Start by marking “Active Memory (Mirador, #3)” as Want to Read:
Active Memory (Mirador, #3)

Active Memory

(Mirador #3)

From Dan Wells, author of the New York Times bestselling Partials Sequence and the John Cleaver series, comes the third and final book in the dark, pulse-pounding, sci-fi neo-noir series that began with the acclaimed novel Bluescreen.

For all the mysteries teen hacker Marisa Carneseca has solved, there has been one that has always eluded her: the truth behind the car accide
Published 2018 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Active Memory, please sign up.
Rae Palmer I put in a question to Audible about an English book release, but I doubt I'm going to get an answer. Might just break down and find some time to read…moreI put in a question to Audible about an English book release, but I doubt I'm going to get an answer. Might just break down and find some time to read it, but man I'm going to miss the narrator on the first two. (less)
Jim Marsh It says the final book. Without spoiling anything, the mysteries that have been present throughout the series are discovered. Truths come out. Arcs ar…moreIt says the final book. Without spoiling anything, the mysteries that have been present throughout the series are discovered. Truths come out. Arcs are completed.

With that said - I'd love to have more adventures of the Cherry Dogs in the future. It's a fascinating setting with characters I love.(less)

Start your review of Active Memory (Mirador, #3)
Audrey

This is the third in the trilogy, following Bluescreen and Ones and Zeroes. It’s set in the year 2050 in Los Angeles, where everyone has the Internet in their brains and social media has pretty much taken over everything.

But the setting is not a substitute for the plot. There’s a lot going on here, but it’s mostly a mystery. When a severed hand turns up, Marisa is determined to find out about the car accident that left her with a prosthetic arm. The hand belongs to the driver of the car
Jessica
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, wow. Wow wow wow! And occasionally ew! (This is Dan we're talking about here!)

Lots of real world action in this one, lots of crazy, and lots of big secrets being revealed! I'm feeling very smug, because I totally called it in regards to the guy. You know, that one guy? Called it! Also figured out what was going on in regards to that other person. I feel so smart!

Anyway! What Dan is doing so well with this series is really nailing how the near future will look. The extreme poverty and extreme
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Dan Well's Active Memory is the third and final installment in the Mirador trilogy. This is a series that is set in 2050 Los Angeles. It is a world where almost everyone has a Djinni built right into their brains. It is a world where protagonist Marisa Carneseca lives with her parents and siblings in a neighborhood called Mirador. Mirador is run from top to bottom by Don Francisco Maldonado & his family. Marisa is a pret
Stephanie Ward
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

'Active Memory' is the mesmerizing third book in a young adult science fiction/dystopian series that will leave readers begging for more. It continues to follow our main character, Marisa, as she and her friends find themselves in more trouble and with even more questions than before. It seems that if Marisa wants to learn the truth about her past, it's going to cost her (and many others) a lot more than she ever thought.

This book was amazing, just like the other two before it. Every si
Jonathan Rader
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 to 4.5 stars. I enjoyed the final book in this trilogy! I felt that it got back to what made the first book in the series so good: Mytery, intrigue, danger, and emotional connection. The second book in the series departed from many of the main plot lines introduced in the first book. While it wasn't a bad read, it was not nearly as gripping as this one. I really like the near future setting, the cool things technology can do, and the problems technology also causes. This was a great read!
Elisa
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting trilogy with wild yet possible science. Quite Enjoyable and kinda scary! :) love it
Kelsey Wheeler
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The past is in the past, It can't hurt you unless you let it. So we're not going to let it."

This book was amazing, just like the other two before it! I really love Dan Wells writing style and can't wait to check out his other series!

Marisa and The Cherry Dogs are back at it again hacking their way through the world wide web. This time Marisa is finally finding out things that we have been wondering since book one. Why was she in the car with Omar's Mom fifteen years ago!

I definitely didn't see
Kathy
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
4.5 stars. Very nice conclusion to the series. I love Wells' vision of the future; it's dystopian but not. There's good and bad.
Antonio
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Wells’s writing. He’s great at writing characters you care about and putting them in plots with fast moving stories that provide enough mystery to keep you turning pages. This book completes Wells’s Mirador series. It’s a YA near future cyberpunk series. The protagonist, Mari, is a young hacker in Los Angeles’s Mirardor neighborhood. Her family owns a small restaurant that her father runs, in a neighborhood run by a crime family, in a world run by corporations. Mari has problems with all ...more
Dan Wells's Mirador: where the young women are high tech badasses, and the young men are largely incidental.

No, seriously, like completely incidental. It's amazing.

Having successfully defeated the Bluescreen virus and pulled off an awesome heist under the cover of an Overworld tournament, Marisa Canesca is looking forward to a little downtime with her family at her brother's high school science fair. But before the judges can announce the winners, a homicide detective shows up to arrest Don Fran
Andralynn
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this was my favorite of the series. I liked the little bit of focus on Marisa and her relationship with her dad, and it was obviously nice to get answers to all the questions that had been brought up in the previous two books. I do think it's interesting that every book basically has its own storyline that has little to do with the others. You really could probably read each book separately and still enjoy them. You wouldn't know the characters as well and wouldn't understand some of the ...more
Ms. Cat's World
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are into Science Fiction, and especially if technology and mystery intrigue you, this is quite a read! The third book in the Mirador Series follows Marisa as she (okay, WE) finally comes face to face with the one mystery that has plagued and eluded her.

The truth behind her arm and Zenaida, a mob boss' wife, who was said to have died in a car accident with her youngest son and Marisa in the vehicle.

