Start by marking “The Complete Mailing List Toolkit: A box set” as Want to Read:
The Complete Mailing List Toolkit: A box set

The Complete Mailing List Toolkit: A box set

Content updated Feb 2018. Contains a link to a free MailChimp & Mailerlite video course.
Is a broken mailing list holding back your author career? Discover how to transform your marketing and attract dedicated readers.

Does emailing your subscribers feel like shouting into the void? Are you struggling to come up with newsletter ideas that resonate with readers? Author

Published April 6th 2017 by Barb Drozdowich

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Mailing List Toolkit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Mailing List Toolkit

Lauren James
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: research
Incredibly useful advice for anyone who runs a newsletter. The information about what flags up spam accounts was especially useful for me. I'll be following more of Barb's writing and advice - she knows her stuff.
James Minter
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: self-published authors
Shelves: reviewed
For authors, the humble mailing list has been described as the ultimate book marketing channel. With an email list, you can promote and share new ideas, products, and services and then direct readers to a place where they can make the purchase – your website, Amazon, etc. Moreover, email is the fastest, cheapest, most powerful way to engage with your readers in large numbers. No other service, not even social media, is as personal as email, and if done right, you have the potential to sell way m ...more
Ellen Whyte
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent primer for anyone wanting to work online using MailChimp. It covers the features of the newsletter service, the laws affecting users in Canada and the USA, and is thorough and clear in basic do's and don'ts.

I wish I'd read this years ago because it would have been awfully helpful. As it is, it didn't offer anything new, but that's probably because I've read the help files and have been using MailChimp for some time. I was hoping to pick up some tips outside of, "Be interest
Carsten Hansen
When you are running a business, and that includes being a musician, writing books, being an artist or almost any other thing that involves doing anything creatively, a mailing list with email addresses of your clients and other potentially interested individuals is absolutely crucial.
But how do you go about building a mailing list if you are just starting out and how to you handle the communication with those on your mailing list?
This book, or if you like Mailing List Toolkit, takes you from
Tami
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, blogging
A great toolkit for beginners to the email marketing game, or people who want to learn more about email marketing. It's extra helpful for people who use (or want to use) MailChimp, which isn't me.

Overall, this set was pretty good. There wasn't much information in it that I didn't already know, but it was still thorough and something I wish I could've read when I was just starting out. I expected it to have more tips for growing an email list though, not so much for beginners.

I recommend this to
Ana
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: novice bloggers and authors
Shelves: arc, e-book
I am impressed by Barb Drozdowich’s books and this box set in particular. It has four extremely useful books:
Book 1 – Strategies to grow your list
Book 2 – The nuts and bolts of MailChimp
Book 3 – Get your emails delivered
Book 4 – Newsletters that rock

I just discovered this author through this box set and I already have a list of other books by her to read. In fact, I just bought one yesterday. She writes mainly for book authors but the content she conveys can also benefit bloggers.
This box set ha
Ann Thomas
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This really is the complete kit for beginners, right from signing up for your account and creating a newsletter to simple automations. I've been using MailChimp for a while, but still found lots of things I didn't know and plenty of good advice. All explained clearly without being patronising. Highly recommended.
Kay
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2017
Do you want a mailing-list-maker guide with tactics to make your newsletter sticky and keep your fans engaged? This clearly organized box set is your new #1 reference. I am one of many who do not find MailChimp “easy.” Targeting the beginning and intermediate user, the book is also useful for the power user to review fundamentals and pick up new tips.

Drozdowich gives the “why” and the “how” of MailChimp’s functions, and, most helpful, shows what she uses or does not use (and why).

Understanding
May 19, 2017
Debbi Mack
May 20, 2017
Barb
Jun 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Destiny
Malcolm Grissom
Sep 10, 2018
Krista W.
Apr 25, 2019
Barb can teach anyone to use WordPress. She is a voracious reader of Regency Romance, taxi driver, gourmet chef in training, and slave to a cute puppy.

Barb has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving p