Start by marking “Missing Alibi (Faukon Abbey Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
Missing Alibi (Faukon Abbey Mysteries #2)

Missing Alibi

(Faukon Abbey Mysteries #2)

Writing Detective stories can be deadly.

Who do you blame when your day job is murder?
That’s the question investigators, Detective Inspector Greene, Detective Constable Ford, and their journalist friend Carter are asking, when a popular mystery author is found dead after a party. Were her detective stories based on fact rather than fiction? Did the erotic series she had w
Published February 16th 2017 by Faukon Abbey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Missing Alibi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Alibi

Judith Baxter
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Faukon Abbey Mysteries series. You may recall I reviewed the first in the series, Remember Me, in March this year.

Once again this story is written as a play, perhaps another Greek Tragedy and once again we meet DI Greene and his offsider DC Ford and their friend and journalist Jimmy Carter.

Carter goes to meet a mysteries and romance writer who has recently moved into the area. He knows the house in which she lives as its previous owner was murdered. The writer kno
Carolynn
I love English police stories and this one is written more in the cozy genre, I believe, with real attention to the personal lives of the officers involved. A.K. Lakelett has done a fine job with her series so far, and I'm sure they will just get better and better. With the British attention to language training, you don't have to worry about grammar, etc. errors (just a few Britishisms cropping up). She is certainly getting added to my library for go-to authors!
Mary
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it. I was unsure what to think of it when I first picked it up as I am not used to reading novels written in the present tense. It felt more like I was reading a play rather than a novel. I quickly got past the "discomfort" and found myself really enjoying the book. The characters are interesting, and the twists and turns in the plot kept me enthralled (and guessing) until the very end. A.K. Lakelett has been added to my list of ...more
Barbara Flowers
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first started this book, I was a bit lost. It seemed to jump from one unrelated incident to another. In fact, I thought I must have missed something and started over, but I persevered. Once I got into the rhythm of the book, I was glad I did. A.K. Lakelett weaves an entertaining, complex, convoluted tale of murder and betrayal well worth reading. If you're a murder mystery fan, give it try. I think you'll enjoy the trip.

I requested and received a free copy of this book. My review is volu
Jackie
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great mystery story that leaves you trying to guess the end. Two detectives and a journalist try to figure out what happened to a popular mystery writer. Was she killed because of her stories, or was it totally some other reason. Loved the story, first time with this author, but not the last. Voluntarily reviewing this book.
Maari
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Different sort of story
I was a bit lost at the start, with the seemingly constant switching of character perspective, but then I became caught up in the mystery and who did what, when, along with the humor thrown in. I enjoyed this book and would read more from this Author.
A.K. Lakelett
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Missing Alibi continues to build on an original theme and one that would transition well to other mediums. It is highly recommended.

A welcome throwback to the days of intriguing murder mysteries that didn’t rely on sex and violence to disguise thinly veiled plots, Missing Alibi proves a welcome sequel to A. K. Lakelett's Remember Me. A timely and classic blend of suspense laced with one twist after another it’s one of those rare offerings that actually encourages the reader to solve the crime.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited but got some freebie days or giveaways set up on freebie sites by the writer. The last one was supposed to have another Faukon but writer decided it was better as standalone of somewhat different type instead.

Faukon Abbey Companion: Maps, Locations and Tea Time Reading (Faukon Abbey Mysteries Book 0)
Remember Me? (Faukon Abbey Mysteries Book 1)
Missing Alibi (Faukon Abbey Mysteries Book 2)

The Good Riddance Project: A Project Management Mystery (Occupational Hazard Book 1)

Again no
Adele Archer
Sep 09, 2017
Dawn Pollock
Feb 07, 2017
Christine Gevas
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story line was good, I really liked this book. The book does need a good editing but the content makes up for the errors for me. An author of many novels is found murdered. There are many suspects. The motives of any one of them could have led to murder. The characters are engaging and entertaining. I am excited to read the next and previous books in this series. I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.
Corine
Tamara Shilley
Nov 28, 2017
Linda
Dec 01, 2018
Author of Faukon Abbey Mysteries.

Growing up as a lonely kid in the Frozen North had one thing going for it, libraries! I was a frequent visitor in every library in every place we moved to. Read a lot books and created my own worlds. Finally this year, I decided to publish one of the stories.

My books, which are traditional detective stories, are set in the small town of Faukon Abbey, near Exeter in

Faukon Abbey Mysteries (2 books)
  • Remember Me? (Faukon Abbey Mysteries #1)