I noted this leaned more towards "real-life" versus the gaming world of binary and coding w
Chris Cutler
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A strong conclusion to the Mirador series. The mystery is well-constructed, the side characters are strong, and the setting is great. Even more than in the first two books, Active Memory conveys the feeling of a very lived-in Los Angeles megalopolis. For some reason I also had an easier time envisioning the frequently-described clothing this time around.

In Ones and Zeroes I particularly enjoyed the way that Wells incorporated the gaming sequences more fully into the narrative. Overworld games we
Alissa
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, some answers! The reality of what happened in the 'accident' was very unexpected, so that was good. It wasn't really on my list of possibilities, but it was also one of those things where there wasn't enough information to guess. I did totally figure out (in the last book) one of the big reveals near the end of this one, and was a little surprised Marisa didn't. That said, the relationships continue to be the best part of this series. I love them all. And Marisa and her Dad are so adora ...more
Carlie Allred
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis: In this third book in the series, set 30 or so years in the future, Marissa and her (super-smart, witty, and fashionable) friends use their hacking skills and dubious connections to discover what really caused the car crash that took Marissa's arm when she was two years old.

My Thoughts: These books are amazing - exciting and engaging all the way through. Marissa and her friends are like a female-heavy, multi-ethnic Ocean's 11 set in the near future. And the projections of what the futu
Erin
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
dan wells is just fun

he writes fun teenagers who are whip smart and toss comebacks back and forth like hot potatoes

the girls in this book are totally dedicated to each other the way so many high school girls are, at that age when your friends are everything

i like the way he's developed marisa's moral compass - she does illegal things sometimes, but her sense of right and wrong is always there

as compared with renata, who flows with the tides of money but is still awesome
Child960801
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
This is the third book in the Mirador series and it brings everything to a nice conclusion. The long teased mystery of the car crash that resulted in Marisa losing her arm is at the centre in this book and we finally learn the truth. There is less time spent in the game Overwatch in this book, but there is lots of adventures, this time looking at cloning and body adjustment.

I enjoyed this series a lot and look forward to whatever Dan Wells is writing next.

T.K.
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so enthralled by Well's dystopian world! I wouldn't want to live there, but Wells captures so perfectly the future I worry about dressed up in amazing technology. The villain was especially terrifying and cool all at once. I really hope this isn't the last of Marisa's adventures, because I'll never stop wondering about her.
Kate
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, library
Active Memory is the best Mirador book yet. If you like cyberpunk, you should definitely give the series a try (start at the beginning, though). It's a refreshingly modern take on cyberpunk, and I wish I could find more books like it. Hacking! Gang wars! Crazy futuristic tech! Evil megacorporations!

And if you're not particularly a fan of cyberpunk, try it anyway if you like sci-fi.
Alexander
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Another excellent Dan Wells book that hooked me beginning to end. The cyberpunk future that he sketches is depressing but unfortunately I can see it happen easily. The bond between Marisa and her friends, as well as her family and in particular her dad, is described very well. This is the one book where we find out how everything fits together and it's a fun ride beginning to end.
Carley (ꈍ ᴗ ꈍ✿)
YAAASSSS QUEEEEEEN

Such an amazing ending to this series! So many questions I've had since the beginning were finally answered! Totaly passed all my expectations. But man I'm so sad this series is over. I'd read so many more books about these characters.

Cherry dogs forever!
Deb
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok. I liked the first book in the series the best. This is the final book and it does unveil the mystery of why she was in the car with a mob bosses wife and how she lost her arm, which Mr Wells tied up very nicely.
Kira Brighton
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an awesome sci-fi, with a lot of cool concepts and a wonderfully diverse cast. (I think I might study Dan Wells' work to try and figure out how to write diverse worlds and perspectives well.) Probably my favorite of all the Dan Wells books I've read so far.
Karlene Browning
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. In this book we learn about Marisa's backstory that has only been hinted at in previous books. She and her friends are awesome!!
Angela Eschler
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great pacing, great characters, great dialogue- don't miss the series!
Geneviève
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn it, I'm so mad that this is the conclusion. I want moooooore
Nathaniel Darkish
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling. The best in the series.
Harrison
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Did not see that ending coming.
Liam
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I needed a good teenage cyberpunk, and this did the trick. As always, smart action mixed with solid emotional throughlines is excellent.
Ashley
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! Full review to come.

• Whisper of the Tide (Song of the Current, #2)
  • Earth Girl (Earth Girl, #1)
  • Hasta los huesos
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • Una sonata de verano
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • Earth Star (Earth Girl, #2)
  • Empire of Shadows (Bhinian Empire, #2)
  • Lotus and Thorn
  • Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad, #3)
  • Shadow Call (Kaitan Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead Zone  (Blackout, #2)
  • There
  • Shadow Run (Kaitan Chronicles, #1)
  • Return to Honor (Powder Mage, #1.5)
  • The Mad Lancers (Gods of Blood and Powder, #0.1)
  • The Scarlets (Asylum #1.5)
Dan Wells is a thriller and science fiction writer. Born in Utah, he spent his early years reading and writing. He is he author of the Partials series (Partials, Isolation, Fragments, and Ruins), the John Cleaver series (I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don't Want To Kill You), and a few others (The Hollow City, A Night of Blacker Darkness, etc). He was a Campbell nomine for best new w ...more

Mirador (3 books)
  • Bluescreen (Mirador, #1)
  • Ones and Zeroes (Mirador, #2)