Start by marking “Let Sleeping Dogs Lie” as Want to Read:
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An evocative, powerful novel in which a family hiding long-forgotten secrets are forced to destroy themselves in order that they may rebuild everything they thought they were.
Published September 1st 2006 by BET Publishing, LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Great read! drama,family secrets,intriguing and revealing...nice storytelling (paperback!)
Desiree Watson
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Angela and Sylvia are sisters who have been at odds for a long time. When the truth of Sylvia being molested by her cousin Tony comes out, the family is torn apart.

Angela has to find it in her heart to forgive her husband Reese for being unfaithful, if she doesn't she stands the chance of losing him for good.

The whole family has secrets, including Angela and Sylvia's mother.

Will the Reynolds family be able to get through these secrets and survive?

Read: April 2016
Aug 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
Entertaining book about family secrets and lies. I laughed, I cried. The older generation of family members remind me so much of my own family. They believe you let sleeping dogs lie so that no one gets hurt. The author puts a religious spin on this book and that is uplifting.
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't know why I didn't like this book more, it had all of the makings of a great book, but for some reason, I didn't dig it as was just okay; maybe it was the pace. IDK. So much went on in the story, and I kind of feel as though the ending was incomplete. I don't know if I would read it again.
Katie (Nanola) Brown-Henry
Mar 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. It followed the story of a large close knit family that stuck together during difficult times. The extended Reynolds kept many secrets and the story deals with the implications and impacts of those secrets.
Aug 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
What the Haley!? After 2 chapters, I realized, I didn't want to struggle to continue reading the book.
Jun 18, 2009 marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Demetra Hall
Aug 21, 2013
Feb 25, 2009
Patricia Haley, an award winning national bestselling author, earned the title of ‘trailblazer’ after achieving remarkable success with her first faith-based novel. She self-published her debut novel, Nobody's Perfect, in 1998 and immediately sold nearly 20,000 copies in an industry where selling 5,000 copies at the time was highly regarded. The novel was the first of its kind to repeatedly make n ...more
More about Patricia Haley...