Start by marking “The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

(Dash & Lily #2)

Dash and Lily have now been going out for nearly a year - and it's been a really hard year. Lily's beloved grandfather had a heart attack and fell down some stairs. He survived, but his recovery has been slow. Lily insists that everything's fine. But Dash knows that her spirit is sagging. Her enthusiasm has been exhausted. And even with Christmastime, her favourite time, a ...more
Published November 2016 by Allen & Unwin (first published October 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily, please sign up.
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted) Yes! It's set about a year after the first book, (the following Christmas).

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well poo! I didn't love this book as much as the first book. I think Dash & Lily's Book of Dares was so much better than this one.

I still liked it, just didn't love it! And it was nice and Christmasy <-- I made up that word!

Lily was having a hard time when her grandfather had a minor heart attack. There were also some other things going on in her life.

It just didn't feel like the old Dash & Lily. Maybe because the book was so short, I don't know. I just love Dash & Lily either
emma
Dec 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
200 pages has never felt more like 400. (And this is a sequel, too.)

For background on my history with the first book: I read it for a middle school summer reading list the year it came out. (Six years ago.) I think I liked it but I was 13 and can’t hold myself to that belief. The other thing about it being six years ago is it really seems like a sequel is unnecessary. Especially one that takes place a mere year after the first. But I was on a quest for Christmasy books and I saw this. So I picke
Trina (Between Chapters)
Had some cute moments but it was too twee for me. I didn't get along with the writing style (shallow, tongue in cheek, both characters had too similar voices). First one was better because of the notebook format. I'd leave it as a standalone.
Heather
I enjoyed this book but it was missing that Dash & Lily fun!
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
2.5 Stars

Ever since I read Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, I had been dying for a companion novel, so I was thrilled to see one being released. However, there is far less adventure in this story and Lily’s character is so negative. The constant negativity doesn’t make the book seem Christmassy at all, and I ended up being pretty disappointed with this one.

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily, like Dash and Lily’s Books of Dares, contains adventure, though definitely not as much as the first book. The
Sylvie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
3/5 Stars

My last book of 2018!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish this today, but I hope I will. *fingers crossed*
Stacey (prettybooks)
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is one of my favourite YA festive novels. I've read it three times, over Christmas 2011, 2013 and 2016, so I was elated to discover that there would be a sequel.

The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily is sadder, more melancholy than its predecessor. Lily's grandfather is sick and she's unable to appreciate her favourite season. For this new Lily, there's no magical Christmas tree and no festive reindeer skirt. She is depressed and grieving, insecure about both her rela
Emma
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not like this book. The first book was okay and perfect to get people in the Christmas spirit. This one was just boring and slow. The things that happened were ridiculous and it definitely did not put me in the Christmas spirit. I found Lily and Dash annoying at times and I was not interested enough in their relationship to care.
I'm so sad to say this book disappointed me.
alexandra ling
so cute!! i finished it in one sitting. this novel felt like a fan fiction to the original, which i adore. it made me miss new york so very much and put me in the christmas spirit. would definitely recommend if you're looking for a holiday pick-me-up!
may ❀

This book review is dedicated to my girl, Lady Pim . . . also known as Annie ☆ {a court of mist & books} ☆

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily is the absolute cutest, had me cooing the whole time (well, not the first half, but you get my point.)

After reading the first book over a year ago, I fell in love with Dash and Lily and their quirky personalities, random hilarity, and ridiculous lives. Reading book two was like rereading book one with the benefit of not having the plot revealed (if th
Kate (GirlReading)
Adorable, Christmassy and all in all, a really enjoyable read.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is one of my favourite contemporaries, so I was both extremely excited and slightly apprehensive when I heard it was getting a sequel. This wasn't what I was expecting from a Dash and Lily sequel, it wasn't all sparkles and Christmas magic and honestly, I loved that. I really appreciated that this focused on a side of the holiday season that often gets brushed over, the fact that for a lot of people, i
Cameron Chaney
Overall, I liked this, but it could be pretty slow and there were parts that began to annoy me. I liked the direction things were going with Lily at first, then she started into the whining and I got irritated. Before then, she was selflessly being worn down, and I thought the book would be about her friends and family giving back to her. And this did happen, but only after she started complaining and running away. This could have been handled a little better.

Still, this sequel was charming enou
Julie Zantopoulos
This really helped to get me out of my mini reading slump, and it was a cute atmospheric read, but honestly---these kids are not relatable at all. The situations are so over the top but the family and friend dynamic and navigating a first love are all really cute so I can get over the Glitter Massacre and all the other insane shit that happens.
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
okay if this book doesn't put you in the holiday spirit then you're just a Scrooge anyways. This book is great, writing will keep you on the edge of your seat. and it's perfect for the hoilday season but it was a bit short sadly.
Veronique
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
"“We're librarians, sir. And we will not let you check out this future librarian unless you prove to us that you'll take good care of him when he's in your home.”

