Start by marking “Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.: The Life You Want with the Money You Have” as Want to Read:
Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.: The Life You Want with the Money You Have

Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.: The Life You Want with the Money You Have

Are You Tired of Coming Up Short?

Do you feel stuck in a cycle of work, bills, and worry? Maybe you're too nervous to take a hard look at your budget, or your past budgeting efforts have resulted in little success. Either way, when your bank account flatlines and frustration mounts, real progress seems impossible.

There is a better way to reach your goals! In Live. Save. S
Published October 1st 2017 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Live. Save. Spend. Repeat., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.

Start your review of Live. Save. Spend. Repeat.: The Life You Want with the Money You Have
Rosemarie Groner
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super motivating, fantastic advice. I felt like I was working with a (REALLY GOOD) life coach while I read this.
Olivia | Liv's Library
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be extremely helpful! I could even relate to almost every single scenario Kim shared. I love the thought of creating end goals, and not letting your current debt keep you from concentrating on those goals. Saving money is not as hard as people say and I was happy to learn I'm already using some of these tips!
Elizabeth Tai
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I was actually semi bored at the beginning chapters as it’s about budgeting and I know quite a bit about it already. Anderson doesn't break huge grounds with this section, although it's pretty good advice. But what caught my attention were her chapters on setting goals - so many of us have only vague ideas how to make our goals a reality. The author has a very systematic and realistic way of helping you do that (no believe and it will happen nonsense), and it includes saving up for th ...more
Emily P
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Lots of practical, easily implemented budgeting formats to help you do the best you can with your money. By the system Kim sets forth in the book, you can be as detailed or diverse as you want. Having a formula and a list laid out makes things much more practical. I enjoyed her style of writing and her encouragement throughout the book. Some chapters were deeper dives than others, but paving a way to a practical budget and getting finances on track is not an easy pros ...more
Carol
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Live Save Spend Repeat was such an inspiring book fur us women. There were so man things I needed to know and learn and she taught me, and I am putting them into practice. I knew right away that this was the book for me when I saw "most of my life revolved around making money and spending it with no real idea of how much I had or how large a check I was going to write......" wow how true that is for may people and she gives hope and I believe even if you aren't struggling to stay alive day to da ...more
Robin
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that can bring humor into a book about tough financial topics deserves a good star! I was so impressed by the way Kim Anderson was able to make the topics all relatable to anyone reading. If you are in a state of abundance or dire times this book certainly has a message for you to read about.
I have had an established budgeted tool for years now but I was still able to get some great advice about different ways to look at things.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for sha
Jessilyn
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is good for a person, like me, who needs a kick in the butt when it comes to saving and spending money. She provides many good charts for getting started and lots of practical step by step advice on ways to save and earn money.
Beth Schmeisl
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and relatable book with an easy-to-follow plan to make a budget, pay off debt, and follow your dreams.
Andrea Christenson
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to lie, I really didn’t know if this book would benefit me at all. My family and I are already quite thrifty, and we don’t have any outstanding debts. Boy, was I surprised. I finished the book and found myself so inspired to make changes that I wrote it all down to hold myself accountable. Reading chapter 6 “Momentum Milestone Success Factors” was especially helpful. Kim talks about setting goals that are reachable, while still being a challenge, and then celebrating each goal met. ...more
Roxy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was all going so well until she threw the bible into the mix. I don't think Jesus needs to be involved in a finance book. There are some great ideas and valuable info in this book but the religion ruined the read for me. I just felt it was unnecessary.
Dana
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, self-help, 2019
Okay book, but the religious tone was not my cup of tea. Tried to ignore that part of it, but it was too prominent and therefore distracting.
Julia Dale
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In her book Live. Save. Spend. Repeat. The Life You Want With the Money You Have, author Kim Anderson offers hope to the hopeless.  She does so with the voice of a sister, encouraging you to believe in a better way and offers tangible tools as well as sound advice on how to see your way to the other side.

And, she has the street credentials to prove she not only knows what she's talking about but also follows her own advice.  Kim and her husband paid off their $93,000 mortgage in just two years
Shriti Chatterjee
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is like most motivational books. The gist is: Dream big, set big goals. Zero in on the leaps and bounds you'll need to take in order to reach them. Brace yourself for the time and effort required to reach there, and of course, don't give up on your dreams!

That said, my favorite part of the book was the Easy Sync Budget. It's the first step and the most essential one, and I really liked Kim's approach to it. Taking a page out of her book, I've finally downloaded an expense managing app
Meg Shafer
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book that leads you to make better choices for your budget!! She has great advice ideas and strategies.

I have a budget so this book helped fine tune some of th things I was already doing....however I feel like even though she gives you ideas on how to start a budget, I think this book is better suited for people who are trying to tweak their budgets rather than starting one. You may disagree.

Anyway if you need some direction and financial advice try this!
Olivia Chancellor
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good book on introductory budgeting for Christian women. Similar philosophies to Dave Ramsey. Personally I disagreed with her in that I don’t think there is anything wrong with having a credit card that you earn cash back on if you pay it off in full each month. This only works if you stick to your budget though. Would have liked for her to talk about investing in the stock markets as a way to grow money.
Sarah Parsons
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I would recommend this to female, Christian friends who have no clue about budgeting or managing basic finances. It’s perfectly geared to that audience, but I’d recommend other finance books to anyone who doesn’t meet that niche exactly. (So kudos to Kim for knowing exactly who her core audience is.)
Megan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great practical real life approach to saving money. There are a lot of great tips and tricks for saving and how to save. I would recommend this to someone trying to get a handle on their financial situation.
Morgan Tyree
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book that really helps with the "how to" when it comes to budgeting your money. Love Kim's practical approach. Definitely a book I would recommend to anyone wanting to better organize and manage their money.
Danielle Ketch-poorman
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kim Anderson gives real and personal ways to save money and bugdet effectively. She uses her life stories to connect to the often difficult tasks of saving money and finally having freedom from the bondage it can often bring.
Patti Pierce
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real look at real-life money decisions

This book is an excellent book about managing money while still living your life. It allows you the flexibility to focus on what is important to you personally while still using money responsibly.
Jean
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical budget book. This book gives some great ideals to how to save and get out of debt but also live.
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, finance
More of a bible study than a finance book. It distracted from what I thought was the purpose of the book. DNF at 10% due to the fact that I couldn't stomach her calling me friend one more time.
Laura Collins

Couldn’t finish this one. Just too preachy and unrealistic for me.
Sarah O'Connor
Lisa Coyne
Mar 11, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Am I Messing Up My Kids?: ...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks
  • Magic Lessons (Practical Magic, #0.1)
  • Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel
  • Across the Winding River
  • Any Dream Will Do (New Beginnings, #4)
  • Bleachers
  • Starting a Successful Blog when you have NO CLUE!: 7 Steps to WordPress Bliss.... (Beginner Internet Marketing Series Book 1)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • Unshakable Hope: Building Our Lives on the Promises of God
  • Make Money From Blogging: How To Start A Blog While Raising A Family
  • Dater's Handbook: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie
  • Living Life on Purpose: Discovering God's Best for Your Life
  • Fresh Out of Amazing: Opening Your Heart to God's Unexpected Invitation
  • Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need to Raise Extraordinary Men
  • The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
  • Triggers: Exchanging Parents' Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses