Start by marking “Revelations” as Want to Read:
Revelations

Revelations

Have you ever craved something so badly that all reason was just an excuse getting in your way?

Have you needed something so desperately that you didn’t care how you got it or who you hurt in the process?

I have—and not that long ago.

Acceptance.

Acceptance… from family and friends…

Acceptance of the person I am inside and not outright rejection.

It didn’t come easily for me, an
Published January 27th 2017 by Star's Sera Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Revelations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revelations

Dianne
She never seemed to fit in, anywhere, except maybe in her grandma’s arms. Her mother was a married man’s mistress and everyone knew both she and her sister were the results of a very long affair. When her father’s wife died, the three of them went to live in his upscale neighborhood and begin what should have been a fairy tale life of privilege, wealth, private schools and new friends who wouldn’t know her past. She would no longer be the outcast, the bullied or the shunned.

Antoinette was deter
iamnotabookworm
Wow! The first sentence alone already had me hooked. How much more the rest of the story?

This story is written like a series of journal entries. Yes, I have read a book recently that was done the same way. In this book, instead of Dear Diary, it was Dear Antoinette. Antoinette Justice is the main character of this story. Pretty much the whole story revolved around her issues as a teenager. Her need for acceptance and love. Her trying to overcome her insecurities and self-esteem issues.

This is
Giselle Marquez
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m going to be 100% honest when I say this: I usually hate books about depression. They are often over exaggerated and the character who is depressed gets extremely annoying. I was surprised however to find that this book wasn’t like that at all. As a matter of fact, I actually ended up really liking this book which kind of shocked me. The main character, Antoinette, never got annoying and was actually pretty entertaining to read about. The style of writing was absolutely beautiful. The story w ...more
Melleny
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
If you would like to see all my thoughts on this book, be sure to check out the review on my blog:

www.abooktropolis01.blogspot.co.za

But here is a snippet and overview of what I thought:

I had several expectations for this book and unfortunately, none of them were met. I found this story to be average overall but there was also a lot of potential that can be found if the author decided to revise this book. There is a lot of potential just sitting on the pages of this book.
Amber
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried but i couldntt finish

I made it three chapters in and gave up. The writing is childish and the characters act irrational all the time. There is no flow and no clear plot. This one just was not for me.
Alice Jackson
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting read. Lots of drama and conflict though.
Sweetpea
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Frankly, I was a little disturbed by this audiobook. Antoinette (Anna) craves acceptance but tries to find it with much older men. I can forgive a naive teenager for this obsession but I have a hard time with a gym teacher at her school, who's married with a child on the way, having an attraction for a 15-year old. I didn't like the example that was set here. It is NOT okay under any circumstances for a high school student to date a teacher, regardless of the outcome.

The narration was okay but I
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
J’étais très impatiente de lire ce livre, le résumé m’avait donné l’eau à la bouche. Quelle était cette chose dont le personnage principal avait tellement envie ? Cela va-t-elle la rendre folle ? La faire tuer des tas de personnes ? (oui, j’aime bien les thrillers). Bref, je me posais plein de questions.
Malheureusement, l’histoire n’a pas pris le tournant que j’espérais.

Dans ce livre, nous suivons la vie d’Antoinette Justice. Devenue adulte, une chose s’est produite dans sa vie qui a marqué un v
Becca-Rae Weidel
I won this book as part of a giveaway. It is about the struggles growing up for a young girl from elementary through high school. I thought it was a good read but I felt that the ending was "too easy." I don't want to be a spoiler so I won't reveal anything. I DID find myself really feeling for Antoinette as she faced the many hurdles in her life. I think it was definitely worth the read.
The Pursuit Of Bookiness
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow!

I did not expect this book to be what it was! The Author has excelled at bringing the story of Antoinette to life and what a messed up story it was!

Rarely does a book make me cry but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to shed a tear at this one!

I am sorry to say I expected something much more commercial and was so surprised to discover and original, heart wrenching and poignant story!

Although many won't be able to relate to Antoinette's story you can't help but root for her to get the
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:
4.5 Stars

This was not at all what I expected. The depth of this book was shocking and the path that the protagonist’s life carves is not generic or commercialized. Antoinette’s life is seriously messed up and yet somehow despite the never-ending changes, trials, and betrayals, she remains strong and good. She struggles deeply and reaches some heartbreaking lows but she refuses to let go of her values and her standards. Between that inner strength and the few loyal people in
Jacquelyn Smith
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The life of a teen is a hard path when bulling is in involved. Antoinette's life was filled with betrayal and hardship, but without family values to refer she develop into her own person. This story shows that it does not matter what type of background you come from, if you believe in yourself the skies the limit. This book brought me to tears, because this is a every day event it wasn't just a book a child in need of love from mother being or bullied at school. No one taking the in the family u ...more
Kim & Jordyn
  • Now I Know It's Not My Fault: A Novel
  • The Year of Loving
  • Forever ME
  • Beneath the Silence
  • Exposing Kitty Langley (Charity, #2.5)
  • Punishment Summer
  • The Law of Tall Girls
  • The Perpetual Motion Club
  • Blue Waters (Tainted Water #1)
  • I'm Not Her
  • Robin in the Hood (Robbin' Hearts Series #1)
  • Permanent Record
  • Screwed
  • Georgetown Academy: Book One
  • Pearl
  • Almost Perfect
  • Where Life Takes You (Life, #1)
  • Snip, Snip Revenge
I write YA books and cook for everyone and their momma. They particularly love my baked goods. I write books about strong girls who are fighting both internal and external battles but usually prevail in the end.

I live in Arkansas with my husband who is a Prince wannabe and a few spooky ghosts that like to follow me wherever I go. Don't laugh at the ghosts. They don't like that.