Start by marking “Elements (The Crystal Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elements (The Crystal Series, #1)

Read Book

Elements (The Crystal Series, #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  31 ratings  ·  13 reviews
“What would you do if you suddenly discovered that nothing about life was as you thought it was and all your choices seem to have been made for you centuries before you were born? That’s the reality young Alexa faces, and how well she copes will determine the fate of her world and that of the preternatural. Now, if only someone would explain what is going on!”
For eighteen-
Published March 10th 2017 by @NiaMarkos

To ask other readers questions about Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elements

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Elements (The Crystal Series, #1)
Stephanie Collins
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing read that kept me turning the pages. There were lots of plot twists and unexpected diversions that kept me guessing. I warn readers that this is just the 1st in a series, so don't expect full resolution at the end, but it's a great beginning to a grand fantasy!
Kester Finley
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Young Adult Fantasy Thrill Ride of Fun!

With its weaving of supernatural elements and fantasy, Nia Markos's "Elements" takes readers on a thrill ride into magic, witchcraft, a mysterious new world, intrigue, and young adult romance. The pacing throughout Markos's first installment of her Crystal Series sets the tone for books to follow and allows readers to dive headfirst into a new world of danger that doesn't let up.

The book follows Alexa as she is thrust into a world beyond her normal life and
Art.Reads_83
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The first installment of The Crystal Trilogy by Nia Markos is simply amazing 💞 It was a unique ,well crafted and spellbinding novel📚 This book was gripping from the first page and was beautifully written fantasy with a rich ,compelling plot and enchanting characters🧚‍♀️🧜🏻‍♀️The story was well paced and suspenseful ,with charming romances and thrilling adventures .....from witches🧙🏻‍♀️, nymphs🧝🏼‍♀️ and elementals to a complicated love triangle , the story was unpredictable with some marvelou ...more
Yvette Calleiro
This book was fantastic! It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but it kept my attention after that. I really enjoyed the characters and each of their internal struggles. The author did a wonderful job of weaving the story so that the reader doesn't really know who to trust. I'm really good at predicting endings, and I'm even questioning certain characters. Lol!

This is very much a journey-style book, where the main character must go on a journey to discover her powers while also trying
Christine Rees
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the elements of a great read for young adults and adults alike. With its combination of supernatural elements, a complicated love triangle, danger and intrigue, it was very difficult to put down. The characters were well crafted, the plot strong and I really can't wait to find out what happens next in book 2 of the series.
Barb VanderWel
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Dominic Amato
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly entertaining read. The characters are realistic, interesting and come to life. The story manages to successfully merge reality with fantasy. Loved it.
Frank David
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. The story was great from the very beginning. A young woman, whose life was a series of moves and disconnection, leaves her controlling mother to attend college. Her life is sent into turmoil when her apartment is destroyed in an unexplained explosion. Her roommate convinces her to leave school and go with her to an unknown location, for her own protection. It is here that Alexa discovers she is not any ordinary college student. Though her questions are not quickly or easily a ...more
Jacqueline Snider
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
An extremely engaging book about magic, strange worlds, incredible powers and adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all the fantastic characters, and can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Taylor
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alrighty, folks, buckle up because epic ranting is about to ensue.

Every once and a while, I try a free book on my Kindle, usually when I am waiting on a particular book to be released or to become available at my library. In my experience, free books are almost always disasters, but I have found a couple of special ones in the mix, so I keep trying.

And in my searching, I discovered this book. It is free, I told myself, what could it hurt? Oh, it could do plenty of hurt. It could (and did) make
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
This book came highly recommended, so I started reading it with high hopes and ready for entertainment. Even when a book is part of a series, I love them best when they are stand-alone books. This book did not meet those criteria.

First, we see a very troubled love affair between Alexa and Aiden and Alexa’s infatuation with Liam, Aidan’s brother. We see the secretive life of Eliana, the Queen of a world hidden from the human world, but which a spell opened to the humans. Elsam, the bad, who wants
Karen Ingalls
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexa is a teenage girl whose life changes dramatically as she learns the truth of her existence and purpose in life. This is the first book of the Crystal Series and I am anxious to read the other two books based on how well written Elements was. The plot is gripping, characters are well described and believable, and the magic of fantasy is wonderful.
Melissa
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I love everything about this book and cannot wait read next one. The characters, story and the twists and turns keep you wanting more.
Chandaly
Mar 13, 2019
laara fox
Nov 28, 2018
Nia Markos
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Jess
Jul 06, 2018
Free Books, .99, ...: Free Urban Paranormal Fantasy 1 5 Apr 18, 2018 04:26AM

• The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Sky in the Deep (Sky in the Deep, #1)
  • Strangely Beautiful
  • Forbidden (A Zafarian Novel #1)
  • Chosen (The Warrior Chronicles, #1)
  • 100 Places To Visit In London
  • 100%
  • Top 100 Free Kindle Ebooks: Top 100 Free Best Sellers
  • One Hundred Demons
  • Het huis Anubis: Het boek vol mysteries
  • 100 Love Sonnets
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Restoration (Guardians of the Void, Book 1)
  • Tequila Rose Virginity Blues: Contemporary Romance Short Story
  • The 100 (The 100, #1)
I write about Sidhe faeries, magic, daemons and shadows, quests and prophecies, with mythological elements in The Crystal Series. (And The Guardians of the Accords series under the Elleanor Stone Collection). My next book, Sudden Shock, comes out September, 2018. I will also be releasing a follow up to The Crystal Series soon.

Young Adult and New Adult reads.
My books can fall under either categor

News & Interviews