Oh the dangers of expectation! Having absolutely loved Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, I couldn’t wait to read this much-wanted sequel. As my scoring shows, it wasn’t love at first sight… Well, it is a little more complicated than that.

On the one side, it was so much fun to be reunited with these characters. Not just the main ones but
Emer (A Little Haze)
Ughhh... Where do I begin???

I didn't enjoy the first book in this series, 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' (review here) so I hear you ask why did I read the second one???

Combination of two things.

First.
I'd made the dreadful mistake of downloading this BEFORE I had read book one... Oh such a rookie error....

And second...
BUDDY READ!!!!!
Things are ALWAYS more fun when you can piss and moan discuss things calmly and sensibly with a friend!! And this was book number two in my Christmas buddy re
K.
Alternate title: USE YOUR FUCKING WORDS.

I mean.

First of all, the Australian covers of this duology are the most godawful shit. Seriously. They're so, so ugly. We have Dash and Lily's Book of Dares at work and I can't persuade a single student to read it, even after nine months of trying. Which makes me sad, because the first book is super cute and I love it.

This one, however, is a) depressing as all hell, and b) just flat out frustrating. Lily drove me absolutely nuts from start to finish. Sh
Kassiah
Mar 07, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, pub-2016
I. Am. So. Excited!
So Excited for this Book!
Robin Stevens
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, Christmassy, romantic romp through New York City. Do try to read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares before you read this, but I think it stands alone as well. 12+

Kayla
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did really enjoy this book but I didn't find the need for it. I feel that there was not any need to continue with Lily and Dash's story and I could have imagined an ending for them myself.
Cori Reed
CUTE. I didn't like it as much as the first story, but still a fun holiday read.
Zoë ☆
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
*1.5 stars
Nah. I didn’t like this. I didn’t like the main characters and frowned loads of times while reading this. Didn’t really get me into the Christmas mood unfortunately 😅
Maddie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Actual rating: 2.5 stars
Twelve Days of Dash and Lily is an unexpected sequel to Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, one of the first books I remember reading when I first joined BookTube. In a way, I loved this book as just a nod to the nostalgic days of 2013, and when I was still in the habit of reading seasonal books in their appropriate season. (Will this finally be the year that My True Love Gave to Me is appreciated?) But what else did I enjoy…?

P L O T

Following a pattern similar to Book of Dare
Kirsty
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october-2016, kindle
(Yes, I read this in October. I was too impatient to wait until a more sensible month in which to get to it.)

I shall begin my review by saying that I rarely read YA, but very much enjoyed Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, and wanted to see where Cohn and Leviathan would take them next. The writing of both authors is heightened far above that of other YA tomes which I have read in the past. Nothing feels cliched or dumbed down, for want of a better phrase, and some of the prose here is just beautif
Sherry
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book...but especially the Librarians!
Sara Santos
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"You can go anywhere in a book. Books are adventure. Knowledge. Possibility. Magic."
Laurence R.
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I thought it was better than the first book, but in the end, I don't think so. It's still cute, though! :)
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I really enjoyed Dash and Lily from their first book, but this story just did not seem as good. It was woefully sad and did not have the excitement and wonder from the first book. Quick read though.

Full review here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

I have been in the Dash & Lily fan club since I read their story in 2014. I loved their crazy games and following clues. They were two lost souls that found each other and it was beautiful. I was over the moon excited to discover there was
Simone
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-library
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 stars

Christmas makes every book better. I think I liked this second book better than the first (!) and loved the subtle references to Cohn & Levithan’s other books. And the quirkiness of their characters and writing.

Also NYC is so romanticised buuuuut still so excited to go to the Strand one day (with my Strand tote - shout out to El) 📚
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
The first book is better.

• The Lost Gift: A Christmas Story
  • V for Violet
  • The Baker's Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale, with Bonus Cookie Recipe and Pattern for St. Nicholas Christmas Cookies (25th Anniversary Edition)
  • Oskar and the Eight Blessings
  • Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: Together for Christmas (Cape Light #16)
  • Eloise at Christmastime
  • All the Ways to Here
  • Dusk
  • Flying Tips for Flightless Birds
  • The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love
  • Noteworthy
  • The Georgetown Ladies' Social Club: Power, Passion, and Politics in the Nation's Capital
  • Kook
  • Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Way Back Home
  • The Minnow
  • Maple & Willow's Christmas Tree
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
Rachel grew up in the D.C. area and graduated from Barnard College with a B.A. in Political Science. She has written many YA novels, including three that she cowrote with her friend and colleague David Levithan. She lives and writes (when she's not reading other people's books, organizing her music library or looking for the best cappuccino) in New York City.

Dash & Lily (2 books)
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)
“I know in my heart that I can live without him and I know in my heart that I don't want to-that's a good place to start, right?” 17 likes
“I have always found peace among books.” 16 likes