Start by marking “Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books” as Want to Read:
Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books

Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books

Want to learn how to use Amazon ads to find readers and sell more books?

There are plenty of advertising options for savvy authors who want to build their publishing careers. Amazon Marketing Services ads might have the most potential. They enable authors to reach readers looking to buy books on the world's biggest online retailer. And, unlike other platforms, those readers
Published April 10th 2017 by SPF Books

To ask other readers questions about Learn Amazon Ads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learn Amazon Ads

John Martin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Ho-hum

This book was cheap to buy so I suppose you get what you pay for.
But it is based on outdated information.
I suppose I’d still be impressed if I hadn’t already heard the tips many times before on free podcasts.
But the fact is the book was dredging over old material, and the author and Mark Dawson should consider either updating the book or unpublishing it rather than profit from a manual whose time has passed.
Graeme Rodaughan
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short, concise introduction to AMAZON adverts. I used it to place my first advert today. Useful information in an accessible form.
Ivie
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very insightful and straightforward about ads on Amazon. I have found this guide incredibly helpful. Why four stars? There were mentions of things I don't approve of used for examples. This pertains to certain genres. Nothing was in detail, I just felt like it was unnecessary. Also, even though this book was co-written, it seemed the other writer did most of the talking, not Mr. Dawson. Just my thoughts. This book is short, I read it in about ten minutes. Yet it had the most helpful information ...more
Brigitta Moon
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To the point information you can use.

This is a book I consider a great investment of my time. The author gets to the point. I like that I didn't have to fish through flourished writing before reading the information I was after.
Patricia Bell
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great information!

Mark Dawson takes the time to explain AMS in terms that even I can understand. I've been nervous to try Amazon ADs but I think I'm ready to try it. Thanks Mark.
A.K. Pittman
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good ams overview

Good overview of AMS ads. How to set them up and how yo use. Good tips on budget and easy to understand.
Scott
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and worth it

Great introduction to Amazon ads. No fluff or filler, just how to set them up and run them. I read another, longer book on the subject right afterwards, but this has enough accurate information to get you started.
Elizabeth Bromke
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for a great manual!

Five stars because I learned critical info that redirected me. Would love to see more specs on what success looks like for my genre.
Tracey Pedersen
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
If you've never run an ams ad or never been to the dashboard there may be some useful information here. It's very, very basic, though and not nearly enough information to successfully run ads. The included video is worthwhile as are all of Mark Dawson's teachings. I was surprised that this book was so light on in-depth information. But I did get it for free :)
Wendy Werneth
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good overview

This is a short book that provides a good overview of Amazon Ads. While Mark Dawson's name is on the front cover, it seems that most of the text was actually written by the other co-author. It's a bit weird to imagine Mark's voice in my head and then hear him talk about his guitar instruction books and realize it's not actually him talking.
J.K. Norry
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not worth the price

If you've watched Mark's AMS webinar, then you already have all of the information presented in this *very* short book.
Stephanie Bibb
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found Learning Amazon Ads free for the Kindle, so I went ahead and gave it a read. I haven't tried Amazon ads before, but I felt that it gave a nice overview of what to expect and how to set up an AMS ad. Based on what I've read, I hope to eventually give the AMS platform a try. The book is short, and doesn't go into a whole lot of extra details, but if you haven't dabbled with the setup, it might be worth taking a look at to see if you want to delve further into the topic.

(Note: I didn't watc
D. Thrush
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This free guide is only 31 pages. It’s very basic and is for someone like me who has no clue how to run an Amazon ad. There’s also a free video which goes into more detail. I found this very helpful. PPC ads have always made me nervous but, after reading this, I see the value and have jumped in. This may be the boost my books need. This is the second free guide I’ve read in this series and I find them worth reading.

