can remember leads her to Riordan who she feels a deep connection to. Despite her belief that someone is trying to kill her, Amara is determined to live her life and can be quite stubborn when told to do otherwise. Amara is very close to her father and loves him despite his shady business dealings and his tendency to try and control her life.

Riordan has spent the last six months recovering from injuries sustained during Amara’s rescue under the belief that she doesn’t want to see him. Riordan is very much an alpha male type hero (one of my favorite types of romance heroes) and can be quite protective, so being separated from Amara is particularly difficult for him. Riordan is very close with his family and his relationship with his grandfather, which is more of a father/son relationship, was one of my favorites.

Amara and Riordan’s relationship starts out a bit slowly as she has no memory of him or their relationship in the year before her abduction. Their physical attraction is there right away, but for Amara the rest of it comes back more slowly. When the relationship does get physical, it’s extremely hot and very steamy. There is a bit of miscommunication in their relationship, but it’s understandable as she doesn’t remember him so the trust isn’t immediately there. I enjoyed the unique connection Riordan and Amara shared and it was definitely something I haven’t seen before but added an interesting layer to their relationship.

Collision Point is the first book in a spin-off series of the author’s previous series, Elite Ops, which is not something I was aware of going into this book. I have not read any of the Elite Ops books which did put me at a slight disadvantage as a number of the characters in this book are from that series and the book is written in a way that assumes you’ve read those books.

Ultimately, Collision Point ended up being a very enjoyable romantic suspense read that I likely would have enjoyed more had I read the previous series this is connected to. I will definitely be continuing with the series and look forward to reading more books from the author in the future.

**I received an advance copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**
Profile Image for Laz the Sailor.
1,445 reviews74 followers
August 30, 2019
This author was one of my first reads in this genre - I really liked her early Breeds series. So I was looking forward to this thriller.

Unfortunately, it was a bit of a mess. Very angsty, with a long build-up complete with last second interruptions - several times! There is a back-story in some of the earlier series, but this is supposed to be stand-alone, and it didn't stand too well. And then the ending is a double-clutched frenzy with villains emerging from all directions.

If you like uber-alphas and a boatload of angst, then you'll like this a lot more than I did.
Profile Image for Janet.
2,086 reviews25 followers
March 6, 2018
Entertaining with a suspenseful plot. Riordan and Amara are good characters. I felt the story flowed smoothly and was enjoyable. There were some twists that I didn't see coming. Since Amara's abduction, she has no memory of what happened. Riordan won't leave her side till he finds out who's after her. I enjoyed the mix of suspense and heat and will definitely read the next one.
Profile Image for ~Mandi~.
281 reviews28 followers
March 3, 2018
Lora Leigh
5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Super suspenseful romance by Lora Leigh. I love this author and her work. This is another amazing story that grabs you right at the beginning and you can’t put it down.
Lots of steamy scenes which Leigh is famous for. I can’t wait for more in this series.

Summary:
From #1 bestselling author Lora Leigh comes Collision Point, part of the thrilling Brute Force series—packed with powerful men, steely women, and explosive passion.
SHE’S NOTHING BUT TROUBLE
Riordan Malone is more than a bodyguard. As an Elite Ops agent, he’s ripped, raged, and ready to rumble—a true warrior, inside and out. But no war zone can compare to the battle in Rory’s heart when he lays eyes on the only woman he’s ever loved—and thought he had lost forever. . .
HE’S EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS
As the daughter of a crime lord, Amara Resnova has endured the cruelty of her father’s enemies—and has tried to escape that world ever since. Now, she must reach out to the one man who saved her life, even if she’s never forgiven him for breaking her heart. But Amara is tougher today than she was then. She’s also more desirable to Rory—and dangerous to love. Can he protect her from her father’s enemies without surrendering to his own passions…or will love seal their fate for good?
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 457 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.