Start by marking “Sir Chocolate and the sugar dough bees story and cookbook” as Want to Read:
Sir Chocolate and the sugar dough bees story and cookbook

Sir Chocolate and the sugar dough bees story and cookbook

Paperback, First
Published March 2017 by TSL Publications

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Chocolate and the sugar dough bees story and cookbook

Vicki
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
You might know by now, but I love how Robbie Cheadle puts her fondant illustrations to books that she and her son, Michael, write. But when she came up with the sugar dough bees, she wrapped my heart around her little finger. I loved their little fat bodies and their adorable story.

Sojourner McConnell
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I know I have loved each of the other books, but when I saw those massively cute bees, I loved this one even more. There is something fun and endearing with fat bumble bodies and those busy wings.

The story was fun, and sharing these books with my granddaughters makes for even better memories. I loved each book, but man oh man, these bees got to me. I am quite a fan of Ms. Cheadle and Michael.
Jacqui
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who could not pick up Robbie and Michael Cheadle's story-and-baking book, Sir Chocolate and the Sugar Dough Bees Story and Cookbook (TSL Publications 2017) after reading this blurb:

"A greedy snail damages the flower fields and the fondant bees are in danger of starving. Join Sir Chocolate on an adventure to find the fruit drop fairies who have magic healing powers and discover how to make some of his favourite foods on the way."

This is a fun poetic story about the adventu
Sally Cronin
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will be a delightful read for a child, and their adult companions for that matter. A brightly coloured cast of characters, with Sir Chocolate himself created from one of the most favourite treats of all time. Ten year old Michael Cheadle came up with the idea of this charasmatic character and also his lovely Lady Sweet. Robbie not only creates these characters from fondant icing, but composes the story in verse that takes us on this current adventure.

From a conservation per
Christina Van
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's so easy to read the very imaginative and rhyming story. Although I thought it would be too much text for my toddlers of 2 and four, they sat through 2 of Robbie's books in one go and just loved the sugar dough characters in the book. Afterwards we had to try and make the figures and since then they're hooked and want to play "icing sugar" all the time. Would love to see a step-by-step on some of the characters in the back to show how to make it, so o ...more
Jann Weeratunga
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adore Robbie and Michael's concept behind their books - just brilliant.

Interactive so that parents can not only read a book with their children but create the characters plus much more. A fun was to read, but also be involved with your children's development, and I am sure it leads to many more imaginative games as the children can use their dough character in their own games.

A much-needed read for this busy world we live in, to make us slow down, interact and be with o
Donna
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think that this may be my favourite of the three Sir Chocolate books. The images are great and I love the story!
Carolien
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, children-5-7
In this adventure, Sir Chocolate and Lady Sweet must find the fruit drop fairies to help heal the flowers that had been chewed by a hungry snail. This is a lovely book for little girls - full of pretty fairies, a cute squirrel and happy bees. I'm off to make the jammy scones which look ideal for tea today.
Bianca
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read into the world of Sir Chocolate and I loved it. It is a wonderful story that parents can enjoy with their little ones. I'll definitely recommend!
Donna
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new design and such a cute story.
Misty's Book Space
Md
Sep 17, 2019
Edwardky
Oct 16, 2019
Robbie, short for Roberta, is an author with six published children’s picture books in the Sir Chocolate books series for children aged 2 to 9 years old (co-authored with her son, Michael Cheadle), one published middle grade book in the Silly Willy series and one published preteen/young adult fictionalised biography about her mother’s life as a young girl growing up in an English town in Suffolk d ...more