Meredith
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really more 3 1/2. I think this book has some really good advice for people who have absolutely no idea about how Amazon ads work. I did find a few pieces of clarification in here but since I've been playing with the ads for a couple months I don't think it was as beneficial for me as it would be for someone just starting out.
Ted Tayler
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Useful guide"

Easy to follow steps. Lots of useful tips and tricks. Ideal companion if you're thinking of going down the Sponsored Products route. There are no guarantees your efforts will work, but that's life. At least with a book like this by your side you're better prepared than those who haven't.
Prakash Sharma
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well researched.

I have not tried it yet but looks good. Online marketing depends a lot on ads, keywords, SEO, etc. It's better to learn these things rather than being dependent on others. In today's competitive world, it's really tough to find genuine and profitable service providers.
Christy Bower
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never tried Amazon ads, but with the tutorial here, I feel better about giving it a try. The author went beyond a how-to explanation to offer his own insights and recommendations. It's reassuring not just to know the "how" but the "why" to the decisions one must make in advertising. I got a lot out of this volume.
Barbra Campbell
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd been warned to stay away from Amazon ads, so when I saw this book, I decided I would give Dawson 31 pages to convince me otherwise. The writing is simple to understand, gave straightforward guides on what to do, and left me with confidence to try them. I'd used Facebook ads before, and this book showed me that Amazon ads were easier. I gave it a shot and was happy with my results.
Kip Ferguson
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a nice little concise guide. It was easy to follow and didn't use a lot of fluff. There are probably a few areas, especially related to keywords that could have been expanded, but over all very helpful.
Deborah Kulish
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Information I Can Use

This is information I can use! I hadn’t thought about using AMS, but after reading this book I’m going to do it. What’s the worst that can happen? Thank you to Mark J Dawson Joseph Alexander!
Leanne Findley
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clear and easy to understand

A well written, clear and easy to understand book. It is certainly one I would recommend to author's and those interested in using Amazon to advertise.
D K Greene
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't get as much out of this books as I'd hoped, but there is value here for people who haven't ever touched Amazon ads before. The supplemental learning video linked in the e-book was the most helpful part for me.
Yvonne Carder
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Concise and very relevant

This is a must read for anyone working on building conversions with Amazon ads. Very simple to understand even if you've never run an ad before. Great additional resources too. Thank you for an invaluable tool for an authors arsenal.
Michael
Nov 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was really disappointing and I don't think it was even the real book. Most of the information was useless, links didn't work and some of the information didn't match what he talks about in his classes. Also half way through this very short book it stopped working on my kindle.
Kristen Walker
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick and to the point

Explains how to set up Amazon ads in plain language with examples. There are a few tips, but it mostly recommends experimenting to find out what works. It was enough to get me started.
Susan
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good advice, easy to understand

Don't let this short read fool you. It's packed with detailed information on how to set up your AMS account and start advertising your book. Great info in a concise and easy to read format.
Valerie Bodden
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great intro to using Amazon ads for authors. Definitely enough to get you started using the platform.
Shirley Penick
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick handbook on AMS ads

Fast read and good information for people wanting to get into Amazon ads. Step by step instructions on how to set them up.
Patrick McNulty
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome resource

Another master class by Mark Dawson. Thanks for the great resource. This book clearly outlines an essential process for success on Amazon.
Patty Ayers
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Short, sweet, simple

Concise and relevant information, up until Amazon changed the reporting format in January 2019. Overview that begs for further reading

• Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
  • Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author's Guide
  • Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle (Book Marketing for Authors 1)
  • Save the Cat! Strikes Back: More Trouble for Screenwriters to Get Into... and Out of
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
  • The Individual In A Social World: Essays and Experiments
  • Smashwords Book Marketing Guide
  • Fall in Love, Stay in Love
  • Robert's Rules for Dummies
  • I'll Hold You In Heaven: Healing and Hope for the Parent Who has Lost a Child through Miscarriage, Stillbirth, Abortion or Early Infant Death
  • The Atlas of Happiness