Start by marking “Idea to Execution: How to Optimize, Automate, and Outsource Everything in Your Business” as Want to Read:

Ari Meisel and Nick Sonnenberg recently launched a profitable Virtual Assistant (VA) business in just one day - challenging the startup mentality that every new venture requires months of planning and a large investment of capital. Their VA business was born from scribbled notes on a cocktail napkin during dinner and was an up-and-running less than 24 hours later. By follo ...more
Paperback
Published September 14th 2016 by Lioncrest Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Idea to Execution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idea to Execution

Start your review of Idea to Execution: How to Optimize, Automate, and Outsource Everything in Your Business
Pradyuman Singh Rajput
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Story and ideas on creating your potential business in 24 hours
Héctor Iván Patricio Moreno
Good book but it could be better

The story of how they get from zero to one is amazing and inspiring, but I would liked a more distilled book. May one with better structured chapters with the clear lessons for the reader stated. Though, the advice about tech tools is great.
Nikita Burdick
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It was very informative. I love all the apps they mentioned and started trying to see what could be beneficial for my firm. It was a little hard to read and a bit dry even for a nonfiction book. However, I did enjoy learning how the business unraveled and developed.
Norah
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blinkist.

Very interesting story of how Less Doing or Leverage is established. And quite recent too - from Aug 2015 to now. The biggest takeaway for me is to simply start doing whatever you want to do. Otherwise none of the tips/tricks can be applied.
Max Peters
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Some nice practical ideas, but could've been way better.

Jacob Coldwell
Disappointing.

Seems like a bit of bait and switch. Great title, but the book is basically a rundown of the history of their journey. There is not a really how to.
Marcelo Vieira
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blinkist
Sempre legal acessar relatos pessoais de empreendedores. Reforçou percepções e crenças minhas.
Devin Ambron
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book used their business heavily for the case study, which makes sense, but left me wondering how these ideas apply to product businesses. Useful for an overview of the tools they used to build the business. What opportunities present themselves for new business creation? Are there any in your niche that you can further innovate and compete with?

Takeaways:
- Optimize, automate and outsource.
- Use 5 Whys technique to get to root of problem.
- Get customers hooked on your product or service. Whe
Scott Wozniak
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a short, specific explanation of how these guys started a virtual assistant business. They do a little too much selling of their company in this book, but the detailed examples of how they set up the software, people, and systems was helpful. If you're doing work like theirs it's good. If not, then you will have to translate a lot of this to make it helpful.

Big idea: use apps and train people to make recurring tasks happen automatically--and do this from the start.

Best value: getting t
Siobhan
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book for effectiveness freaks (like me)

I had already read Ari's first book and was hooked. I have read all of the top books on effectiveness but none really offer the knowledge on the tools that make it possible. This book does. It seems a little daunting initially because although I love my technology, learning new apps takes focus. But I immediately saw results. You will too.
Hahna Kane
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best business books out there

This is a must read! If you're not optimizing, automating, or outsourcing your efforts, then you're working against yourself. If you are tolerating mediocrity and want to take back the money and success you're leaving on the table, then this book will help you achieve your business's potential in the most efficient way possible.
Julianna Dawson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A More Efficient Me

I love the ideas in this book about how to optimize, automate and outsource. I read it for clues on how to do things more efficiently and ended up learning a lot more. I even realized that there are some things I should keep doing myself. The things I love and enjoy doing for example. A pleasant surprise among all the other things in this book.
Hannah P
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great knight to these behind he scenes trials and tribulations of a start-up!

I'm a client and have high regards for Nick and Ari for not only going for it, but also showing everyone how to do it themselves....
Scott Cowan
Lots of words not a lot of takeaways

Meh, I don't why but I was expecting a bit more than a 10,000 ft overview. It read like a long form sales letter. Some takeaways but there are better books on doing more with less.
Jim
Nov 23, 2016 added it
This book combined tips for entrepreneurs with sales copy for the authors' business. I got a renewed enthusiasm to optimise, automate and outsource in my company, but it won't be with VAs.
Nicholas Sonnenberg
Jan 24, 2018
Philip Nigel Hooks
Nov 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
  • Summary of The Gift of Fear: by Gavin de Becker | Includes Analysis
  • Summary: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
  • Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
  • Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business
  • Summary: Never Split the Difference - Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss
  • No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
  • Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
  • Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
  • Summary of Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • The Duties Of Parents
  • Summary of You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
  • Do More Faster: Techstars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup
  • 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs
  • Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
  • Don't Sweat The Small Stuff Omnibus
  • Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • Passive Income Ideas: 18 Ways to Make $2,000+ per Month with Your Online Business and Gain Financial Freedom (Affiliate Marketing, Amazon FBA, eBay, Drop Shipping, Shopify, Blogging, and More)

News & Interviews