Start by marking “How to Seduce a Band Geek (How To #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Seduce a Band Geek (How To #2)

How to Seduce a Band Geek

(How To #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,016 ratings  ·  142 reviews
Sierra Livingston's got it bad for her sister's best friend, Levi Mason---the boy who carries his drumsticks in his pocket, marches with the school's band, and taps his feet to whatever beat runs through his head. Sierra racks her brain for ways to impress the sexy drummer, but nothing seems to be working.

When Sierra gets paired with Levi's sister, Brea, for a mentorship
Published September 17th 2016 by CookieLynn Publishing (first published May 2014)

To ask other readers questions about How to Seduce a Band Geek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Seduce a Band Geek

really liked it 4.00  ·

• Lisa •
FOUR LOVE A GEEK STARS.

"Have you ever felt like you're exploding from the inside out?"

description

There is no one I know of who writes young Adult, first love so well. It feels like Cassie Mae has delved into the average teenage brain and taken out all the romantic, awkward, loved up parts and put it all together to deliver a cute, sweet and adorable story. I can't help but fall in love with yet another of this authors hilarious romantic comedies and I'm hoping that those who love this genre will take my
Anamarija
I don't know about you but I'm feeling ...17...everything will be alright if you keep me next to you..." ♫♪♫♪ 4 stars ☆☆☆☆
Normally, I do not read young adult. Especially since Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire (which has been a torture for me). BUT this has been so fun and cute!
We got Sierra (love that name!), a creative geek, an outcast, prude if you listen to gossips,
 photo tumblr_llgt7suAFb1qafrh6.gif
 photo giphy_1.gif
Levi, a band geek (actually former drummer),
blonde hottie, Sierra's sister Zoe best friend!
 photo ezgif-1128936873.gif
 photo tumblr_inline_mlvmubXeeU1qz4rgp.gif
And Zoe, and her boyfriend Zak. And their friends Adam, Sydney an
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Hmm... Not as good as I would expect from the author, still not awful...

RTC!!
Mariana
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Warning: There will be some serious fangirling in this review. I thought I should give you a fair warning.

So, first of all. There is no "What I didn't like" part. This is, after Switched that is, my favorite book from Cassie. Without a doubt.

This was me, when I got the earc:

This was me, reading the book:

This was me when the book ended:

"Oh my god this book is so awesome"

"No, no, NOOOOO! I don't wan it to end"

I was seriously doing both.

Ok, fangirling apart (or maybe not!) I really, really loved th
Lenore Kosinski
4.75 stars -- I know, I know, 4.75 stars? But seriously, I have a reason. Hold your horses.

NOTE: I was lucky enough to receive an advanced ecopy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review!!

OK, so to say that this book had a lot to live up to in my head is kind of an understatement. I thoroughly enjoyed How to Date a Nerd (book 1), and pretty much fell into a total all out crush with Levi from the first moment he walked over to Zoe to see if she was ok. So a book where he's
Rachel Schieffelbein
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Cassie Mae book yet! I loved Sierra so much! The whole thing is just so sweet and funny and fun! Just what we've come to expect from Cassie Mae!
And I can't wait to see the cover!!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Such an adorable read, I really had fun with this. Perfect for a lazy day by the pool.
Tiffany Willams
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was given an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review:)*

"How do I seduce a band geek?"

That's the question going through Sierra Livingston's mind every single day. You see, Sierra has a dilemma. She's in love with her big sister's best friend. Not just a "silly girl crush" kind of love. A head over heals, can't get you out of my mind, I can't breathe around you kind of love. But how can she ever get him to see her as anything other than Zoe's 'little sis'?

It doesn't help matters that for the
Joood Hooligan
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I was excited to read this book after the first one, which was pretty fantastic. So, as soon as Sofia finished this and reviewed it - it was my turn.

And it was great. I, like Levi, was unable to afford an instrument when I attended public school, but I didn't have a spare one lying around my house. I had to make due with the second best option - I joined hand bells. Although, unlike Sofia with her band picture, I couldn't find a single picture of me playin
Sofia The Great
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, nerdy
5 Geeky Platypires!

After reading, How to Date A Nerd and loving it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series. I know a lot of authors have problems writing the second book in a series but fortunately Cassie Mae did not disappoint. I freaking adored this book. Seriously. Jump up & down adored it. This book was filled with so much lovely, mushy YA goodness that I just loved.
I really liked the characters Sierra and Levi. This book is more than just a regular teen angs
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Perfection.

How can I explain just how perfect this book is?

Gosh, where do I even start?

Okay, let's try it this way...

This book is all about finding the strength to rise above the bullying. The first book was all about being yourself, but this one? It's about staying true to it and not letting every bad thing that other people say get to you.

I'm so proud of the main character, Sierra, because for one, she's a good daughter. She listens to her parents and respects them. Second, she has evolved in
Theresa Kay
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading How to Date a Nerd, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Sierra in this book. In Nerd she was more a background character, but in this installment she's front and center and she really knows how to carry the story. A bullied outcast at school, Sierra hasn't had it easy since the first book and it shows. She puts on a good act, not even really letting her sister in on how she's suffering at school. And then there's Levi, Zoe's good friend and the guy Sierra's majorly crushing on. ...more
Caylie
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm not going to lie, I was scared to start this book, because I didn't think I'd have a connection to Sierra after reading about her in Zoe's story.

But I'm glad I did read it! Oh how I adore Sierra! She's fun and spunky and loyal and dorky and creative. She was so fun to read about.
My heart ached for her dealing with those stupid people and how much she let it bother her. But Damn, did she ever stick to her guns during and after that party. You go girl! Haha!

And Levi?? Oh...where do I ev
Riley K.
This story picks up with Zoe’s sister Sierra and her quest to overcome her bad reputation that was unfairly given to her. Sierra has developed the feels for Levi, he is one of the guys that was introduced to the reader in How to Date a Nerd.
Cassie Mae has done a good job writing a clean Young Adult story. She even brought awareness to what goes on at a teen party which I think everyone should be aware of. I really like how the characters from the first book make appearances.
I will definitely r
Ilima
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best kissing scenes I've ever read. LOVED this book.
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:

I received this book from the author via YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

Alright everyone, I need you to prepare yourselves because I am going to do some major gushing in this review!!

I have not enjoyed a contemporary romance this much in a very long time. There have been a few here and there, but the last one that made it to my favorites list was probably Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by the same author who wrote
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of How to Seduce a Band Geek, book 2 of the How To series, in exchange for my review.

Sierra learnt from her big sister Zoe not to pretend to be who she isn't, but taking that advice led to a reputation, and not one that gets her anything good. And Sierra has an eye on a boy; Levi. To Sierra it seems that Levi gets on with everybody, and that he is the only boy in school who doesn't really have a clique...except that
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

This book was adorable, as I knew it would be. I think this is now my second favourite Cassie Mae book. Since reading Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend I have kept reading all her books hoping they would be as good. They have all been great (except for maybe Switched which I wasnt a big fan of) but this one came the closest.

Levi was adorable, which I knew from How to Date a Nerd. But what I didnt know was that Sierra was so aw
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

How do I seduce a band geek?

Right question there, Sierra. I'm sure everyone would love to know the answer to that question especially if the band geek would be as sensitive and swoon worthy as Levi.

For all of those who have read the first book, How To Date A Nerd, we all met Sierra as Zoe's little pesky sister. I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't like her that much in Nerd. Maybe because details wasn't really given about her which is completely understandable since, well, it was Zoe's st
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
Also posted on: The Shadow Realm

description

This review is gonna be short and sweet because if I go on for too long I'm just gonna be rambling and repeating myself.
This book was AWESOME!! Like seriously I am fangirling over how fricking cute it was! I think this has become my favourite novel by Cassie Mae. It was so adorkable and sweet and nerdy and funny and...I think you get the idea ;)
I loved Sierra! I didn't know what I was gonna think of her because I didn't really like her in How to Date a Nerd but af
Adrienne
He lifts his head, blue eyes on me again. "I can't keep being the one who always takes care of everyone." His hand moves to my neck, and he brings me close.
"I need someone to take care of me."

lovelovelove

Why can't you not be a fictional character? Why can't you not live in a book?! I'd take care of you forever, Levi! And while I'm at it, I'd also be glad to have your babies!

I liked How to Date a Nerd but I LOVED this one. Sierra was absolutely hilarious! She didn't just get a giggle or two from me - she
Becky
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Reading Cassie Mae makes always leaves me with a massive smile on my face, How to Seduce a Band Geek was totally Awesomesauce:)

We met Sierra in How to Date a Nerd and she was the little sister who played up. This story is set two years later and i was happy to see Sierra and Zoe's relationship had developed a lot. Sierra was definitely one of my favourite characters and i love the feeling of teenage romance when every "accidental" brush against
Rebecca
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
I WANT A BAND GEEK!!! I can smell like apples and I wear glasses..so I could snag one..right!!

Levi and Sierra are THE greatest couple yet in this series! I loved reading about a young girl who wasn't afraid to stick her guns about her beliefs and what she wasn't ready for yet, even if did mean wrecking her sister's car!! She made me laugh at her nervousness and antics that she did to get Levi's attention.:)

Levi has had some rough patches in his life recently and is having a hard time strugglin
Mandy
Best first kiss in the history of first kisses! I LOVED this book! I think Cassie Mae is some sort of genius - this book is funny, sweet, geeky and moving and impossible to put down once you start it. The first kiss in this book was amazing and so well written I went back and read it twice. I loved the characters and I'm so happy that Zoe and Zak from How to Date a Nerd made so many appearances. I think that this book has a really good message about just being who you are. I wish I could take th ...more
Elodie
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 piccolo stars!

"I love how you freeze up in Debate, but ramble on and on when you get nervous. I love the way you play video games. I fell in love with your snort, your glasses, your scent. Damn, I love your apple scent. You never drop your gaze when I look at you. You told me no when I asked to kiss you. You wouldn't let me do that unless it meant something. And I fell in love with you for it."
Heidi
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book even more than Nerd! Cassie brings the characters to life again and I absolutely love Levi! One of my favorite books that Cassie Mae has written.
Inda
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap. How do I start this review? I just got done reading this one and I’m trying to figure out where to start. Hmm, how about the beginning? LOL

I won this book a long time ago in a giveaway and only just got to it now. My friend (the one and only Krystle from http://kookiekrysp.com/ ) told me that it was a cute/sweet read and that she thought it was right up my alley. And of course she was right. It turns out this book was everything she bragged about. I loved it. Simple as that.

I’ve read
Carolyn
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the How To series and I love how the two main characters in this book were introduced to us in book 1 and the main characters in book 3 were introduced to us in this book. Hope this makes sense.

Book 1 was about Zoe and Zak and book 2 is about Zoe’s best friend Levi and her sister Sierra. Sierra has fallen big time for Levi but he doesn’t seem to notice, he treats her like Zoe’s little sister. So as the title suggests how does she go about seducing a band geek? Well it
Crystal (that.ending.though)
Review first posted on crystalinbookland.blogspot.com

Cassie's books always make my cheeks hurt by the time I'm done. This book was just freaking adorable and filled me with all the happy feels. It is definitely a book that I would pick up on a bad day just to lift up my spirits. I really don't think anything I write can do it justice but I will try. :)

I really didn't think after HOW TO DATE A NERD that I could find another nerdy little couple that I would think we're absolute perfection...boy
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie's second How To book landed in my Kindle app to no small amount of squealing. Then came the torture of needing to finish a couple of other books for their reviews before I could open it. The other books were great, but the waiting was not. Sometimes life is just not fair.

Alas, a business trip and the requisite plane trip provided the perfect time to dive in and enjoy. One flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta and the book was finished, leaving me pouting that I have to wait until next year
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• King Sized Beds and Happy Trails (Beds, #1)
  • The Romeo Club
  • Pwned
  • Don't Fall
  • ラストゲーム 7 (Last Game, #7)
  • The Funeral Singer
  • The Libby Garrett Intervention (Science Squad, #2)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Love and Decay, Episode Five (Love and Decay, #5)
  • Forever Summer (Summer, #4)
  • Winning Me Over (Unexpected Love, #2)
  • Even So, I Will Love You Tenderly
  • Drawn: His Secret Toy (Good Girls with Secrets, #1)
  • The Hookup Hoax (The Hoax Series, #2)
  • Tight Knit
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • たいようのいえ 9 [Taiyou no Ie 9]
  • 夢結び恋結び 4 [Yume Musubi Koi Musubi 4]
CASSIE MAE is the author of a few hundred—okay, maybe not that many—books, some of which became popular for their quirky titles, characters, and stories. She likes writing about nerds, geeks, the awkward, the fluffy, the short, the shy, the loud, the fun.

Since publishing her bestselling debut, Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend, she’s signed several Romance titles with Random House Loveswept,

How To (3 books)
  • How to Date a Nerd (How To #1)
  • How to Hook a Bookworm (How To, #3)
“Levi is made from the beautiful pool of people, but its his good-guy-ness that makes him the most gorgeous man alive.” 5 likes
“My eyes travel up red slacks, a white marching band shirt with a red sash that says ORCHARD HIGH, and finally reach the top of Levi's head fashioning a red and white hat that straps under his chin. He gives me a half smile, and taps his leg with his piccolo.
He is without a doubt, the sexiest human being alive.”
4 likes