Start by marking “Idea to Execution: How to Optimize, Automate, and Outsource Everything in Your Business” as Want to Read:

Ari Meisel and Nick Sonnenberg recently launched a profitable Virtual Assistant (VA) business in just one day - challenging the startup mentality that every new venture requires months of planning and a large investment of capital. Their VA business was born from scribbled notes on a cocktail napkin during dinner and was an up-and-running less than 24 hours later. By ...more
Paperback
Published September 14th 2016 by Lioncrest Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Idea to Execution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idea to Execution

Start your review of Idea to Execution: How to Optimize, Automate, and Outsource Everything in Your Business
Héctor Iván Patricio Moreno
Good book but it could be better

The story of how they get from zero to one is amazing and inspiring, but I would liked a more distilled book. May one with better structured chapters with the clear lessons for the reader stated. Though, the advice about tech tools is great.
Nikita Burdick
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It was very informative. I love all the apps they mentioned and started trying to see what could be beneficial for my firm. It was a little hard to read and a bit dry even for a nonfiction book. However, I did enjoy learning how the business unraveled and developed.
Norah
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blinkist.

Very interesting story of how Less Doing or Leverage is established. And quite recent too - from Aug 2015 to now. The biggest takeaway for me is to simply start doing whatever you want to do. Otherwise none of the tips/tricks can be applied.
Max Peters
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Some nice practical ideas, but could've been way better.

Marcelo Vieira
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blinkist
Sempre legal acessar relatos pessoais de empreendedores. Reforçou percepções e crenças minhas.
Devin Ambron
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book used their business heavily for the case study, which makes sense, but left me wondering how these ideas apply to product businesses. Useful for an overview of the tools they used to build the business. What opportunities present themselves for new business creation? Are there any in your niche that you can further innovate and compete with?

Takeaways:
- Optimize, automate and outsource.
- Use 5 Whys technique to get to root of problem.
- Get customers hooked on your product or service.
Scott Wozniak
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a short, specific explanation of how these guys started a virtual assistant business. They do a little too much selling of their company in this book, but the detailed examples of how they set up the software, people, and systems was helpful. If you're doing work like theirs it's good. If not, then you will have to translate a lot of this to make it helpful.

Big idea: use apps and train people to make recurring tasks happen automatically--and do this from the start.

Best value: getting
Siobhan
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book for effectiveness freaks (like me)

I had already read Ari's first book and was hooked. I have read all of the top books on effectiveness but none really offer the knowledge on the tools that make it possible. This book does. It seems a little daunting initially because although I love my technology, learning new apps takes focus. But I immediately saw results. You will too.
Hahna Kane
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best business books out there

This is a must read! If you're not optimizing, automating, or outsourcing your efforts, then you're working against yourself. If you are tolerating mediocrity and want to take back the money and success you're leaving on the table, then this book will help you achieve your business's potential in the most efficient way possible.
Julianna Dawson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A More Efficient Me

I love the ideas in this book about how to optimize, automate and outsource. I read it for clues on how to do things more efficiently and ended up learning a lot more. I even realized that there are some things I should keep doing myself. The things I love and enjoy doing for example. A pleasant surprise among all the other things in this book.
Hannah P
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great knight to these behind he scenes trials and tribulations of a start-up!

I'm a client and have high regards for Nick and Ari for not only going for it, but also showing everyone how to do it themselves....
Scott Cowan
Lots of words not a lot of takeaways

Meh, I don't why but I was expecting a bit more than a 10,000 ft overview. It read like a long form sales letter. Some takeaways but there are better books on doing more with less.
Jim
Nov 23, 2016 added it
This book combined tips for entrepreneurs with sales copy for the authors' business. I got a renewed enthusiasm to optimise, automate and outsource in my company, but it won't be with VAs.
Nicholas Sonnenberg

• Esoteric Anatomy: The Body as Consciousness
  • The Gene Keys: Unlocking the Higher Purpose Hidden in Your DNA
  • Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
  • The Doors of Perception
  • The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity
  • Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
  • The 10 Laws of Career Reinvention: Essential Survival Skills for Any Economy
  • Unlocking Potential: 7 Coaching Skills That Transform Individuals, Teams, and Organizations
  • Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It
  • On Grand Strategy
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Edge of Chaos: Why Democracy Is Failing to Deliver Economic Growth-and How to Fix It
  • The Road to Unfreedom: Russia, Europe, America